Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16-05-2010, 15:26   #16
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Yep, the reporter of Globo TV(in Brazil) was just saying that Mario Fernandes was a doubt for this game, because of a shoulder injure(in doubt for a surgery), and the poor boy just injured the shoulder. Now theres no doubt he will need the surgery...

One more time very strong in one a ones, but fail in Corinthians goal when he didn't jump and let Ralph score. To be fair with the lad, Falcão(Brazlian legend and now a pundit) stated after the goal that Mario wounded shoulder, was a know problem for Grêmio's coach in aerial game. Because he wasn't able to jump and compete with the opposite player.
It's because Grêmio is playing with a mixed team, DUCO... They are saving players for the clash against Santos wednesday. Only 4 players are starters(less one with Mario now).

Back to Jucilei, I'm glad you take notice. From last season, what you stated(powerful) was a thing he was lacking imo. He was far from soft, but wasn't also playing with the powerful a big lad like him can do. Shame Corinthians coach loves a catenaccio, and are holding him and Ralph a lot. But you can see every time he goes forward something good happens.

Now, the bad news:
Falcão said a guy from Fiorentina is at the Stadium, and said to him Jucilei, Mario Fernandes and Vitor(Grêmio GK) are the ones he came to see live. I can accept we didn go for Neymar, Ganso and Giuliano because of our budget, but I hope we don sleep on Jucilei and Mario...
is Mario Fernandes really just 19/20? If so we must absolutely look to get him as he looks like he plays like an experienced veteran.
Old 16-05-2010, 16:16   #17
maslok

maslok is on a distinguished road
We don't need players playing like experienced veterans, cuz we already have experienced veterans in our team. ;dd
Old 16-05-2010, 16:37   #18
Brasileiro

Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
is Mario Fernandes really just 19/20? If so we must absolutely look to get him as he looks like he plays like an experienced veteran.
Yep(1990), and he's also very strong for his age. Very composed, calm, rarely booked. Like you said, he plays like a veteran. And plays with a attitude... play strong without to be violent. Plus, if the press is right, with a Italian passport.

Some Brazilian young CB's are good, but will clearly need to change their style in Europe. to play tough doesn't mean to be violent, and Mario show this in every game that I saw. Most important, the guy is hard to beat in one a ones... very hard.

On I side note: The injure that took him off of the games appears to be less serious than people thought. I hope he's able to play Against Santos Wednesday night, because different of last game, besides Robinho, Ganso, André, Léo it will be also Neymar testing him.
Old 16-05-2010, 16:48   #19
DUCO

Fave Players: Nesta ,Gourcuff,RIVERA,Kaka,Pato,MALDINI,Sheva
DUCO is on a distinguished road
nice job Brasileiro you doing I great job for all membars of MM....
the campionato brasilieriro it s start it s nice to watch this kind of fotball her in europe it s playing modern fotball with a lot a money and a fotbaall game have no more moral valuet
witch it s not a case for a sud america....
on the start the all favorites are sleep only a internaciol have a ween against goias..santos 1-1 and sao paulo 1-2 agains botavogo...

GAME OVER
Old 16-05-2010, 17:05   #20
Brasileiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCO View Post
nice job Brasileiro you doing I great job for all membars of MM....
the campionato brasilieriro it s start it s nice to watch this kind of fotball her in europe it s playing modern fotball with a lot a money and a fotbaall game have no more moral valuet
witch it s not a case for a sud america....
on the start the all favorites are sleep only a internaciol have a ween against goias..santos 1-1 and sao paulo 1-2 agains botavogo...
Thanks, DUCO...
At the start of Brasileirão, several teams are playing with mixed lineups because Copa do Brazil and Libertadores are in knockout stage. São Paulo, Internacional, Cruzeiro in Libertadores, Grêmio, Santos, Vitória in Copa do Brazil.

Like I said in another topic, there's no such a style of play here. Today Corinthians put a 4-3-3 catenaccio(his coach love it). São Paulo also play defensive, the new Inter also. Grêmio is very physical, but play for the win, and the list goes on...
Old 16-05-2010, 23:04   #21
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Just a thought, it is funny how a lot of teams nowadays are looking at Brazil for defenders or DM/CM instead of forwards and attk mids.

