Notices

Old 30-01-2005, 14:40   #46
Franco6

Fave Players: Van Basten Baresi Maldini Gattuso Nesta
Franco6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by almilan
have any of the other players gone in?

I know of Milan's former president Farina that was in the curva in a game of the early 1980's. Other recent players that had a fantastic relationship with the curva where Franco Baresi and Filippo Galli.
Besides that when Inzaghi was in the curva 2 weeks ago he was with Kaladze and Simic.

I forgot to tell you but after Milan- Udinese there was a programme on italian tv where Maldini was a guest, he confessed that he has not a good relationship with the curva sud I could'nt believw it he is the team captian and the supposed 'flag' and never went in the curva, a pity.
Old 31-01-2005, 04:06   #47
Kui

Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
I have a story to tell you about the Ultras during my month long stay in Italy during the 2002/2003 season. My friend and I went to Italy and stayed for a month just to see Milan play. We were able to sit with the Curva Sud during the away derby which Milan won 1-0. And I cannot begin to tell how well the hospitality we recieved was by the the BRN and FdL groups. I actually met a number of these folks at another away game in Parma which we lost 1-0. Maybe it was that they had heard I come all the way from Hawaii for a month to watch them play was the reason we were recieved well. I like to think of it in such that these ultras are really nice people like anyone else with a passion beyond measure for Milan. Besides, I'm certain that I was not the only out of towner being hosted and protected by the ultras. I dont think the japanese speaking couple sitting not to far from me was a member of the Ultras. We did though had the obligation to participate in the Choreography of the curva sud. Being that the derby was away for us the banners and streamers were NOT as intense had it been are home derby. None the less I was more than willing to participate in such an event. I actually was honored doing it. The ultras knew it and I knew it and I could see in the eyes the pride they had knowing it was an honor for me do be there. Prior to coming to Milan, I had always told myself that in life there were a few things that I would like to do. Such as going to the World Cup Final or breaking the sound barrier or swimming with sharks... you guys know what I mean! One of my dreams was to sit and participate with the Curva Sud during a game. I actually accomplished two things that day. Firstly to go to a Derby game... done! AND...sit in the Curva Sud...done! What's there left to do really???
I just wanted to share that with you all because many of us might have some predisposition that the ultras were a bunch of thugs and inhospitable mean group of people.
Now dont get me wrong! Some of these folks could open a can of whoop A$$ at the drop of a feather. But my experience with them in those few precious games with them were unforgettable.

FORZA MILAN!

Last edited by Kui; 31-01-2005 at 04:09.
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 14:29   #48
Giovanni

Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Nice story, Kui.

The welcome has always been nice there, for everyone. And, after all, everyone has gone there as a newcomer once in his life, so as long as you accept their little rules you have a great time there.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:26   #49
Kui

Rule number1
Never be late! Get there early.
How early? Well the party can get started there well before two hours before the match. That might be not gurantee you'll get your seat. Even if you have your ticket with you.
Plus Gio mentioned a little about the away games. Most away games pretty much those attending for Milan will be the Hardcore fans i.e. Ultras. The atmosphere though not compared to at home is nonetheless intense.
And yes if you gonna sit in the Curva Sud, you need to also be a good guest by participating in the cori. If you dont know the words you can learn it lyrics and tunes by checking out FdL's webpage at www.fdl.it
I took the time to learn these chants long before I thought about going to see them play cause I'm weird as sh!t like that.
But serious fans should know this aspect about AC MILAN. The passion of the Ultra's.
Great thread Gio! Change your title from moderator to... i dunno site curator?

FORZA MILAN!
Old 04-02-2005, 12:26   #50
Giovanni

Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kui
Rule number1
Never be late! Get there early.
How early? Well the party can get started there well before two hours before the match. That might be not gurantee you'll get your seat. Even if you have your ticket with you.
Plus Gio mentioned a little about the away games. Most away games pretty much those attending for Milan will be the Hardcore fans i.e. Ultras. The atmosphere though not compared to at home is nonetheless intense.
And yes if you gonna sit in the Curva Sud, you need to also be a good guest by participating in the cori. If you dont know the words you can learn it lyrics and tunes by checking out FdL's webpage at www.fdl.it
I took the time to learn these chants long before I thought about going to see them play cause I'm weird as sh!t like that.
But serious fans should know this aspect about AC MILAN. The passion of the Ultra's.
Great thread Gio! Change your title from moderator to... i dunno site curator?

