Kaka1899 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditŪ
What I really wanted to see this season would be something like

--K22------
-------P7--
----R99----
Agreed

San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Kaka1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:10   #47
HO-YOUNG

Fave Players: Kaka, Albertini, Serginho, Maldini, Rivaldo
HO-YOUNG is on a distinguished road
Milan should have baught more young player of similar quality as P7 to blood them into the milan system and systematically phase out the old heads. Get young European centerbacks and south anerican attacking flair and instill Milan discipline in them. I only hope Carlo allow them to express themselves on the pitch and not be a shadow of his belief of how players shoud deport themselves in the milan shirt.
Old 02-10-2007, 16:28   #48
icculus

icculus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anonymous
Just putting it out there...but do you really think this 18 year old is the Messiah of Milan?
Messi took time before he became the player that he is. I can't see this kid coming in and putting this team on his shoulders in his first year!

Having said that I hope he proves me wrong.
We shouldnt expect much from an 18 yr old kid.
i cringe everytime time i hear milan mngtment state " and will have pato come january."

the weight of milan could crumble this kid...
icculus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 21:19   #49
Mehdi

Mehdi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by icculus
We shouldnt expect much from an 18 yr old kid.
i cringe everytime time i hear milan mngtment state " and will have pato come january."

the weight of milan could crumble this kid...
He was carrying his team in Brazil so there is less pressure on him at Milan. He'll be fine and a huge success I'm sure. Have faith.
Mehdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 23:19   #50
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
We do have faith, but he is right. We should not keep saying "our squad is fine, do not worry, we also have Pato coming in January". It is as if that Pato is the solution to our problems. He might indeed be a hit in his first year, but it is wrong to put all the responsibility on his shoulders so early.

Anyway we should now not look too far ahead till January, we need to take it game by game. Our team is in one of its worst forms since Ancelotti took over, so they need our support. Let's hope for a win later tonight.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 23:23   #51
Jeff

Jeff is on a distinguished road
Hitmannq8, I'm not sure if this is the worst period. I guess the worst period is actually the year when Milan won the CL 02-03. Last year during this period it's pretty darn poor, too, and they attributed it to the scandal (though Milan actually won three games in a row at the beginning of the season). Anyway, if we continue to play awful this week, then I have to agree with you that Milan is in a crisis.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 23:38   #52
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
yeh, its not the worst, but its one of the worst. I cant remember a time where Milan couldn't manage to win in 5 games especially against mediocre opposition. Anyway I think we will win against Celtic and put in a real good performance.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:59   #53
icculus

icculus is on a distinguished road
this is a post that i must preface with the " i have only been following soccer for 5 yrs"
so i must compare pato's arrival to other sports:

hockey: a lot of potentially great hockey goalies, have been purchased and utilized at a very young age. these kids, are not used to playing at the same level and lose confidence and either take a lot longer to reach their potential, or simply never make it.

football: College quarterbacks entering the nfl are also thrown to lions frequently. They are all coming from top colleges where they excelled and held the weight of an entire city on their shoulders, played in front of 75000+ fans. But the big league's is something different. Every player is faster, stronger, smarter. How many qb's have come out of college a hero, and never made it, just because they were not groomed properly.

I'm am not stating that pato shouldnt play, or is not going to be an instant success, however, i do believe, he needs to be handled gently. at 18 he needs to be put into situations where his opportunity for success greatly outweigh his chance for failure. And we as fans, should be extremely patient...

my son is 16 and plays with 18yr olds...these BOYS can play soccer, but most of them havent drank a beer, owned a car, or even been with a woman yet? they are still consumed by pop music and video games.
icculus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:05   #54
Mr. Anonymous

Mr. Anonymous is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdi
He was carrying his team in Brazil so there is less pressure on him at Milan. He'll be fine and a huge success I'm sure. Have faith.
I hear what you're saying...but let's say against all odds, Pato flops this coming half year. Management will have to change their tune to what some of us are saying...he's young and we have to be patient.

So instead of saying don't worry Pato is coming and setting him up for a POTENTIALLY huge fall. I wish management would take a more cautious approach when stating that the will be to play this up coming January. Purchase a new striker just in the off chance the kid doesn't perform the way we all know he most probably will in the near future. This way the kid won't feel too much pressure too soon, try too hard, and burn himself out.
Mr. Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 14:03   #55
Mehdi

Mehdi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I hear what you're saying...but let's say against all odds, Pato flops this coming half year. Management will have to change their tune to what some of us are saying...he's young and we have to be patient.

So instead of saying don't worry Pato is coming and setting him up for a POTENTIALLY huge fall. I wish management would take a more cautious approach when stating that the will be to play this up coming January. Purchase a new striker just in the off chance the kid doesn't perform the way we all know he most probably will in the near future. This way the kid won't feel too much pressure too soon, try too hard, and burn himself out.
I'm sure given our current problems a striker will arrive in January. Knowing how cheap Milan have been recently it will be Zampagna!
Mehdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 19:26   #56
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Yuo're right Mr. Anonymous. I remember how SAF used to protect Ryan Giggs when he first caught the public attention when he was only 17 years old. Pato is another diamond in the making, but we must handle him carefully, not trying to burden him with expectation to deliver us from so-called crisis we're having now
Old 10-10-2007, 21:52   #57
Brasileiro

Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Donīt worry, guys...
Pato isnīt a normal 18yo...the kid is used to pressure and for to be the man in a BIG club in Brazil.

Sure, Milan is even more BIG, but the ones asked to be the man in our club are Kaká, Pirlo, Ronaldo, Nesta , Rinno and P.M...

BTW, nice article in Gazzetta Dello Sport(in Italian) about Pato, very nice read
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA.../10/pato.shtml
Brasileiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 01:14   #58
Egoistka

Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Hopefullly Pato will be able to take pressure and play to our high standards. The kid is good, but he might get lost among the stars, such as Kaka, Nesta, Gattuso...
Old 17-10-2007, 17:38   #59
wivstar
BANNED!

Fave Players: Amauri, Simplicio, Del Piero, Totti, Maldini
wivstar is on a distinguished road
Quality, He'll come to Juventus.
wivstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2007, 17:44   #60
inter-1908

Fave Players: Ibrahimovic, Figo, and all the other inter players
inter-1908 is on a distinguished road
he hasnnt even played for milan yet, and your already thinking about him goin to juve!