AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 14-09-2010, 04:31   #46
brk

brk is on a distinguished road
I'm still feeling very nervous that Ronaldinho and Ibra are totally incompatible. Maybe i'm wrong, but I think Robinho is a much better match for Ibra's qualities than R80. He's faster and runs into space more often.

I hope i'm wrong, otherwise it will be a few weeks before we see the Dinho on the bench and sulking and losing motivation...
Old 14-09-2010, 04:51   #47
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Well, my biggest concern about Ronaldinho is the effect of the 2 reinforcements on his motivation. The message sent is strong, it made him understand that AC Milan won't be R80 Milan, that if he plays bad, he will stop playing as there is Robinho who is there and waits for opportunities to start.
I wouldn't have this concern if Ronaldinho had played well against Cesena, but his behaviour in this game was very weird (no motivation, aggressive and "no smile"). I'll wait to see what happens against Auxerre and in the next few games. I hope I'm wrong, for Milan, but also for Ronaldinho himself, as he now has a chance to be called again in NT, so it's the wrong time to become complacent on the pitch and lose his place.

And about our mercato, I'm quite sure our targets will be at least a FB (unless Montelongo becomes good enough to play, but do we have any news about how he plays in training ?), a CM, and if Berlusconi is really back, a star player, probably an attacking star player, especially if Ronaldinho leaves. Unless the star player is the FB (the only real stars for this position are the Brazilians, Dani Alves and Maicon, for Maicon, no way, and for Alves, it's maybe going to be time for him to leave Barcelona, I don't know why but his performances seem less and less impressive there) or the CM (there are several players).

I even think we will get two FB and two CM actually.

Look at the list of our players: Oddo and Jankulovski are sure to leave. Zambrotta will be one year older so even more useless than what he has been since last year. Bonera ? We won't rely on him for the whole season, unless the guy suddenly gets more talent and as a consequence, I don't think Allegri or any other coach would be able to say "Bonera is going to be the starting RB for next season, I want another RB as second choice". Sokratis ? He's our future CD. Litterally, next year, we'll have Antonini on the left, and that's all. So we'll need at least 2 FB if not 3.

The same can be said for our midfield, Gattuso and Ambrosini aren't eternal, as well as Seedorf. They are 3 potential players to replace in the team.

My biggest fear with all that ?
We'll have a totally new Milan or almost, built in 2 years instead of several years (better this way than never), CL will be no more in our DNA as most of our new players will have never won it ... If our coach will again be Allegri (what I hope as that will mean he will have done well this year), he'll have a lot of work and will need to be very solid as a coach.

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members

Last edited by GeoTav; 14-09-2010 at 04:53.
Old 14-09-2010, 05:23   #48
mrki

Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
I'm still feeling very nervous that Ronaldinho and Ibra are totally incompatible. Maybe i'm wrong, but I think Robinho is a much better match for Ibra's qualities than R80. He's faster and runs into space more often.

I hope i'm wrong, otherwise it will be a few weeks before we see the Dinho on the bench and sulking and losing motivation...
I agree. And would also add that its clear how Ibra plays best in 2 CF's formation. A deal that was mentioned: Dinho----> Ganso, is a perfect solution for Milan.

New targets are apparently MExes and Palombo. Im more on for Palombo then Mexes actually. Palombo is an underrated player.
Old 14-09-2010, 06:09   #49
GeoTav

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
I agree. And would also add that its clear how Ibra plays best in 2 CF's formation. A deal that was mentioned: Dinho----> Ganso, is a perfect solution for Milan.

New targets are apparently MExes and Palombo. Im more on for Palombo then Mexes actually. Palombo is an underrated player.
Agree, I'd even add:
- Mexes is a very overrated player ...
- it is reported we would want Palombo to have an alternative to Pirlo, but Palombo, nowadays, would get a starting spot in our team alongside Pirlo and Flamini any day.

