AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

Old 16-01-2011, 17:07   #136
Codino

Fave Players: Van Basten, Baggio
Codino is on a distinguished road
Allegri is fine, stop over reacting. Although January is a VERY important month, peaking later in the year is much important to winning the scudetto and progressing in the champions league. Our top players need to be fresh, rotation is a must in modern football im afraid..
Old 16-01-2011, 19:08   #137
arie mahendra

Fave Players: znovimir Boban & Rui Costa
arie mahendra is on a distinguished road
Don be over reacting, allegri done enough eventhough sometimes we questioning bout decision he was made.

we're still capolista anyway
arie mahendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 21:50   #138
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
I don't want to have to sack Allegri.. I hope we win Scudetto and Champions League...

But his mistakes are that of a sociopath, meaning he makes the same mistakes over and over and over and over.....not a good sign...
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 23:11   #139
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
The sad thing is that Allegri might be glad that he got 1 pt instead of none. And thats probably the diff between a big time manage and a mid club manager.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 02:46   #140
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Allegri was clearly disappointed about the 2 points dropped in his post match conference.

What exactly is it that Allegri has done that has so clearly cost us points? His decision to take off Pato for Cassano made sense as Pato was poor in the match and Seedorf is better at holding possession (important at that point of the match). Our problem was a number of players (key players) badly underperformed in the match.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 03:18   #141
Gabriel489

It is not just this Lecce game. I think thats the problem, holding onto the ball is great but scoring another one is better. Considering Lecce will continue to push for the equalizer, having Pato on the pitch provides an option for long and direct pass due to his speed and one on one skill.
Old 17-01-2011, 04:22   #142
bijon

Fave Players: Seedorf, Cassano, Pirlo, Nesta, Pazzini
bijon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post
I don't want to have to sack Allegri.. I hope we win Scudetto and Champions League...

But his mistakes are that of a sociopath, meaning he makes the same mistakes over and over and over and over.....not a good sign...
you obviously don't know what a sociopath is. People can repeat mistakes for several reasons, mostly its due to ignorance, stupidity or a very poor memory
bijon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2011, 05:26   #143
ACMILAN1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
It is not just this Lecce game. I think thats the problem, holding onto the ball is great but scoring another one is better. Considering Lecce will continue to push for the equalizer, having Pato on the pitch provides an option for long and direct pass due to his speed and one on one skill.
The thing is bringing Cassano onto the field doesn't necessarily diminish our attacking potential in the match, while even before Pato went off we weren't holding the ball and giving away corners and so we needed to consolidate our position as the team winning, which we failed to do and were punished.

I'm not saying leaving Seedorf on was a good choice given how poor he was, but Allegri's decision from a pure tactical perspective was sensible. In hindsight (very easy to say), maybe bringing on Strasser for Seedorf would have helped as we could have had more stability, energy and pressure higher up the pitch, and potentially we could move to 2 lines of 4 defensively to better protect our lead. No doubt though this move would get even more criticism as we would be looking to protect a 1-0 lead against a minnow.
Old 17-01-2011, 06:00   #144
Jay Crisp

Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
Sack Allegri come on....Seedorf clearly isn't up to it a full match I mean.He could play the 20 mins if we were stuck , but not a full 90 .He just cannot do what he want's his play and decision making is too slow , when he try's to do a fast move it always ends with a bad pass.Also Rino is not a 90 minute man he runs so much he's blown up by a half an hour , oddly tho Ambro seems well able to go for 90 mins and I don't mind him he is a bit reckless but thats his style.Boateng in for Rino and whoever for Seedorf or actually Flamini for Rino and Boateng for Seedorf.

His substitutions have got to made earlier even bringing on someone at 80 mins isn't long enough most of the time to have an impact.But there is nothing I can say about Seedorf and Bonera I don't want to sh1t all over them , but they have been bad lately real bad.
Old 17-01-2011, 07:23   #145
Elmago99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijon View Post
you obviously don't know what a sociopath is. People can repeat mistakes for several reasons, mostly its due to ignorance, stupidity or a very poor memory
Actually my definition is correct. I've heard it many times.
Old 17-01-2011, 07:25   #146
Elmago99

http://translate.google.com/translat...u=milannews.it

Juventus are willing to exchange Marco Motta for Daniele Bonera and Massimiliano Allegri said NO because Daniele Bonera can play all positions in defense... LOL...yeah so can my grandma but that doesn't mean she'll do a good job....

I really think this coach is used to Cagliari players, and doesn't realize we're MILAN
Old 17-01-2011, 09:12   #147
Gabriel489

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
The thing is bringing Cassano onto the field doesn't necessarily diminish our attacking potential in the match, while even before Pato went off we weren't holding the ball and giving away corners and so we needed to consolidate our position as the team winning, which we failed to do and were punished.

I'm not saying leaving Seedorf on was a good choice given how poor he was, but Allegri's decision from a pure tactical perspective was sensible. In hindsight (very easy to say), maybe bringing on Strasser for Seedorf would have helped as we could have had more stability, energy and pressure higher up the pitch, and potentially we could move to 2 lines of 4 defensively to better protect our lead. No doubt though this move would get even more criticism as we would be looking to protect a 1-0 lead against a minnow.

Yes and no. As Seedorf seems to even have trouble walking on the pitch yesterday. Pato did not had a good game either but at that moment I would have trust Pato a lot more than Seedorf, as Pato is someone that can increase the lead with one long pass from T. Silva.
Old 17-01-2011, 10:20   #148
ACMILAN1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Yes and no. As Seedorf seems to even have trouble walking on the pitch yesterday. Pato did not had a good game either but at that moment I would have trust Pato a lot more than Seedorf, as Pato is someone that can increase the lead with one long pass from T. Silva.
As I said, leaving Seedorf on was a tactically sensible move, but not necessarily the right one given his performance yesterday
Old 17-01-2011, 10:24   #149
Gabriel489

Thats the problem, tactical over gut instinct. For crying out loud, Allegri should take some risk instead of playing it safe. He did that with Bonera playing as CB and LB, really can't see why he would not play Cassano as ACM from the start. Or play Strasser or Merkel.
Old 17-01-2011, 10:55   #150
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
If Allegri has to change Pato, he can sub him with Cassano but still he should sub also Seedorf either with Robinho or Cassano. If he changed Seedorf with Casano, he could introduce Strasser to sub either Flamini or Gattuso (Flamin came from injury and should be tired in about 70 minute and so was Gattuso due to his age) to compensate the defensive ability Cassano can offer since he is forward (but I doubt Seedorf would significantly give better support defensively than Robinho and similar with offensive quality). Seedorf could control the play and so could Cassano. What we need is how to make the team play better, not worse. Seedorf being there offered nothing except that we play with 11 players.

We were just playing not good enough against club like Lecce (even it is away one) and Allegri still wanted to finish the game with such level of play with only a 1 goal lead from very unexpected goal)?

Having injuries a big blow from Milan but having Nesta, Flamini, Ambrosini and Ibrahimovic back should give a better if not much better performance from previous two games. 5 points from 3 pretty easy games (vs Udinese should tough game but we played in San Siro) are just not enough even considering the injuries/suspension we have. He should be very careful now. He has already loose many points in games that he could win (before vs Lecce, our direct opponents got similar bad result when we got same result but it won't be always the situation that happened just like in the week we played vs Lecce when other direct opponents won their games).

I don't Milan to sack him now but small mistakes could be important influencing factor for Scudetto.