FORZA MILAN!
I pretty much agree with everything you said, except the fact you NEED to know the songs. Well, let's say that, if you know them, it's a more enjoyable experience, but foreigners aren't supposed to know italian, and btw there are loads of ITALIAN fans who doesn't know the songs as well, and they speak ITALIAN!!! which is obviously much worse.

Before Milan - Barca this year i got to Piazza del Duomo and met some Barca fans, who started to sign their songs.. I was surrounded with non-ultras people come from southern Italy who didn't have a clue of the songs and made me sing Milan songs alone, which is the reason we didn't represent the true passionate Milan Supporters' passion and made a ****ty figure in front of the Barca fans ..obviously i sent the italian Milan fans ****ing off, but when it comes on foreigners they are not supposed to know the songs, nobody will mind if you don't sing.

Cheers

Ps. i totally agree with you Kui, it's one of the most interesting and important aspects of Milan world and it must be known, that's why i've opened this thread.
Unluckily i have no more access to the net if not in few moments and can't translate other Ultras material .
Old 04-02-2005, 12:34   #51
Franco6

About the singing theme its true. It is very rare to hear all the San Siro singing, it happens after goals and final whistle (and not aways).

In the away games there is the problem that since normal fans and ultras are in the same section, in a section of 2000 only 300 may sing. It happend at Palermo last january (my experience, but its always like that). Also non ultras do not know the curva rules, one of them to follow chants and support the team for the whole 90 minutes.
Old 04-02-2005, 15:47   #52
mogomotsi16

Mentalita Ultra

First up i will like to think the originator of this thread for starting up a great
discussion. I've been a member of milanmania for well over 2 years, but have only a handful of posts, it feels great to be back. I travelled to the San Siro in January 2001 for the Derby andata. I still wish I could have seen the second derby of that season the, famous Tennis score one (6-0). The atmosphere was incredible, but throughout the game I kept looking enviously at the Curva Sud. That was were all the noise and excitement was coming from, and on upon leaving the Meazza i vowed to one day return and take up a seat amongst our Ultras. I have long admired this bunch for their dedication and unwavering loyalty to the team. I actually have choreographies as screensavers, and have visited the Fdl website to download and learn chants...my personal favourite..."Rossoneri Siamo Noi. I have been starved of any meaningful litreature on the Ultra movement, and had to settle for Tim Parks account of the season he spent with Hellas Verona's ultras. standing in the Curva is a burning ambition of mine, but i have my reservations. My own ignorance of the Fdl, BRN, Alternativa, Commondos Tigres is to blame for this. I am a person of color, and the ultras have alwyays been protrayed as neo-fascist thugs who would lynch someone like me. I have no idea how true this is so i would appreciate any feedback that may help to allay my fears.

FORZA MILAN!!!!!FORZA GLI ULTRA
Old 04-02-2005, 16:08   #53
mogomotsi16

Mentalita Ultra

First up i will like to think the originator of this thread for starting up a great
discussion. I've been a member of milanmania for well over 2 years, but have only a handful of posts, it feels great to be back. I travelled to the San Siro in January 2001 for the Derby andata. I still wish I could have seen the second derby of that season the, famous Tennis score one (6-0). The atmosphere was incredible, but throughout the game I kept looking enviously at the Curva Sud. That was were all the noise and excitement was coming from, and on upon leaving the Meazza i vowed to one day return and take up a seat amongst our Ultras. I have long admired this bunch for their dedication and unwavering loyalty to the team. I actually have choreographies as screensavers, and have visited the Fdl website to download and learn chants...my personal favourite..."Rossoneri Siamo Noi. I have been starved of any meaningful litreature on the Ultra movement, and had to settle for Tim Parks account of the season he spent with Hellas Verona's ultras. standing in the Curva is a burning ambition of mine, but i have my reservations. My own ignorance of the Fdl, BRN, Alternativa, Commondos Tigres is to blame for this. I am a person of color, and the ultras have alwyays been protrayed as neo-fascist thugs who would lynch someone like me. I have no idea how true this is so i would appreciate any feedback that may help to allay my fears.

