AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20-11-2009, 11:53   #1516
Revolver

Revolver is on a distinguished road
For Zarate part, don't be ridiculous, you would put one of the best passers in the world football on the bench just to make way for another Pato.

I don't know why I'm even discussing this fantasy football here.

Please stay real on this topic, we have Ronny and Pato on the sides, and NO-ONE is coming there, as the first 11 matters, we have problems at CF position, and in 4-3-3 system you need a real no. 9 in the middle.
Old 20-11-2009, 11:54   #1517
pirlofanusa

Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato, Inzaghi, Nesta, Maldini
pirlofanusa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
Yes I agree, along with Sheva, Gilardino looked like the best striker in the world when he was in Parma.

For the bolded part:

1. Dzeko scored in his first CL match, against Man Utd;
2. Dzeko was second best goalscorer in WC qual. Europe zone (tell me Gila's goalscoring record for NT?);
3. (and most important) Dzeko has BALLS to fight with tough defenders which Gila never had! He also has the right mentality, he fights to the end, so just when you think he has a bad day, he scores in the end, against Werder last season's last game for example, or against Spain in Zenica. For some, he had bad day against Portugal in Lisabon, he was nowhere to be seen, and he almost scored in the end. Gila was never like that. If he's bad in the first half, you can bet he won't score in the second. You can see that even with Fiorentina nowdays: When he scores in first 20 minutes, you can bet he'll go for hat-trick, but when he sees it's not going as he expected he just surrenders and does not have will to try.

Gilla has been great lately, remember that three goals he had late to beat Cyprus? his goal scoring tally is almost identical to Inzaghi in the league while he was at Milan (percentage wise) yes he didnt do anything in the CL, but let's be honest, he was still young and he really wasnt in a position to succeed here. I think he could have been a stud playing next to Pato
Old 20-11-2009, 12:17   #1518
Jay Crisp

Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Revolver Gila has 16 in 39 for Italy. Has been great this season and last season , is a world cup winner and a champions league winner. I think Dzeko is very very good but I also think he is a bit hyped up as the second coming by some people. I watched him alot this season and he is very very good he can only get better. But at the moment as things stand he has alot to do to become one of the worlds best players , he makes poor passing decisions sometimes , takes too much out of the ball sometimes.But I agree he is a more all round player at 23 than Gila at 27. You say Zarate is fantasy football , well I think Dzeko is because our MGT will not spend £30 million on one player so Zarate at about 20 - 25 million euro is more believable than Dzeko at the moment.
Old 20-11-2009, 12:58   #1519
Reza
Administrator

Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post

Where is our "why do I support Inter?" thread?
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21823
Old 20-11-2009, 14:16   #1520
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yes I agree, along with Sheva, Gilardino looked like the best striker in the world when he was in Parma.

For the bolded part:

1. Dzeko scored in his first CL match, against Man Utd;
2. Dzeko was second best goalscorer in WC qual. Europe zone (tell me Gila's goalscoring record for NT?);
3. (and most important) Dzeko has BALLS to fight with tough defenders which Gila never had! He also has the right mentality, he fights to the end, so just when you think he has a bad day, he scores in the end, against Werder last season's last game for example, or against Spain in Zenica. For some, he had bad day against Portugal in Lisabon, he was nowhere to be seen, and he almost scored in the end. Gila was never like that. If he's bad in the first half, you can bet he won't score in the second. You can see that even with Fiorentina nowdays: When he scores in first 20 minutes, you can bet he'll go for hat-trick, but when he sees it's not going as he expected he just surrenders and does not have will to try.

After Gilardino joined Milan, I hated him with all my guts because he was so poor psychologically and wasn't man enough in my opinion for a team like Milan....but now you are making me defend him because your points are incorrect!