(+ he could be used in CL if I'm not wrong, because he only played the preliminary round ... of course, it is available only if the player doesn't play one single game in Europa League, which is unlikely to happen given how important he is for Samp)

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 14-09-2010, 09:58   #50
Revolver

Revolver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Agree, I'd even add:
- Mexes is a very overrated player ...
- it is reported we would want Palombo to have an alternative to Pirlo, but Palombo, nowadays, would get a starting spot in our team alongside Pirlo and Flamini any day.

(+ he could be used in CL if I'm not wrong, because he only played the preliminary round ... of course, it is available only if the player doesn't play one single game in Europa League, which is unlikely to happen given how important he is for Samp)
Palombo is the same as 2 players we already have, Flamini and Ambrosini, only much more creative, but technically equally bad. With him we could play Pirlo higher up and that's it. Which is not bad, because we're adding on new dimension to our team. But the problem is, Palombo is VERY slow player and we need some speed in midfield.

As CL goes, he's out, he played for Samdoria, preliminaries are counting too.

As for Mexes, I don't think he's overrated. Mexes has a temper and he lacks discipline, but on a good day he's absolutely world-class center back. With guiding of good and authoritative coach, he could be great. If Mourinho disciplined Lucio I don't see why Allegri couldn't do the same with Mexes.

I was hoping Sokaris could be the hair of Nesta, against Juventus he was impressive, but it seems he's like new Bonera, sometimes great, sometimes awful.
Old 14-09-2010, 10:57   #51
nefremo

Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post

I was hoping Sokaris could be the hair of Nesta, against Juventus he was impressive, but it seems he's like new Bonera, sometimes great, sometimes awful.
I can see what you are saying, but let's give him a chance (at least a few months/games) before we label him anything. Be it the Nesta replacement, or the Bonera replacement.
I do agree however that in the few times that he's been on the field, he's look very good.....and then very bad. But he only had one official game for us(Cesena), in which I think he was eager to prove a point and to do well. He just didn't look calm at all, leaving the defensive line way too often and trying to win balls that he simply didn't have the chance/positioning to win. He just needs to be calm and the performances will come......if indeed he is good enough.

Agree on Palombo though. He is a good, but a limited player. Nothing spectacular but not bad either. IMO he is best as a DM/CM. Can hold his ground while defending and can pick out some decent passes. Pretty much similar to Ambrosini but perhaps with bit bigger passing range. In other words, like you said, he is nothing that we already don't have in the squad. And if he was a bit younger, then I would take the bait, but at this point I just don't see the point of acquiring this player.

We need to start working on replacing the aging midfield players one by one. Seedorf, Gattuso and then also Ambrosini. Pirlo as well in while, but i feel like he's still got a few more to go. Of course we can't do it all at once and replace them all in a month. But also, I don't feel like replacing them with players like Palombo (29yo good/but not great player) is the way to go either.

As for Mexes, I don't think he is overrated ANYMORE. He used to be, but not any longer because people don't think of him as a top class CB anymore. And in my opinion, I agree with people that think he is not top class. He is a good/solid defender (and then at times atrocious defender), but far away from the top tier of CBs. He has lost his place at Roma as well because of that too. And no, I'm not basing my opinion on the very fact that he doesn't start at Roma, but because way too many times when I've watched him play....I've been left disappointed. However, with the right CB next to him to compliment him, Mexes might be able to be a useful player.

Last edited by nefremo; 14-09-2010 at 11:01.
Old 14-09-2010, 11:25   #52
GeoTav

Quote:
Palombo is the same as 2 players we already have, Flamini and Ambrosini, only much more creative, but technically equally bad. With him we could play Pirlo higher up and that's it. Which is not bad, because we're adding on new dimension to our team. But the problem is, Palombo is VERY slow player and we need some speed in midfield.

As CL goes, he's out, he played for Samdoria, preliminaries are counting too.

As for Mexes, I don't think he's overrated. Mexes has a temper and he lacks discipline, but on a good day he's absolutely world-class center back. With guiding of good and authoritative coach, he could be great. If Mourinho disciplined Lucio I don't see why Allegri couldn't do the same with Mexes.

For that part, as long as he doesn't play in EL, he can be included in our CL list ... Why ?
There is a (new ?) rule allowing teams to use one new player who already was used in the preliminaries of CL, not two, not three, just one.