FORZA MILAN!!!!!FORZA GLI ULTRA
Old 04-02-2005, 18:49   #54
Darko K

Fave Players: All players who have Milan in their heart!!!
Darko K
first of all, great post Giovanni! I really like ''Mentalita Ultras'' and I know lot about it. I sometimes go with ultras our local team, but only Milan is truly in my heart, and if I could have a chance I would be one of the most consistant fan in Curva Sud!
mogomotsi16, I can tell you that Milan ultras haven't political orientation. I think that Franco6 talked about it. I think that all groups are against fascist, I'm not sure for BRN
Anyway Verona fans are, with Juve's biggest enemys so you get what I mean..

Veronese
sei un figlio di troia
pezzo di merda sei tu
sei gialloblu
sei gialloblu
Darko K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 03:10   #55
Franco6

As regards to politics in curva Milan are neutral they never mention politics (at least at the san Siro). I already wrote what happenned to a banner in during Palermo- Milan.

To say the truth Milan's ultra groups tend to have a political oriention e.g. Fossa left and Brigate are right, however during Milan games all this is forgotten and all groups get united after the team.

I can say that traditionally Milan's supporters are said to be the workers of the city (this goes back before WW 2) while inter's supporters where the elite of the city. Infact this can be shown today cause Fossa have more than double the members of Brigate. I say this because this year I made the membership in both groups and my fossa number is 3870 and brigate is 1869.

There are however ultras in Italy that are known for showing their political orientaion like Lazio, Verona, far right and Livorno far left.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:19   #56
Kui

Hi Mogomotsi. The ultra meo-fascist fans would be the ones particularly in Rome supporting Lazio. Irrudicibile or something like that. As for the Milan ultras I think their origins come from the political left. As far as rascism I can say as a Hawaiian person with brown skin, I was treated with kindness and respect from the ultras. The hardest part is being lucky to get a ticket for that area. Even if you do, there is absolute no gurantee you will be able to sit there. That is why I said come early. Be approachable to these guys and most importantly participate.
Another good site to know lyrics and to hear the melodies of Milan Ultras is at www.tifonet.it
Like Gio said it helps a lot to participate. That way you dont feel alienated or like a dumb@ss.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:15   #57
Franco6

Here is a link to the Fossa dei leoni site where you can find the best coreographies done by the curva sud http://www.fdl.it/

To find them click 'le piu belle coreografie
Old 06-02-2005, 18:35   #58
RedskinComrade

RedskinComrade is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Molto grazie, Giovanni. Great thread and information.

A site I'm working on...
http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/ultrasworld/milan.html

BRN In NYC Last Year For The SuperCoppa
http://www.brigaterossonere.it/NEWS/5.jpg
http://www.brigaterossonere.it/NEWS/7.jpg
http://www.brigaterossonere.it/NEWS/New%20york%202.JPG
RedskinComrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 04:18   #59
Giovanni

The small man with grey/white hair is Il Barone, Curva's most preheminent person, at least for his relationships with the Board.

Franco, meanwhile, if you get some spare time, can translate some Ultras material on FLD/BRN sites.

Personally i sit inside Brigate, in the outer part, but it doesn't depend on a political choice, more because we found room there, and now we go always there.
My MilanCLub chiefs belongs to Brigate Torino but i don't attend with them as we have our own group in home games.

If i get the chance to go to Manchester i will stay with them though. Flying with Brigate would be simply a laugh, a charter packed with Ultras must be something to watch.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:58   #60
Darko K

Fave Players: All players who have Milan in their heart!!!
Darko K
Is he with Brigate now? I know he was one of the founders of Commandos.
Traveling with ultras is always a great experience!
Giovanni & Franco can you tell me something more about Milan's ultras group, which are the biggest, most respected, strongest, political orientation, not including Fossa & Brigate!? I know for Commandos tigre, Alternativa RN, Panthers. Any else? What's about Torcida?

FORZA MILAN
ho visto un grande Milan
ho visto un grande Milan
hei mammà innamorato son !

Last edited by Darko K; 07-02-2005 at 08:05.
Darko K is offline   Reply With Quote