1- Dzeko scored in a group stage loss against Man Utd.. Gila scored in the semi-final against Man United... it doesn't mean one player is better than the other.. if you want to judge both players, take their stats in both their Domestic League and European competition... even though Gila was so poor in Europe, his goal record in the league is far more superior than Dzeko.. Gila also played for 3 different clubs in Italy - scoring from all of them

2- Gila's scoring record for Italy is very impressive and he is now on one of their all-time top scorer lists. His record is better than Dzeko's and he plays for the World Champions. Competition to get into Italy's striker list is much higher than Bosnia's, and Gila has his place already cemented for his second World Cup.

3- It doesn't matter whether he is stronger than Gila or not, that's just how each player has different styles. They are both CF's and you measure how good a CF is by his goals, and Gila is far better than Dzeko in that department.

I am not saying Gila is better than Dzeko, actually I know Dzeko is better. However, we don't know for sure that he will perform at Milan and he definitely hasn't proven enough to be worth 30m euro. I am comparing him to Gila because even Gila at 23 was destined for great things but we know how that ended up....we should try to find more guarantees that Dzeko will perform at Milan and so far this season, he hasn't showed us any guarantees.
Old 20-11-2009, 14:30   #1521
pirlofanusa

i dont think 30 mil is the buyout number, i think it is closer to 25 or 20... and if we can put Hunter in that deal it becomes much more manageable
Old 20-11-2009, 15:08   #1522
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
After Gilardino joined Milan, I hated him with all my guts because he was so poor psychologically and wasn't man enough in my opinion for a team like Milan....but now you are making me defend him because your points are incorrect!

1- Dzeko scored in a group stage loss against Man Utd.. Gila scored in the semi-final against Man United... it doesn't mean one player is better than the other.. if you want to judge both players, take their stats in both their Domestic League and European competition... even though Gila was so poor in Europe, his goal record in the league is far more superior than Dzeko.. Gila also played for 3 different clubs in Italy - scoring from all of them

2- Gila's scoring record for Italy is very impressive and he is now on one of their all-time top scorer lists. His record is better than Dzeko's and he plays for the World Champions. Competition to get into Italy's striker list is much higher than Bosnia's, and Gila has his place already cemented for his second World Cup.

3- It doesn't matter whether he is stronger than Gila or not, that's just how each player has different styles. They are both CF's and you measure how good a CF is by his goals, and Gila is far better than Dzeko in that department.

I am not saying Gila is better than Dzeko, actually I know Dzeko is better. However, we don't know for sure that he will perform at Milan and he definitely hasn't proven enough to be worth 30m euro. I am comparing him to Gila because even Gila at 23 was destined for great things but we know how that ended up....we should try to find more guarantees that Dzeko will perform at Milan and so far this season, he hasn't showed us any guarantees.
Great post ...

I won't give my point of view about who is the best between Gila and Dzeko for two reasons:
- I've always defended and supported Gilardino (I know, for some of you, that goes against logic), and I don't know Dzeko enough to say if he could be a good player or not for us (anyway, I feel like I know him thanks to all of you posting about this player)
- why comparing them ? They are two different kinds of players and if Dzeko joins us, they will have played in two different tactics in Milan

Galliani plays again in medias:
- "Pato is an Interista ? It is possible to say so because he played in Internacional Porto Alegre ..."
- "Beckham and Aadiyah will arrive in January. Is our mercato ended ? Absolutely. Gattuso (??) and Huntelaar stay in Milan. Manchester City ? If they are interested, I don't know it."
- He added that he doesn't know what is the price of Dzeko, and when he was asked if Dzeko was one of our objectives for the next summer mercato, he replied that it will depend on Milan, the player and Wolfsburg (what an answer !! ).

It is the 1025810th time in 1 month that Galliani says that only Aadiyah and Beckham will arrive, and by knowing Galliani, we could expect one more player (which doesn't mean we could expect a player we need anyway ...).
Old 20-11-2009, 16:02   #1523
mrki

Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
It is obvious Milan will invest into one new CF in the summer. The question I ask you people is: Who is the player that Milan can realistically buy?

