AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

Old 31-10-2009, 04:28   #1
bijon

Fave Players: Seedorf, Cassano, Pirlo, Nesta, Pazzini
bijon is on a distinguished road
A thread to discuss the incompetance of the Milan management

I wanted to create a thread where we can point out Milan managements poor decion making and general incompetence and what you would have done in a similar situation if you had a say in the matter.

Here's my list of poor decisions made by the AC Milan board\management:

1) buying Ronaldinho (El Gordinho) the most overrated player in the world for 21 million euros and paying him a ridiculous 6.5 million euros per season. We could have got someone like Hamsik for much less, his wages are probably a half or a quarter of what we spend on Gordinho. Napoli bought him for €5.5 million.
2) While I am a big fan of Pippo Inzaghi, I really think its time for him to turn his boots in. I would prefer to spend that 4.5 million Euros he earns per season on someone like Cassano or Zarate, who would be much more effective and contribute more to the team than old pippo.
3) Beckham is not worth his salary. That money could be better spent.
4) Milan is currently the top total fee-payer along with Massimo Moratti’s Inter. With a total gross expenditure of €120 million. FAIL!
5) We spend on average about 3+ million euros per player, I don't see the results.
6) After the experience with Gilla why on earth do they go and buy a similar striker in the form of Huntelaar??
7) Other poor decisions, buying fat Ronaldo, buying Gillardinho, buying Emerson.
Instead of complaining about money, why doesn't the management use their money better.
bijon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 06:06   #2
Buju

Fave Players: Gullit, MVB, Rijkaard, Boban, Rino, Sheva, Kaka
Buju
after what pippo has done for this club the least we can do is honour his contract.

you dont see results? where were you hiding when we were at UCL finals?
Buju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 10:48   #3
Dutchie-Milan

Fave Players: Gattuso,Huntelaar,Nesta and Abbiati
Dutchie-Milan is on a distinguished road
From what i have read Inzaghi's contract will expire this season am i right?

I think that if that is the case,we should give him a contract extension untill he decides to quit,to play like Inzaghi you need to things: You have to be born in offside position(wich he has as only striker in the whole world) and you need to have a lot off grit and stamina,and this he has in overload despite his age.

Inzaghi is a hero,and above all the best poacher in the world.We need him because nobody can do what he can.If you can name me a striker who can do the crazy stuff he can do then i am all for his retirement....but the joke is he is a one of a kind player.

Ronaldinho?Nothing special about him,there a many wingers out there for the grab.Look at Huntelaar,he succeeded everywhere and is known for his goals and is still young and a great poacher,but he cant do what Inzaghi does....
Dutchie-Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:41   #4
bijon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buju View Post
after what pippo has done for this club the least we can do is honour his contract.

you dont see results? where were you hiding when we were at UCL finals?
If we had the money and squad depth, then yes, but that is not the case is it?

UCL finals are over. He can't play week in week out, for his wages we could have two great young forwards on our bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie-Milan View Post
From what i have read Inzaghi's contract will expire this season am i right?

I think that if that is the case,we should give him a contract extension untill he decides to quit,to play like Inzaghi you need to things: You have to be born in offside position(wich he has as only striker in the whole world) and you need to have a lot off grit and stamina,and this he has in overload despite his age.

Inzaghi is a hero,and above all the best poacher in the world.We need him because nobody can do what he can.If you can name me a striker who can do the crazy stuff he can do then i am all for his retirement....but the joke is he is a one of a kind player.

Ronaldinho?Nothing special about him,there a many wingers out there for the grab.Look at Huntelaar,he succeeded everywhere and is known for his goals and is still young and a great poacher,but he cant do what Inzaghi does....
Inzaghi is dead weight. We need someone who can deliver the goods constantly week in week out and complement the team. Yes, he's good at what he does, no doubt, but! does he suit the team. Face it we don't have a midfielder like Kaka that can surge forward and deliver quick through balls and assists for strikers like Inzaghi and Huntelaar. Someone like Inzaghi is suited for playing alongside a support striker like Cassano or Del Piero. Pato is too selfish and does not have an understanding with Inzaghi for Inzaghi to be able to score. The other alternative would be to bench Pato and use Ronaldinho as support striker for Pippo.

Huntelaar only proved himself in the Dutch league, the fact that Pellegrini did not consider him to be part of his future plans should have alerted us. I'm not sure he is suited to Serie A.