I am not dissing Brazil defenders by any means, just interesting to see that happening.
Old 16-05-2010, 23:08   #22
k7r

Fave Players: Il Capitano
k7r is on a distinguished road
Cigarini, Lanzafame, Santon, Aquilani, Rossi will be made available in the market this summer.....I would not mind signing one or two these youngsters...
Old 17-05-2010, 00:17   #23
Gabriel489

Yes to Santon and Rossi, no to others.

Cigarini is talented but I think his style is not suited for the modern game unless he is playing on a team with TRUE WINGERS.

Aquilani is a very over-rated player. I think the fact that he is young and on occasion showed glimpse of brilliance is giving out false hope that he can become a WC player.

Have not seen enough of Lanzafame to comment.
Old 17-05-2010, 00:48   #24
Brasileiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Just a thought, it is funny how a lot of teams nowadays are looking at Brazil for defenders or DM/CM instead of forwards and attk mids.

I am not dissing Brazil defenders by any means, just interesting to see that happening.
Yep... I got your point.

Funny you talk about it, because yesterday I saw Lippi on TV(in a interview to a Brazilian channel), and when was asked about his thoughts on Brazil NT, the first thing he praised was Brazil's defense. Saying that with that defense, they are his favorites. A Italian coach praising a Brazilian NT defense first is surreal...

DM we always produced, and some amazing ones. But imo Dunga risk to much in not call and develop at least a young DM(#5) for the W. Cup. He had time to develop Sandro(after call him), but chose to not give strong minutes to the lad, and now is stuck with G. Silva and Josué. Huge bet as the one with the LB's that don play the position like Michel Bastos and Gilberto.

Thats(and a Kaká or L. Fabiano injure) is where lies our problems(early elimination)...

Last edited by Brasileiro; 17-05-2010 at 00:50.
Old 17-05-2010, 02:08   #25
Codino

Fave Players: Van Basten, Baggio
Codino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7r View Post
Cigarini, Lanzafame, Santon, Aquilani, Rossi will be made available in the market this summer.....I would not mind signing one or two these youngsters...
for me, cigarini and aquilani would solve much of the creativity problem. both aren't as highly rated as a few seasons ago but no-one can doubt the talent.
Old 17-05-2010, 02:36   #26
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
I am not a fan of Cigarini (not good enough) nor Aquilani (inconsistencies with form & fitness). I really doubt that Inter would want to sell Santon, almost impossible as they are in dire need of Italians and they have currently have 2 gems that are not 21 yet (Balotelli and Santon). They will do everything in their power to keep these two. I saw a report yesterday after the final whistle of Balo saying I am not sure I am going to say in Inter.

Another player that will not be expensive and can be very interesting to us is Fabio Santacroce. There will also be a handful of departures from Palermo who did not make it to the CL. I think Kjaer will leave, Bresciano & Simplicio have already left, Cavani wants to leave, Pastore, Miccoli and Hernandez should be staying but I'm not sure about it.

Udinese also have Di Natale with 29 goals, personally I wouldn't take hm as he's a tad bit too old but an interesting player from them would be Inler and Alex Sanchez. Lazio have Kolarov and Zarate [amazing player with a terrible season last year, we should sign him for 25m and forget Dzeko, this kid has more.

From Brazil there are quite a few talents that Brasiliero mentions regularly. The ones I like the most is Jucilei and Robinho. Also keep in mind City failed to make it to the CL and will be doing alot of offloading this summer, it might be wise to keep an eye on Robinho and Micah Richards. Tottenham have an interesting player in Bale but given that they made it to the CL and he's had a great last 2 months in the season, it would be safe to assume that he is out of Milan's reach.