We cannot say Milan needs Zarate ( who I adore and consider simply a genious!! ), becouse Milan does not need a player like Zarate and we all know Milan will play Dinho and Pato next year, as Revolver said.

Leo needs and wants a classic no.9 player. Gattuso already spoke about Dzeko and looks like ( to me ) that Leo also wanted Dzeko and Fabiano was his 2nd choice.

Are there any players that can fufill that role and are gonna be in the market? Van nistelrooy - too old. toni - no thanx. Batistuta - knowing Galliani its possible That 16 year old CF from Anderlacht? Be serious, Milan is Milan, we need players that can play immediately on CF position.

On Adiyiah - he'll be off to African nations cup, and even if he is here, I dont trust he is the man for us. I think it will be another mistake in buying names ( "we have the best U20 player etc." and not real players.

And, is it possible that again we'll not invest anything? Adiyiah is almost nothing, Becks is on loan. Could we, finnally, invest a normal ammount of money in one player? One good FB maybe... that is my hope.
Old 20-11-2009, 16:21   #1524
Revolver

Revolver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post

Ok, let's stop comparing Gila and Dzeko, yes Gila is very good striker but he doesn't have that kind of mentality needed to play for a club like Milan, and that's why he failed here.

For the quoted part, I agree with you, even I don't think that Dzeko is worth 30 mil., in my opinion he's worth 20, but then again is C. Ronaldo worth 94 mil.? Is Ibrahimović worth 46 mil. plus Eto'o? Of course not, but that's the football now-days, a big business. I'm sure of one thing: Wolfsburg will surely sell Dzeko in June and they'll take the best offer, no matter what Dzeko thinks and wants, and I already see some English clubs offering a lot of money, first Manchester Utd. I'm sure that Fergie will offer even more than 30 mil. for him, he gave 30 mil. for rubbish Berbatov, right?

Galliani shouldn't think too much, he will get 15 for Hunter, he should give another 15 and get Dzeko. Not because Dzeko is that good, ok frankly he is , but because it's hard to find good enough CF nowdays who's also not near 30's.
Old 20-11-2009, 16:46   #1525
Rabia15

Rabia15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Wolfsburg isn't a better side than Fiorentina. They play totally different kinds of football I presume but Fiorentina is a bigger club than Wolfsburg.

About Chamakh, my older brother told me once he liked the rumours about this player in Juventus (my brother is a fan of Juventus), but personnally, I don't rate Chamakh as a potential player for us.
If we want another striker who doesn't score goals (anyway he makes good assists), let's buy him, but if we want a real goalscorer, just forget this player.
Wolsburg won the championship last year and they fight for it this year.Fiorentina is bigger club or not,im not discussing it,im saying that Wolsburg plays like big team,Fiorentina not.Parma not.
Old 20-11-2009, 17:04   #1526
Rabia15

Rabia15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ok, let's stop comparing Gila and Dzeko, yes Gila is very good striker but he doesn't have that kind of mentality needed to play for a club like Milan, and that's why he failed here.

For the quoted part, I agree with you, even I don't think that Dzeko is worth 30 mil., in my opinion he's worth 20, but then again is C. Ronaldo worth 94 mil.? Is Ibrahimović worth 46 mil. plus Eto'o? Of course not, but that's the football now-days, a big business. I'm sure of one thing: Wolfsburg will surely sell Dzeko in June and they'll take the best offer, no matter what Dzeko thinks and wants, and I already see some English clubs offering a lot of money, first Manchester Utd. I'm sure that Fergie will offer even more than 30 mil. for him, he gave 30 mil. for rubbish Berbatov, right?

Galliani shouldn't think too much, he will get 15 for Hunter, he should give another 15 and get Dzeko. Not because Dzeko is that good, ok frankly he is , but because it's hard to find good enough CF nowdays who's also not near 30's.
Gila is big star of small teams.

if huntelaar worths 15 m euros,Dzeko is worth at least 20.20-24 m euros are realistic numbers for a striker like Dzeko.

