AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

Old 18-12-2009, 05:28   #1
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
AC Milan vs Manchester United: 17 Feb

For me, I think this is the most team that is suited for Milan however we must remember than Milan's style has changed since Carlo left so it will be a different game.

I cant wait for this one!

I'm also pissed that Arsenal have got Porto, they never get tough draws, EVER.

Fiorentina x Bayern, I really hope Viola can beat them, we need them to..if Bayern beat Viola then that could be very bad for Italy at the end of the season.

Chelsea x Inter, damn that means another Italian team out. But I do like the idea of Ancelotti returning to play against his nemesis Inter and Mourinho back to Chelsea.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009, 18:13   #2
guestes

Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
If we lose severely in this one, and our frailties are exposed, than I would like to see how Galliani gets Milan MGT out of this one....

But considering the injuries Man Unt. have, it should be an interesting affair!
Old 22-12-2009, 17:32   #3
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
man u lost 3-0 to fulham and milan lost 2-0 to palermo.....unfortunately many people are saying milan are going to easily beat manchester.....problem is, milan hasn't won at the san siro for the past 4 CL games (including arsenal 2 years ago)..and has been quite disappointing in the 2 games against zurich and marseille and they needed to win both.... an important fact is that we play at Old Trafford in the return leg, that's going to be a huge factor... i just hope we don't underestimate them and play to win... in the past decade, milan has lost most (like 90%) of the CL knock-out games where they play the 2nd leg away... I hope Milan become the underdogs come February, thats the only way our players will play their hearts out.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2009, 11:21   #4
Dutchie-Milan

Fave Players: Gattuso,Huntelaar,Nesta and Abbiati
Dutchie-Milan is on a distinguished road
We are underdogs in February,everybody knows that,the thing is we have to remain positive,why are people suprised that the fans are optimistic of beating Manchester in CL?

They fear us,thats for one,they have negative eposides with us.And we have the right to be optimistic,we arent Sevilla or Bordeaux,we are MILAN and we can beat them.

If our first team stays fit and in decent shape,then i dont see why we couldnt knock out Manchester,we have talented players,Pato,Seedorf,Pirlo and especially Ronaldinho can decide a match in one moment of brilliance.

We are built for CL,we have proved that in 2007 and we can prove that now.

So we havent won in a long time at San Siro,big deal?We can draw 0-0 at home and draw 1-1 away and we are still through to the next round....!

Manchester has a better squad then us overall for sure,but thats the good thing,to win CL you dont need depth,you need eleven good players,and we have eleven good players.Manchester will be favourite,but we are good enough to match them.Also,i doubt they will be full strenght against us,they will miss players for sure,they are never injury free...
Dutchie-Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2009, 18:11   #5
guestes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie-Milan View Post
We are underdogs in February,everybody knows that,the thing is we have to remain positive,why are people suprised that the fans are optimistic of beating Manchester in CL?

They fear us,thats for one,they have negative eposides with us.And we have the right to be optimistic,we arent Sevilla or Bordeaux,we are MILAN and we can beat them.

If our first team stays fit and in decent shape,then i dont see why we couldnt knock out Manchester,we have talented players,Pato,Seedorf,Pirlo and especially Ronaldinho can decide a match in one moment of brilliance.

We are built for CL,we have proved that in 2007 and we can prove that now.

So we havent won in a long time at San Siro,big deal?We can draw 0-0 at home and draw 1-1 away and we are still through to the next round....!

Manchester has a better squad then us overall for sure,but thats the good thing,to win CL you dont need depth,you need eleven good players,and we have eleven good players.Manchester will be favourite,but we are good enough to match them.Also,i doubt they will be full strenght against us,they will miss players for sure,they are never injury free...
Great post Dutchie!
Old 26-12-2009, 09:47   #6
TSHI

TSHI is on a distinguished road
We will win vs Man U..no doubt.
with a great R80+Pato
It will be one of last chance to convince Dunga to take them back
TSHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2009, 04:48   #7
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Too far away to comment on anything.
Only hope both teams can stay healthy and if thats the case, those two games will be great games
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 15:07   #8
Warro Bantan

Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
One thing for sure, it will be an interesting game over both legs.

Either side is more than capable of beating the other....and with both teams committed to attacking football (although Sir Alex might set up Man U to play on the counter) it should be end to end stuff.

Can't see Leo winning the tactical battle though, so I think we are out after these two games...which for me is huge, considering that I didn't see us getting out of the group.