Real Madrid will be adding some more Galacticos have another failure of a season so expect a few departures at the very least. We should keep our eyes on Lass Diarra (one of the best players in the world), Drenthe, Ramos, Higuain, and Van der Vaart.
Old 17-05-2010, 02:36   #27
Filipéz 182

Fave Players: Flamini, Pato, G.Rossi, T.Silva, Hazard, Lukaku
Filipéz 182 is an unknown quantity at this point
For me Alberto Aquilani has all the talent that is needed to become one of the best CM's in the world. I wouldnt mind getting him. hiss only problem are his injuries, wich can become a real problem.
Aquilani and G.Rossi are both available this summer... wouldnt it be nice to see them in red n black next season

EDIT: true hitmann, also Santacroce would be a great buy!!! Aquilani, G.Rossi and Santacroce, all are REALLY talented, they havent totally lived up to expectations so far, but If we could get the best out of them we would have 3 brilliant italian players.

Last edited by Filipéz 182; 17-05-2010 at 02:39.
Old 17-05-2010, 03:10   #28
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasileiro View Post
Yep(1990), and he's also very strong for his age. Very composed, calm, rarely booked. Like you said, he plays like a veteran. And plays with a attitude... play strong without to be violent. Plus, if the press is right, with a Italian passport.

Some Brazilian young CB's are good, but will clearly need to change their style in Europe. to play tough doesn't mean to be violent, and Mario show this in every game that I saw. Most important, the guy is hard to beat in one a ones... very hard.

On I side note: The injure that took him off of the games appears to be less serious than people thought. I hope he's able to play Against Santos Wednesday night, because different of last game, besides Robinho, Ganso, André, Léo it will be also Neymar testing him.
You know, when I saw him he reminded me a little of Maldini at that age. I'm not saying he'll be as good, but his physique and playing style seems quite similar from the little I've seen. Tactically, he might need a bit more discipline, but for his age he's far beyond what I would have expected.

Quite frankly, I'm certain him and Jucilei should be the two players we get from Brazil this summer and they must be of high priority for our list of targets. Unbelievable there's so little interest surrounding them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslok View Post
We don't need players playing like experienced veterans, cuz we already have experienced veterans in our team. ;dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post

Traditionally there's a stigma surrounding Brazilian defenders (and to a much lesser extent DMs) because of the nations naturally attacking football. This has lead to stereotypes about Brazilian defenders. However, the reality is there have generally always been quality Brazilian defenders, with many succeeding in Europe. From around the 80s (mainly the late 80s), which is when Brazilians started coming to Europe frequently, we've seen Aldair, Marcio Santos, Mauro Silva and Dunga all play much of the career out in Europe. Many played in Italy, which during those times was overloaded with quality defenders and midfielders, which shows irrespective of stereotypes, quality Brazilian players have always been sought after.
Old 17-05-2010, 03:25   #29
bijon

Fave Players: Seedorf, Cassano, Pirlo, Nesta, Pazzini
bijon is on a distinguished road
now if only there was a way we could communicate our suggestions to the big wigs at the club, does anyone have any ideas?

Its pointless speculating and analyzing good transfers if we can't communicate it to the people in charge of doing the transfers.
Old 17-05-2010, 03:30   #30
Gabriel489

Dev, I am not saying that Defensive Brazil players just began popping up over the past years. I am saying that when people think of Brazil players, they are no longer thinking about just attackers but their defenders too.
When you think about it, Brazil pretty much produced a top five players in each position over the last ten years, not to mention always having one to two top five players in the world.
GK: Marcos, Dida and Caesar
RB: Cafu, Maicon, D. Alves
CB: Lucio, Alex(be was a beast in PSV), Juan
LB: R. Carlos, Serginho, and thats about it but not like there are any top LB these past 2 years.
DM/CM: Emerson(b4 Milan days), Gilberto Silva(back then), Ze Roberto
ATTK mid: Rivaldo, Kaka, Dinho, Diego,
Stk: Ronaldo, Adraino, Pato, Fabiano, Robino, Denilson.

Only three years from 1999-2009, where there is no Brazilian in the top three of the World Player Award, and Brazilians had won 5 times in that span. Just amazing how Brazil can keep continue to produce great footballers, where every other country works in cycles.
Closed Thread