Yes we will qualify for the CL 19 76.00%
No we wont be in the top 4 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-06-2009, 06:10   #1
K77SH C

Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Are we the 6th best team in Italy?

I seriously think we could end up finishing 6th next season.

Inter Milan and Juventus are going to be light years ahead.
Roma had a poor season, but they can be relied to bounce back in Seria A as they often do.
Fiorentina and Napoli have young energetic teams. They are run the way football clubs should be run.

Can we really finish in the top 4 after selling Kaka and not solving all of the goal keeper, defensive, midfield and striker problems we have had. (I genuinely dont believe Galliani will make a signing that will have an impact)

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 06:42   #2
mrki

Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
When Milan's director says we are going for top 3 before the season he needs to get fired next minute. That should never happen in Milan, only opt spot needs to be Milan's objective.

I dont know what Napoli will doo, but if they sign De Ceglie and one more Cf as they want to, they could have a better team then us. But mercato is not over, maybe Galliani actually signs someone for real, not only lies to sell tickets.

NApoli( 3-5-2 ):
----Santacroce-Cannavaro-CB?-
-MAggio-------------De Ceglie--
--------Gargano---Cigarini--------
-----Lavezzi------Hamsik---
---------Quagliarela----

To me this looks great.
Old 28-06-2009, 07:38   #3
Kalstroem6

Kalstroem6 is on a distinguished road
they could sign someone better instead of Quagliarella with that money they paid for him,they signed Zuniga when they had Maggio there,signed Cigarini while they have Gargano as deep playmaker,probably they will sign De Ceglie or Pasqual for LB.Probably Pasqual.they didnt sign a real DM,which was their main needs,Felipe Melo,Gökhan inler typee of midfielder.if i were them,i'd sign Floccari instead of Quagliarella but Genoa signed him before them.Bocchetti of Genoa,Zapata could real deals for CB for them.Parma's Mariga would be nice addition as well.i think they should go for another GK instead of De Sanctis.

GK
Santacroce Cannavaro Bocchetti
Maggio/Zuniga inler Cigarini Hamsik Pasqual
Lavezzi Floccari.
Kalstroem6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 07:48   #4
K77SH C

Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
They have options unlike us. All our players are similarly old and lack movement.

Santacrocce, Hamsik, Lavezzi and Quagliera would all get into our side and improve it.

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 07:50   #5
Fret

Fave Players: Zidane
Fret is on a distinguished road
Referring to the title........
Well, if it makes you feel a little better, we are definitely among the top 6 teams in Serie A

Last edited by Fret; 28-06-2009 at 07:53.
Fret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 19:04   #6
guestes

Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
In domestic form.... Genoa has the potential to be better than us. They are getting players that will really help in their quest for greatness, and have outgunned all teams in Serie A so far in regards to transfers.

Sixth for milan next season is not just a farcry but a true possibility. In recent years, Kaka has been dragging our sorry arses in Serie A, and with him gone.... Galliani needs to get serious and STOP bidding so lowly for players. The sleeping giants in our league are just beginning to wake up, and when they do, they will be putting serious pressure on the orginal top four stragglers such as Milan and Roma. Juve has seen this and already been reinforcing. Same can be said for Inter. What we have done? Acquired players who are not even garuanteed first team spots, and may be loaned out again. Not trying to be harsh, but our current efforts have been laughable.

Already, we have seen Favalli get his contract extended, and our interests moved from Dezko to Adebayor! Get serious Milan, because yes, sixth is very possible.
guestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 20:01   #7
tardissun

tardissun is on a distinguished road
Look at Napoli's transfer season so far this year - brilliant!
Look at Milan's - no comment.

There is no doubt that Juve, Inter, Roma, and Napoli will be ahead of Milan.
It's definitely possible that Fiorentina, Udinese, Palermo, or Lazio could jump ahead.

Currently, I think Milan will be outside of the top 6 as I don't think any top players will be signed.

Milan is in such bad shape.
- Good players either don't want to come or Milan doesn't have the muscle to pull for them. This gets worse with the games Galliani plays in the market and his
ridiculous comments.
- That leaves Milan fighting for other teams old players/backups/Bosmans.

We lost Kaka, and we'll probably sign Ba back on playing contract.
We lost Gourcuff, and we'll probably resign Brocchi.
We lost Maldini, and out best replacement is likely Panucchi.

Is it really a surprise people like Kaka, Pato, Gourcuff, Pirlo, and Gattuso want to leave?