Forza Miiiiilan, regardless.
Old 29-12-2009, 08:54   #9
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
One thing for sure, it will be an interesting game over both legs.

Either side is more than capable of beating the other....and with both teams committed to attacking football (although Sir Alex might set up Man U to play on the counter) it should be end to end stuff.

Can't see Leo winning the tactical battle though, so I think we are out after these two games...which for me is huge, considering that I didn't see us getting out of the group.

Forza Miiiiilan, regardless.
Nowadays, when I see you so pessimistic about our chances, that makes me hope we will pass this turn ... the very otptimistic Warro from the last year became so pessimistic !! At the start of the season, you almost thought we would be in the bottom of the table if I'm not wrong, and we're almost at the top (so the contrary happened).

Now you say we will be eliminated by Manchester, let's hope that the contrary happens again !!
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2009, 09:51   #10
Warro Bantan

Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
What can I say Geo Tav? I definitely want us to win, just think that all things being equal, ie both teams have their players fit and able, they have a deeper squad, and a more experienced manager, who knows how to adjust tactics + personnel to achieve victory...these are their advantages, that over 2 legs, I just don't see us being able to overcome...

That said, I do hope we win....just wouldn't bet on it...
Old 29-12-2009, 13:53   #11
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Warro I can't believe that you still have doubts of ACM beating Man Utd Our midfield will eat the skinny Giggs, Kido Fletcher and the Ginger head Scholes and its not even worth mentioning the useless Carrick (18 mil pounds ). Apart from the Humpty Dumpty Rooney and Vidic, I can't see a single world class player in that line up. And we all know that Wayne Rooney is a loser when it comes to the bigger stage and Vidic is not the same of 2006-2008. The way I see it, we will blow them away at the San Siro and the again beat them at Old Trafford. Its a very simple and straight forward match

I am thinking of starting a poll on the next most wanted opponents of ACM in the QFs. Don't forget, aside from Messi, I mean Barca, no team is better than ACM, whether you like it or not.

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "

Last edited by mzk57; 29-12-2009 at 14:01.
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 08:43   #12
Kui

Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
For me, I think this is the most team that is suited for Milan however we must remember than Milan's style has changed since Carlo left so it will be a different game.
I cant wait for this one!
I concur. And though our game has changed, it is so fitting for Royalty to play against each other. Either way this match goes (hopefully ours) it is always an obligated honour for both teams to get the chance to challenge each other.

Quote:
I'm also pissed that Arsenal have got Porto, they never get tough draws, EVER.
Well... the Gunners are squires. Though they did slay our noble heiny a few years ago. Porto are noble but they might get dismounted by the squires.

Quote:
Fiorentina x Bayern, I really hope Viola can beat them, we need them to..if Bayern beat Viola then that could be very bad for Italy at the end of the season.
I noticed the pundits in the west have seemed to 'dis Italian Calcio of late. You and I know better and have always known what Calcio is all about.

Quote:
Chelsea x Inter, damn that means another Italian team out. But I do like the idea of Ancelotti returning to play against his nemesis Inter and Mourinho back to Chelsea.
I would be pleased if Carlo wins one with Chelsea if we dont.
Anyway hitman... I enjoyed this post and your thoughts about this Regal match.

FORZA MILAN!
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 09:17   #13
shegs

Fave Players: Shevchenko, Ronaldo and Bergkamp.
shegs is on a distinguished road
let's face it; we are out of the CL.
shegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2009, 03:48   #14
guestes

I.M.O, it would be much better to play the likes of Antonini or Abate on Valencia.... Having Janko or Zambrotta, even worse, Oddo on this speedy winger could mean serious trouble. I know Abate is far from perfect, but he can tag his man, and has the pace to match.....
Old 31-12-2009, 04:07   #15
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
If both teams are 100% healthy and both managers can field their respective best 11. IT will come down Fergie and Leo's in game decisions. Quite frankly, I do agree with Warro, as the in game decision of Leo is really crap and how he prepares his team for battle is also crap. Just look at all the return leg in the CL. Despite their notable weakness-all attack and no defensive players, Milan did not win in the return leg. Marseille could have beat Milan in Milan if it was not for some poor finishing. Same goes for Zurich.
Thats something that Leo must improve on when it comes to playing in the CL. As you must work on tactics to shut the other team down while playing to your own strength.
Something that Milan is not capable of at the moment.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote