AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

Old 04-03-2003, 06:09   #46
begodude

Fave Players: van Basten, Maldini, and Baresi
begodude is on a distinguished road
yes... dump you...

thanks goirre for the info.. never know that.. and I was always wondering where papin go after retiring from Milan...
begodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 12:14   #47
Goirre

Fave Players: Paolo Maldini-Franco Baresi-Billy Costacurta
Goirre is on a distinguished road
Bierhoff in a recent interview:

"I'm still a Milan fan. Milan are doing very well in the Champions League and Serie A, despite the latest results. We (Chievo) must be alert on Sunday because they are competitive in all departments, but we are in good form too. The last success over Torino was important for our morale....now we are close to reach the fourth place, a great incentive for us"

"The race for the Scudetto? I don't say it because I joined Milan, but in my opinion they are the team to beat..... we will see a fight between the Rossoneri and Juventus who have a winning attitude. Inter seem to be inferior because they depend on their individual players and Vieri's goals"

Very true my dear Oliver...Inter IS inferior

FORZA MILAN!!!

!!!VIVA EL BOLIVAR CARAJO!!!

Serie A Prediction League 2002/2003 Champion
Serie A Prediction League 2003/2004 Champion
Goirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 03:47   #48
begodude

Fave Players: van Basten, Maldini, and Baresi
begodude is on a distinguished road
Bierhoff's heart is obviously still in Milan...
begodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 18:56   #49
RobyBaggio

Its amazing the amount of great players who have played at ACMILAN. Im not talking about all of them but the ones that actually had a dynasty or became Great AT Milan.

For people who don't know Gianni Rivera was voted a few years ago Italian Footballer of the century... no mean feat with players like Meazza, Piola, Mazzola(both), Faccheti, Baresi, Maldini, Baggio to name a few.

If you are able to see any of the early you will see Rivera was a massive class above the rest of the players. He would be able to make a breakthrough pass from 40 meters and put it on the players feet. Such was his accuaracy in passing and also shooting as well. He was the REAL "pitrunicchio". A lot of players have being comapred to Rivera but none will ever be like him. Like there will never be another Pele or Maradona.
He put Milan on the map really.. it used to be the "Derby of Italy" was between Inter and Juventus. They had been so succesful early on they overshadowed the others. Gianni came and he changed all that. We know the rest is history.

Even when Milan nearly become bankrupt, Rivera did all he could to save Milan.. eventually his time as president was ended and a new one by the name of Berlusconi came but there is no mistake Rivera is Milan. No one has made a BIGGER contribution to Milan both on and off the field. He is the MAIN reason why where here today speaking about Milan.

A TRUE LEGEND.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:21   #50
giannirivera

My dear friends, let me thank Goirre for the nice words he used for my old post on the Great Gianni Rivera. I'd like to revive another great piece of Milan's history: the legendary Swedish trio, well known as Gre-No-Li, that was Milan's pride in the 50s.
Many of you already know about them, but few probably know how strangely (and luckily) they arrived at MIlan.
The first was Gunnar Nordahl, probably the best striker Milan ever had in his history (I would say he had the same prominence as later Marco Van Basten, except that Marco was elegant whereas Nordahl was strong and powerful).
Nordahl was in the hands of Juventus, who had an option on him. So Milan signed the danish striker Johann Ploeger, and Nordahl was set to join Juventus. Ploeger was coming to Milan by train to sign his contract (planes were not very common at the time) when, just before entering Italy, in Lugano (Switzerland), two Juventus managers stepped on the train and convinced him to sign the contract for Juventus. Milan was very disappointed and angry with the Turin rivals, but they had to accept the unpleasant evidence. They then turned on Nordahl, whose option Juventus let expire.
Soon after joining MIlan, Nordahl recommended two friends and countrymen who - he said - would let him score more goals: Nils Liedholm and Gunnar Gren. The three made the history of Milan, and many years later, Liedholm was even the coach who brought the stella of 10th scudetto. Nordahl played for Milan from 1948 to 1956, he won 2 scudettos, scored 210 goals in 257 games (an all-time record!) and was 5 times out of 6 championship the top scorer of Serie A.
Ploeger was a total failure at Juve, and the following year was sent to Novara, then to Turin, and eventually to Udinese, but he never really impressed in his Italian years and nobody actually remembers him.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:24   #51
giannirivera

Quote:
Originally posted by RobyBaggio

He was the REAL "pitrunicchio". A lot of players have being comapred to Rivera but none will ever be like him.
there is no mistake Rivera is Milan. No one has made a BIGGER contribution to Milan both on and off the field. He is the MAIN reason why where here today speaking about Milan.