Only the soon to be retiree's or losers who shouldn't be at Milan in the first place, want to stay: Dida, Slowdorf, Kaladze, Kalac, Oddo, Emerson (last year), etc...
tardissun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 22:24   #8
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Well, to perform in League means beating all those mid and lower table teams. I actually think that if Milan is at its current shape, those mid and lower table teams will actually believe they have a chance against Milan and attack Milan instead of defend with 10men. IF thats the case, Milan will beat them, then lose to Inter and Juve for those four games, but still win the League as they beat all those mid table and lower teams. Then Galli will wake up and wet himself...

For real, if the mercato ends today. Milan is in seriously trouble. By Jan, teams will come knocking on the door to buy Pato, Pirlo, Gattuso, Nesta, T. Silva and even Borreillo.

I think that Milan will not finish the top four unless they get kick out of CL real early.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 22:48   #9
rt9

Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
How do you measure where we'll be in the league? If you want to use players, even with Kaka gone, I think our starting 11 is still better than every other team in Italy, barring Inter. We've just got a new coach (inexperienced) who will hopefully introduce a new way of playing----that's going to be the key to where we finish next year. If we click under Leonardo, we can win the league or even the CL. If the team doesn't gel, we can even be under threat of relegation or finish in 10th space (like under Capello II). So we'll just have to wait and see. I though remain optimistic, because what happens in the summer doesn't necessarily translate into results on the pitch. Just ask Real Madrid that!
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 23:48   #10
guestes

Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
If this was any other season, than no, Milan would be safely in the top four. But after seeing the capabilities of teams such as Genoa, the possibility of Milan coming sixth is realistic. These teams know they are on the edge of greatness, and their desire can be seen with their transfer activities. In fact, genoa has probably been the busiest of all Serie A clubs so far....

So it all depends on what milan can do in the transfer market. Believe me, it is better to make serious moves now, or else everyone we want will be picked up. If the team was to stay the same way it is now for next season, sixth would be likely.
guestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009, 04:01   #11
Karim

Fave Players: J.Zanetti, Kaka, Adriano, Recoba, Alex, Ronaldinho
Karim is on a distinguished road
I have to say that Milan will be finishing another season in the top 4, but again there will be intense competition for between you, Juve, Viola and Genoa if they come back as strong as they were last season for the places behind Inter.

Milan will be in a disadvantage though because first of all now you need more players than ever, and you need to replace Kaka, but your club is in debt that you can't budge you budget anymore

FC INTERNAZIONALE MILANO 1908
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009, 06:44   #12
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
The thing is that, if Roma can stay together, I think they will finish top 4.

Genoa, Napoli, and Lazio will make some noise and I think they will be close just like this past season.

Viola and Milan will be fighting it out for the last spot and as long as there is no injury crisis and Milan does not go too far in the CL. Milan will be in the top 4 again.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009, 15:16   #13
devoted_dm

Fave Players: Pirlo, Nesta, Gattuso and Roberto Baggio
devoted_dm is on a distinguished road
Damn, there's a tremendous amount of negativity here. I wouldn't worry about us being 6th in the league, unless Leonardo turns out to be a complete failure as a coach and we have several injury crises during the season.

Fact is, we have plenty of class players. Say what you want about how they performed last season, but have no doubt that this Milan is actually good enough to be title challengers, especially if Luis Fabiano joins us too. Our biggest problem during the last couple of seasons was getting the players to perform. Ancelotti had a lot to do with that. His tactics had gotten stale and predictable, and he never seemed very good at motivating the players.

I think Milan will surprise everyone next season. I don't see how Juve are supposed to be better than us, and to be honest I think we should expect to be on par with Inter.
devoted_dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009, 16:04   #14
Hasan Rossonero

Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim View Post
I have to say that Milan will be finishing another season in the top 4, but again there will be intense competition for between you, Juve, Viola and Genoa if they come back as strong as they were last season for the places behind Inter.

Milan will be in a disadvantage though because first of all now you need more players than ever, and you need to replace Kaka, but your club is in debt that you can't budge you budget anymore
The funny thing is your debt dwarfs ours, but your owner cares to invest. I used to think Berlusconi loved this club, but he doesn't...

Anyway, I am optimistic. If we get Hernanes, Fabiano and a LB, I think we can challenge Inter.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009, 06:54   #15
Rick

Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Rick is on a distinguished road
Considering that Milan just finished tied for second with Juventus despite losing several key players to long-term injury (and others, such as Kaka, suffering through nagging injuries), I think the answer should be obvious as it stands now. Plus there's still plenty of time to add new players to strengthen an already good squad further. So on paper (which, of course, is not where the games are played, but is all we have here) there's no reason Milan shouldn't finish in the top 3.