-Lets face with realisties,

-Borriello is not enough.
-inzaghi is not getting younger year by year.
-Paloschi is thin and weak on arial game.if he was 10 cm higher and has great arial game,he already would play at Milan now.
-for 4-3-3 we need a stronger CF,a ball holder,great arial game,can score 20-25 goals a season,can do something alone.
-we need midfielders,our midfielders are finished after 60-65.mins,extra pressure on defence.our biggest need is midfielders,as they say,box to box midfielders,i didnt see much of Mariga,as they call him as box to box,Asamoah ideal player,Sissoko is ideal player for Milan.
-FB problem,Nesta and Silva are organizing the defence well and make the players like Oddo and Zambrotta better than they are.Nesta is great leader and plays them as well.
-we have T.Silva and Nesta,best defenders in the world,Kaladze as a sub,Lets offload Favalli,Bonera and Onyewu,there is no need for paying extra wages,as we need every cent.Astori and Albertazzi can do alot better than them.
-we need a GK problem,if we can sign a world class GK,we should do it.
-we need to increase our offensive power so much,inter doubled our score,
as they scored 29,Mian 14,juventus 25.thats the difference between us and them.we lost so much offensive power,Thats the danger.

but biggest needs are midfielders that can play 2 part of football,then a CF.
after them FB and GK comes.

Gila is good player,no doubt yet its very different playing in Milan and Fiorentina/Parma.Parma and Fiorentina doesnt play for scudetto,4th or 5th place teams.Parma was play for it when Gila played for them.

Let me give another example from my country,Fenerbahce signed Mallorca's Guiza last year,La Liga top scorer without penalty,if im not mistaken,he scored 27 league goals.Last year he scored 11 goals in Turkey Leauge.cuz its different playing in small team like Mallorca and playing for winning Turkish League.another Gilardino example.

Wolsburg plays for winning Bundesliga,plays like big team.Fiorentina and Parma not.Thats the problem.

Last edited by Rabia15; 20-11-2009 at 17:09.
Old 20-11-2009, 18:09   #1527
Rossoneri Fuego

Fave Players: Nesta R80 Beckham Rino
Rossoneri Fuego is on a distinguished road
ok im trying to be as cheap as possible....

we can promote zigoni to the first team and sell huntelaar and buy another 17 18 yr old, paloschi should play ronaldinho's position, i swear i hope his contract expires soon the only reason hes semi good now is because we gave a million chances to make it work and we're play in a 433 just like he did in barcelona, i think gattuso will be gone, truth is fellas we need more spark in midfield pirlo abate flamini etc we need more seedorf and ambro dont count because they just fill in the holes, strasser i hope di gennaro becomes good i wish we could get diogo and hernanes alott of contracts expire in 2011, which is right around the corner only Nesta, Pirlo should get a extension
Old 20-11-2009, 19:44   #1528
slifersd

slifersd is on a distinguished road
Chamakh and Mohammed Dabo are both free agents this year from what I read. Both are talented, young and plays positions that we need players at. Why not swoop both of them up for nothing?
Old 20-11-2009, 21:58   #1529
pirlofanusa

can Chamakh play in Dinho's role?
Old 21-11-2009, 04:06   #1530
mrki

Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabia15 View Post
-we need a GK problem,if we can sign a world class GK,we should do it.
We dont need a GK problem, we have plenty of GK problems even now

Just kidding man, you are right, we need a stabile GK. MArchetti is our best solution as that is an excellent italian GK who unfortunately for him will never be Azzuri no 1 becouse Gigi is probably the best GK ever to walk on Earth. But, Marchetti would be an excellent solution. Every serious team needs stabile no. 1 goal keeper, not 5 GK's!

If Chamakh is free we should sign him. He is not Milan class, but can be a rotation player, can be used in mercato etc. Im all for it.