Last edited by bijon; 01-11-2009 at 05:47.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:56   #5
bijon

More poor decisions and decision making:
8) buying players based on reputation instead of current form and future prospect. (Ronaldinho, beckhams, Ronaldos etc.)
9) not investing enough and nurturing enough young talent.
10) being cheap in the transfer market and looking for freebies.
11) not allowing the coach to choose the players he wants (buying Huntelaar instead of Fabiano)
12) buying by brand name instead of needed utility.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:32   #6
guestes

Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bijon View Post
I wanted to create a thread where we can point out Milan managements poor decion making and general incompetence and what you would have done in a similar situation if you had a say in the matter.

Here's my list of poor decisions made by the AC Milan board\management:

1) buying Ronaldinho (El Gordinho) the most overrated player in the world for 21 million euros and paying him a ridiculous 6.5 million euros per season. We could have got someone like Hamsik for much less, his wages are probably a half or a quarter of what we spend on Gordinho. Napoli bought him for €5.5 million.
2) While I am a big fan of Pippo Inzaghi, I really think its time for him to turn his boots in. I would prefer to spend that 4.5 million Euros he earns per season on someone like Cassano or Zarate, who would be much more effective and contribute more to the team than old pippo.
3) Beckham is not worth his salary. That money could be better spent.
4) Milan is currently the top total fee-payer along with Massimo Moratti’s Inter. With a total gross expenditure of €120 million. FAIL!
5) We spend on average about 3+ million euros per player, I don't see the results.
6) After the experience with Gilla why on earth do they go and buy a similar striker in the form of Huntelaar??
7) Other poor decisions, buying fat Ronaldo, buying Gillardinho, buying Emerson.
Instead of complaining about money, why doesn't the management use their money better.
Alot of your comments are in "hindsight," meaning, you are criticizing the board's decisions long after they have occured. At the time, buying Gila seemed like a great move, bcs he was a striker in red hot form and reasonably young. Also, Emerson was a highly regarded defensive midfielder, whose form was improving considerably when Milan bought him from Madrid.

Although i must agree with you that the acquisition of Becks was a total commercial ploy that ended up working in our favour on the pitch.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:32   #7
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I think giving out bad contracts to players is at the top of my list.
The other would be the scouting and development of young players.
Marketing of the Milan brand is also a failure as B and G are trying to do that with Dinho and Beck, where that mentality is really in the early 90s. While modern day marketing is about setting up Kids Football academy all around the world, touring to different countries and commercials over the internet.
Lastly, short-sight in team building. Example would be selling Kaka and Gourcuff while keeping Dinho, Pirlo and Seedorf.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:52   #8
edysupriadi

Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pippo, Cantona, Kaka
edysupriadi is on a distinguished road
I would put 'failure to regenerate the team' & 'failure to develop youngsters' on my top of the list...
edysupriadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:53   #9
guestes

Fave Players: Abbiati, Flamini
guestes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Marketing of the Milan brand is also a failure as B and G are trying to do that with Dinho and Beck, where that mentality is really in the early 90s. While modern day marketing is about setting up Kids Football academy all around the world, touring to different countries and commercials over the internet.
Lastly, short-sight in team building. Example would be selling Kaka and Gourcuff while keeping Dinho, Pirlo and Seedorf.
The more I think about it, the more I agree that Obi Mikel and cash was a good deal for Pirlo.....
Old 02-11-2009, 07:17   #10
bijon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
I agree, the marketing approach, with the players and status of the club, they could be making a lot more money with better marketing. Everything is run in an old fashioned style.

They are short sighted in team building, but seeing so many youngsters who at a young age look promising but end up being either average or total failures makes me think its better to target players that are 25\26+, because by this age they have matured as footballers, understand their leagues and opposition better, are more mature tactically and in reading the game, have a better understanding of teammates and are in their prime physically, and want to make a name for themselves. Going for players under 23, especially under 20 is a risk, especially at the ridiculous prices they have on their heads these days.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:32   #11
SANT

Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
aaaaah, some of us still think we can do it better than Galliani, Braida, Gandini and all those guys, huh?

**shakes head**

Ricardo Oliveira was an error... Selling Gourcuff probably too... Missing on Zidane 13 years ago and getting Dugarry... other than that, I don't see much to discuss...

Why aren't you listing all the good decisions too?

Stealing bench players from Inter like Pirlo and Seedorf and bringing them back to life and superstardom, for example... running a team is a little more than buying and selling players.