AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

Old 17-01-2011, 13:46   #1
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Clarence Seedorf

Clarence Seedorf has served Milan since 2002. He has been a Dynamic Modern Midfielder, tactically knowledgeable, a good passer of the ball, and long range shooter. He's also well known for his outstanding technique. He has won Champions League with 3 Teams. What more is there to say.....

Having said the nice words about Seedorf, I have to say his time is up. As we've said before, you can almost not blame Seedorf and Bonera for playing badly, more Galliani (for not finding suitable replacements), and Allegri (for not putting them on the bench).

Seedorf's fall from Grace has been quite far. He went from one of European's best midfielders, to in my opinion, one of the worst starting CM's in Serie A. He can no longer move, control the ball, make a pass, or shoot. He has not scored this year, has 0 Assists, and loses the ball quite often in the middle of the field trying dribble. He's been booed and jeered in San Siro all too often, and he should not in my opinion start another game, and perhaps not even come in as a Substitute. I feel bad to see a Great Player fall so far, and I'm hoping this season is the last in Rossoneri colors, for his sake and for ours.
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 20:00   #2
Codino

Fave Players: Van Basten, Baggio
Codino is on a distinguished road
We all know this, but put yourself in his shoes. Would you want to give away the best thing thats ever happened to you (playing your favourite sport for an amazing club)?

it must be a hard realisation for many 32+ year olds at the cross roads to say, you know what, im finished.

I hope he stays around the club, first team coach, youth coach... something. Everyone around him has always said he is a fantastic character and a real leader.
Old 17-01-2011, 20:09   #3
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codino View Post
We all know this, but put yourself in his shoes. Would you want to give away the best thing thats ever happened to you (playing your favourite sport for an amazing club)?

it must be a hard realisation for many 32+ year olds at the cross roads to say, you know what, im finished.

I hope he stays around the club, first team coach, youth coach... something. Everyone around him has always said he is a fantastic character and a real leader.
Of course, I play sports, a lot of sports, and I can't fathom the thought of losing my athletic ability, slowing down, and playing tennis, soccer, football, basketball bad. It's an awful feeling. Even more when you're a professional athlete, and a great one at that. However, it's just as sad to see players like Ibra and Pato yelling at him because he looks as if he's 90 years old and can't make a simple pass out there in a game against Lecce....and it's not a one time bad game, it's been a slow progression of awful performances over past 2 years..they're getting worse and worse.....he's actually costing us points by being out there in perhaps the most important position ....

Last edited by Elmago99; 17-01-2011 at 20:11.
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 20:14   #4
Codino

Fave Players: Van Basten, Baggio
Codino is on a distinguished road
i know, it does suck. but i guess we can use Ronaldinho as an example. If they play bad and have no future, the will be gone. In contrast to how we used to operate.

i hope it happens cleanly, and everyone is content...

and we can start winning again
Old 08-02-2011, 09:40   #5
capod2t

Fave Players: Dinho, G. Rossi, Ambro
capod2t is on a distinguished road
I've always liked Seedorf except for one characteristic - he thinks he's a striker and he wants to score goals more than setting up plays. And he's a crybaby when he's taken out of the game.
capod2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:03   #6
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mzk57
When he is in, fans bash to limit When he is out, fans complain about lack of creativity in the team Love or hate, you cannot debate, that Seedorf is always 'IN' among the discussions of ACM fans Something we will remember long after he leaves ...........

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:25   #7
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
On the heyday of our 4-3-1-2 I read somewhere as to why Italy NT couldn't replicate this scheme. The main reason, it was said, is that they don't have a player with Clarence's characteristic. We're calling him name like Stopdorf now, but during those times he was as a willing runner as Rino was and was as creative as Pirlo when it comes to initiate an attack. His regression is inevitable and he's simply not the same player these last two or three years.

One thing about him that I notice though, reading his interviews, he seems to be an intelligent and articulate guy. He reminds me of Zvone on this case. That's why I think he could be a good director someday.