If I'm not wrong, it's what happened when Real Madrid had to choose between Lassana Diarra and Huntelaar in January of 2 years ago ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
Old 14-09-2010, 11:26   #53
Revolver

Well, I'm sure Mexes would be great beside T. Silva, ONLY if a coach would limit him to go forward vary often. His other problem is he always wants to be acrobatic in his box, which is dangerous, he needs to be more "no-nonsense" player, but that's more psychological and it's more about coach.

About midfield, I think a crucial thing for our season will be how Boateng will fit it. As soon as half of season goes through, Ambrosini and Seedorf will be useful only in every second game, and even then they'll be limited.

If we get good squad player in Boateng, then with Flamini and Pirlo we'd have good midfield. We're working on a deal for Poli and he should replace Pirlo when time comes for it. Anyway, we're already set for two positions, no matter who plays Pirlo/Seedorf and Flamini/Ambro are good for any team, but Boateng is just what we need, strong, quick, energetic and technical box to box midfielder. If he could be a heir of Seedorf great.
Old 14-09-2010, 11:29   #54
Revolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
For that part, as long as he doesn't play in EL, he can be included in our CL list ... Why ?
There is a (new ?) rule allowing teams to use one new player who already was used in the preliminaries of CL, not two, not three, just one.

If I'm not wrong, it's what happened when Real Madrid had to choose between Lassana Diarra and Huntelaar in January of 2 years ago ...
I don't know about new rule, but for Real Madrid, they had 24 players included in the list, so they could add only one. So, if we include 25 players in the list now, we can't add any players in January.

Anyway, I doubt we will reinforce our squad anymore this year. If anyone comes, that would be for next season(s). Probably Poli or some other younger player(s).
Old 14-09-2010, 12:06   #55
Tony75

Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't know about new rule, but for Real Madrid, they had 24 players included in the list, so they could add only one. So, if we include 25 players in the list now, we can't add any players in January.

Anyway, I doubt we will reinforce our squad anymore this year. If anyone comes, that would be for next season(s). Probably Poli or some other younger player(s).
We can add 2 more players if we also remove 2 players.
mardid wanted to add 3 players at the time, tried to break EUFA rules to get them registered too, saying thert read rules differently.
Old 14-09-2010, 14:48   #56
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Geo, you are wrong about you're rule.. you are only allowed to add one player from the Europa League, both Lass and Hunter were bought for Europa League teams thats why they had to pick one. If he plays in Champs League thats it, he's already played in that competition so he's cup-tied.
Old 14-09-2010, 19:01   #57
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Some very good points here...

Mexes: Good, better than Sokratis, Bonera, Yepes, and Onyewu.. but not a choice for Milan. I would prefer a young Italian CB that can be the new Nesta (impossible, but someone that can be very good for years)

Boateng: He was subbed for Pato and played as a Forward almost. I'm not sure that he will be a DM as all of you are assuming. I would prefer Lassana, or maybe some other DM i'm not thinking of yet, but Palombo probably not Milan Quality...

Priority is a CM (replace Pirlo) even if it's not in the same deep position

Ganso, or Jucilei would be good for that. Other option is to get Jucilei/Palombo/Lassana and partner them with Flamini in 2 holding positions then play 4 up top:

----------Ibrahimovic----------
R80/R70------------Pato-------
----------Ganso/Honda----------
-------Flamini---Palombo/Jucilei/Lass

RB is next BIG priority, and I'd say JANUARY. Other option is to go for a Michel Bastos, then move Antonini to the Right...Otherwise a RB is a priority..for that, I can't think of many names. Adriano was one, but he went to Barca. Van der Wiel too expensive...

Lastly, R80 is out next summer in my opinion. I wish he could stay and play great, but I don't see it. I think Robinho is here to replace him, and they decided to have 1 year of all 4. If Ronaldinho is on fire this year and we win Scudetto and do very well (semis or better) in CL, then all 4 will stay, otherwise he's gone...

Ronaldinho always played best with Barca (Eto'o, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta) all running into space for his creative passes and opening up space for him...