A TRUE LEGEND.
I entirely agree with you RobyBaggio, except one thing: Rivera was not Pinturicchio, he was much more, he was probably Raffaello or Michelangelo
Old 05-04-2003, 04:31   #52
Inferno

Inferno has disabled reputation
Great page about Rivera
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 11:31   #53
Maldini3

Fave Players: Old Man
Maldini3 is on a distinguished road
MALDINI AND GATTUSO PRIZE-AWARDED

04/11/2003 15:33

MILANELLO - Before starting their afternoon training session with the team-mates, Paolo Maldini and Rino Gattuso have been awarded prizes by Adriano Galliani.
A silver plate for the Rossonero captain who holds the record of Serie A games played at Milan with his 502.
A medal for Rino who has just celebrated his 100th appearance in the domestic league.

MALDINI: 'We can't fail any more'
04/11/2003 15:36

MILANELLO - After being awarded a silver plate for his 502nd appearance with Milan, Paolo Maldini said: 'I know I'm considered a 25-year-old player, but I am my true age. As for the team, we are at a point in which we can't fail any more. We have no regrets, only the remainder of the season will say whether we have done well.'
Adriano Galliani said he was proud of the captain: 'He has beaten Gianni Rivera. 502 games in the Serie A are a record in Milan's history. Within over 103 years nobody has done better than Paolo. Paolo is Milan.'

Miss you dearie ! Miss you MW ! Miss you Durian !
Maldini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 11:07   #54
Jonathan Chan

Fave Players: Redondo,Zambrotta,Nesta, MVB,Savicevic,Romario
Jonathan Chan
thanks all ppl here for posting informations about milan's legend...really thank you

i am still young and only watched milan since the era of holland trio and baresi and co.

so i was long time waiting for knowing more about the likes of rivera and co. these old milan legends...thanks a lot

and only a few minutes ago i discovered that rivera is such amazing and legendary..i love him

by the way, i would like to know a little bit more

can someone give some details about the legends like gren, lieholm, nordahl, c.maldini(how was he as a player?), benetti, schnellinger and schiaffino?

thanks a lot
#8 and #18 coming SOON

Last edited by Jonathan Chan; 02-05-2003 at 11:22.
Jonathan Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 19:12   #55
Goirre

hi Jonathan Chan, take a look at this site:

http://www.planetmilan.com/legends.html

http://www.planetmilan.com/legends2.html

there you will find some information on Milan legends such as Romeo Benetti, Gunnar Gren, Nils Liedholm, Cesare Maldini, Gunnar Nordhal, Juan Alberto Schiaffino, Karl Heinz, Karl Heinz Schnellinger and much more.

Old 02-05-2003, 23:50   #56
Jonathan Chan

Fave Players: Redondo,Zambrotta,Nesta, MVB,Savicevic,Romario
Jonathan Chan
Quote:
Originally posted by Goirre
hi Jonathan Chan, take a look at this site:

http://www.planetmilan.com/legends.html

http://www.planetmilan.com/legends2.html

there you will find some information on Milan legends such as Romeo Benetti, Gunnar Gren, Nils Liedholm, Cesare Maldini, Gunnar Nordhal, Juan Alberto Schiaffino, Karl Heinz, Karl Heinz Schnellinger and much more.
THANKS A LOT
#8 and #18 coming SOON
Jonathan Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2003, 09:53   #57
Goirre

This is the team that 40 years ago won Milan's first CL trophy, against Benfica and in Wembley (England), Cesare Maldini was the captain. 40 years have passed since then and Milan is again in the CL final, again in England, and again with a Maldini as the captain, hopefully we will win...again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	milan_44.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	2300  

Old 23-05-2003, 13:07   #58
CieloEMar

Fave Players: Paolo & Sheva
CieloEMar
WIEN, MAY 23 1990
05/23/2003 12:38

MILAN - The photograph in acmilan.com spalsh page is a tribute to the European Champion Clubs' Cup the Rossoneri won 13 years ago in Wien against Benfica. It was May 23 1990, Frank Rijkaard scored the winner for Milan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	splash6.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	2329  
Old 29-05-2003, 14:50   #59
toblerone

what about leonardo?

I miss Leonardo , even if i sometimes see him on the bench ....
Old 29-05-2003, 15:46   #60
Goirre

Quote:
Originally posted by Goirre
This is the team that 40 years ago won Milan's first CL trophy, against Benfica and in Wembley (England), Cesare Maldini was the captain. 40 years have passed since then and Milan is again in the CL final, again in England, and again with a Maldini as the captain, hopefully we will win...again.
And it happened!

!!!FORZA SAN PAOLO!!!
!!!FORZA MILAN!!!