AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

Old 20-01-2011, 19:14   #31
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
I don't like the idea of playing Ibra in this kind of match. However, this guy is our main pillar now, having him mean having more morale which youngsters need.

Nice win, Forza Merkel!!!
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 22:32   #32
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio View Post
I don't like the idea of playing Ibra in this kind of match. However, this guy is our main pillar now, having him mean having more morale which youngsters need.

Nice win, Forza Merkel!!!
Yeah, I too wanted to see Pato start this kind of game to boost his confidence after some criticism in our last league game. But Allegri said that we wanted a positive result after two draws in a row and Ibra's combination with Robinho+Cassano has been more promising of late. Besides earlier this season Ibra said that he wanted to win everything, even Coppa Italia. Perhaps his hunger was one of the reasons why Allegri picked him instead of Pato.
Old 20-01-2011, 22:58   #33
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Perhaps..... Pato is not that good enough people??? Perhaps, Pato has psychological problems and can't seem to be consistent enough?

Credit must be given to players like Robinho who puts 100% out there and is definitely a better player for our starting 11 than Pato (at the moment).

I was very worried when Pato would be back he would walk into the starting eleven without earning it, and that's what happened, and guess what, we did not win in the two games he started. I don't think he offers as much defense as Robinho offers, nor does he offer enough offense as Robinho does (AT THE MOMENT).
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 23:32   #34
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Oh yeah and I had to give some special praise to ODDO, who has been playing very well every single time he came on the field.... he played well defensively and offensive not so bad. I think he should be our player in the big games in the CL (he proved before he is reliable). I don't know whether it's a wise choice with Abate's rise. Abate's speed is a very important weapon, but Oddo's defence and experience are also something we shouldn't underestimate - it can win us games (like Napoli, and Real Madrid last year, and Man Utd when we beat them 3-0).

Not Oddo's best fan, but I thnk he deserves more chances. He seems to be our best fullback at the moment.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 00:17   #35
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
Yeah, I too wanted to see Pato start this kind of game to boost his confidence after some criticism in our last league game. But Allegri said that we wanted a positive result after two draws in a row and Ibra's combination with Robinho+Cassano has been more promising of late. Besides earlier this season Ibra said that he wanted to win everything, even Coppa Italia. Perhaps his hunger was one of the reasons why Allegri picked him instead of Pato.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
Perhaps..... Pato is not that good enough people??? Perhaps, Pato has psychological problems and can't seem to be consistent enough?

Credit must be given to players like Robinho who puts 100% out there and is definitely a better player for our starting 11 than Pato (at the moment).

I was very worried when Pato would be back he would walk into the starting eleven without earning it, and that's what happened, and guess what, we did not win in the two games he started. I don't think he offers as much defense as Robinho offers, nor does he offer enough offense as Robinho does (AT THE MOMENT).

I think that was a test for Cassano in CF role. It is fair between him and Pato.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
Oh yeah and I had to give some special praise to ODDO, who has been playing very well every single time he came on the field.... he played well defensively and offensive not so bad. I think he should be our player in the big games in the CL (he proved before he is reliable). I don't know whether it's a wise choice with Abate's rise. Abate's speed is a very important weapon, but Oddo's defence and experience are also something we shouldn't underestimate - it can win us games (like Napoli, and Real Madrid last year, and Man Utd when we beat them 3-0).

Not Oddo's best fan, but I thnk he deserves more chances. He seems to be our best fullback at the moment.

Oddo was good against Al Ahly & Bari - Coppa, so I think it is still early to believe in him, though he was truely... promising
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 03:07   #36
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
An improved performance over recent weeks with more discipline. That said, we shouldn't ignore our opponents were terrible and lacked any real fight.

I was really impressed with the attacking trio who all worked hard and had great movement. I mentioned it in the mercato thread, but Pato will have to work really hard to stay in the first team (though I'm sure he'll start against Cesena as Cassano has only about 45-60 minutes in his legs).

Robinho particularly impressed with his movement in a position I have regularly questioned him in, although I think it's partly because he and Cassano compliment each other well. I do think he's earned himself a place in the first team for Cesena though.

Finally, Merkel was the star for me. At 18, he showed great maturity in midfield and was a big part of our play. Tactically he was always disciplined and his goal (although it was offside before) was excellent. Also his vision and assist for Robinho was also superb and overall he added a combination of energy and ability to our midfield which we've missed recently. With Pirlo probably likely to miss Cesena yesterday, I think Merkel has a shout to start against Cesena after Flamini's poor return last week.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2011, 03:54   #37
tim_milan

Fave Players: baresi,maldini,nesta and van basten
tim_milan is on a distinguished road
Merkel s the man. I loved the way the kid played. A goal and an assist to Robinho s goal against a Serie A side is proof that he s good enuf. I think he could b our nxt big thing in the midfield if he s developed properly. We dont need to look outside for talent when we have some really good ones coming from the youth team. Him and Strasser should be given more chances in my opinion. Better than Seedorf atleast.

N wow i love tht Ibra-Cassano with Robinho combo. Its just amazing. So many tricks and one twos its just good to watch. Pato is a good player and will always be. He s a little low on confidence right now. And plus he s a striker someone who can complete the job unlike the other 3 mentioned who can create something by themselves.

Our main focus in this January window should be to reinforce our LB position and if we get a midfielder in the form of Lazzari will be a bonus.