Ibra doesn't do that... but Pato does. We'll see how it all comes together next few months...
Old 14-09-2010, 21:00   #58
MilanMikey

Fave Players: Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Pirlo
MilanMikey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
Some very good points here...

Mexes: Good, better than Sokratis, Bonera, Yepes, and Onyewu.. but not a choice for Milan. I would prefer a young Italian CB that can be the new Nesta (impossible, but someone that can be very good for years)

Boateng: He was subbed for Pato and played as a Forward almost. I'm not sure that he will be a DM as all of you are assuming. I would prefer Lassana, or maybe some other DM i'm not thinking of yet, but Palombo probably not Milan Quality...

Priority is a CM (replace Pirlo) even if it's not in the same deep position

Ganso, or Jucilei would be good for that. Other option is to get Jucilei/Palombo/Lassana and partner them with Flamini in 2 holding positions then play 4 up top:

----------Ibrahimovic----------
R80/R70------------Pato-------
----------Ganso/Honda----------
-------Flamini---Palombo/Jucilei/Lass

RB is next BIG priority, and I'd say JANUARY. Other option is to go for a Michel Bastos, then move Antonini to the Right...Otherwise a RB is a priority..for that, I can't think of many names. Adriano was one, but he went to Barca. Van der Wiel too expensive...

Lastly, R80 is out next summer in my opinion. I wish he could stay and play great, but I don't see it. I think Robinho is here to replace him, and they decided to have 1 year of all 4. If Ronaldinho is on fire this year and we win Scudetto and do very well (semis or better) in CL, then all 4 will stay, otherwise he's gone...

Ronaldinho always played best with Barca (Eto'o, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta) all running into space for his creative passes and opening up space for him...

Ibra doesn't do that... but Pato does. We'll see how it all comes together next few months...

i think their is a good posibility that we could get ganso.. when we were linked with him i found an article saying he likes milan over all other clubs but he could move to the likes of real madrid or so on so fourth, this article was during the summer mercato i dont quite remember everything. but regardless i think milan will purchase one player in january. and probably have anohterr great summer mercato.. really we have no choice because many players that used to be our champions are going to be leaving etcetc. i think this year until 2011-2012 season end we are going to be doing some good rebuilding.. id stil pick neymar over any player in the world. if we were to buy him now, by the time hes 23-24 and starting to get some experience too we can build the team around him and put a pure striker like inzaghi type upfront like we used to do with sheva and pippo. i say this because ibra will be pushing 33-34 by that time robinho will be ronnies age.ronaldinho will definitely be out in 4-5 years time or playing small small games if it does so happen he retires at milan.. and ya so neymar would be a good long term replacement . neymar+ganso would be soooo gooddd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B66XRlgjW0U

Last edited by MilanMikey; 14-09-2010 at 21:14.
Old 14-09-2010, 21:56   #59
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMikey View Post
i think their is a good posibility that we could get ganso.. when we were linked with him i found an article saying he likes milan over all other clubs but he could move to the likes of real madrid or so on so fourth, this article was during the summer mercato i dont quite remember everything. but regardless i think milan will purchase one player in january. and probably have anohterr great summer mercato.. really we have no choice because many players that used to be our champions are going to be leaving etcetc. i think this year until 2011-2012 season end we are going to be doing some good rebuilding.. id stil pick neymar over any player in the world. if we were to buy him now, by the time hes 23-24 and starting to get some experience too we can build the team around him and put a pure striker like inzaghi type upfront like we used to do with sheva and pippo. i say this because ibra will be pushing 33-34 by that time robinho will be ronnies age.ronaldinho will definitely be out in 4-5 years time or playing small small games if it does so happen he retires at milan.. and ya so neymar would be a good long term replacement . neymar+ganso would be soooo gooddd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B66XRlgjW0U

And you want to sell Pato?
Old 16-09-2010, 10:34   #60
Arildonardo

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato!
Arildonardo is on a distinguished road
Mexes? I hope not. I've never rated this guy as a top player. He wouldn't make our bench much better.
Closed Thread