AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

View Poll Results: Gilardino or Cassano?
Gilardino 29 85.29%
Cassano 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-06-2005, 14:36   #16
Southernsun

Fave Players: Me.
Southernsun is on a distinguished road
gilardino. reminds me of inzaghi, and a little of van basten.
Old 22-06-2005, 21:19   #17
KhRiS

Fave Players: Man with Hand in Pocket feel Cocky all Day
KhRiS is on a distinguished road
Cassano is a Troulemaker even though immensely talented, he will spoil the dressing room mood.
KhRiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2005, 03:40   #18
Rayno_acm

Fave Players: MVB,Sheva,Weah,Kaka',Pirlo
Rayno_acm is on a distinguished road
Do you, guys, remember the summer of 2002?
We were negotiating with Parma for Cannavaro and inter merda with Lazio for Sandro Nesta. And f**ing merda stole Cannavaro from us. And then we signed up Sandro Nesta
What do you think, will it be the same story again?
Old 23-06-2005, 03:59   #19
Rayno_acm

I forgot to say, this time I prefer Gila, no stealing this time please...
It's true, that Cassano is very talanted, but so is Gila too, and Alberto behaves better than Antonio, this is very important for us, cuz in MILAN there will be huge competition for starting place in attack (like always) and Antonio could make some useless problems.
Forza Milaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
Old 23-06-2005, 05:52   #20
albertini_forever

Fave Players: Albertini
albertini_forever
till know gila is better than cassano ... but if we couldn't seal gila transfer ... cassano can be an alternative ....

Old 23-06-2005, 07:19   #21
Hasan Rossonero

Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayno_acm
Do you, guys, remember the summer of 2002?
We were negotiating with Parma for Cannavaro and inter merda with Lazio for Sandro Nesta. And f**ing merda stole Cannavaro from us. And then we signed up Sandro Nesta
What do you think, will it be the same story again?
I don't think Inter will be able to do that. If Gila seriously wants to go there then he must be a big fan of under-achievement.

And plus I think we got the better, younger defender in Nesta.
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2005, 09:20   #22
Rayno_acm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero
I don't think Inter will be able to do that. If Gila seriously wants to go there then he must be a big fan of under-achievement.

And plus I think we got the better, younger defender in Nesta.
Yes, I agree, Nesta is better
But I wanted to ask is there a possibility juve to steal Gila from us, and after that we to sign Antonio...
Old 23-06-2005, 09:55   #23
Henrik

Henrik is on a distinguished road
I like unamious polls Maybe I accidentally disengaged the "Cassano" option when opening the poll
Old 23-06-2005, 10:10   #24
Chris

Fave Players: Paolo, Billy, Sheva, Kaká, Nesta
Chris is on a distinguished road
hehe

i've already voted, prefer Gilardino ofc
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2005, 10:24   #25
albertini_forever

Fave Players: Albertini
albertini_forever
ok i have two news about cassano and gila (of course it's from reputable source)

Quote:
Originally Posted by www2.sbs.com.au
Gilardino faces long wait
PA Sport

Parma's administrator Luca Baraldi expects a long summer of negotiations regarding the transfer of Italian scoring sensation Alberto Gilardino.

The 22-year-old is set to leave the cash-strapped Gialloblu club but the destination is still uncertain, with European giants Chelsea and AC Milan set to battle to acquire his services.

Gilardino, an Italian international, has already expressed his intentions to join Milan but he may end up leaving for the highest bidding club with even the millions of euros of Silvio Berlusconi's Milan possibly not enough to buy him.

"With (AC Milan vice-president Adriano) Galliani we have started to talk," said Baraldi.

"But we will also talk with regards to Gilardino with other clubs."

"I don't think it's a deal that will be resolved in the short term."

"Gilardino is perhaps too expensive for Milan," Galliani said. "We haven't been able to do anything during this morning's meeting. Gilardino's transfer is very expensive."

"We are talking about numbers that have been decided by Parma that are not realistic for any club."
Quote:
Originally Posted by www2.sbs.com.au
Juve can't afford Cassano
SBS

Juventus transfer chief Luciano Moggi has admitted to the Italian giants' interest in Roma attacker, Antonio Cassano before revealing the price on the Azzurri star's head is too expensive.

It is reported that Roma are holding out for STG15million ($A35.1million) for the enigmatic talent - a fee Moggi states is simply too much.

"We don’t have the economical possibility to buy Cassano," Moggi told Tele Lombardia.

"The newspaper stories that we are interested in him are true but there is a small problem – money."

"We need to get used to buying players on free transfers, as we have up to now."

"A club can admire a player at another club without having the necessary means of buying him."
Maybe the good news is Milan wants Gila in other side Juve wants Cassano, so both club didn't want same player. But both club have same proble, MONEY. So if the scenario's like 2002 , i think it's imposible. Gila price is 35 million euro and Cassano price is 35 Million euro too, so if we didn't get Gila then we signed Cassano for 35 Million euro ... that won't happend. Roma is one of the biggest Milan rival in Italy, and they won't let their player go to North Club with less money.
I think the biggest rival is Chelsea, they have money ... and they're looking for a new striker ...
So if we couldn't afford Gila for our new player, i think we couldn't afford Cassano too ..

:
Old 23-06-2005, 17:02   #26
Warro Bantan

Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
While I actually think Cassano is a more talented "all-round" player, I think Gila is better for Milan, as we need a finisher, and that he is...Cassano is still the unfinished product mentally, and until then, he will rank second in a two man race, with Gila finishing by "two lengths clear"..to revert to horserace jargon...
Old 23-06-2005, 17:17   #27
meazza

Fave Players: maldini
meazza is on a distinguished road
the whole thing is a bit like a game of chicken. if real get robinho and chelsea go for someone else parma are screwed, they can't keep gila, they'll lose him for peanuts next summer, and these are the only 3 teams in the market with money to spend and a striker on the shopping list. juve obviously cannot stretch to gila if they can't make the 15m for Cassano.

I frankly am a little worried with our breakdown with Chelsea, selling them Kaladze seemed reasonable (i think 6m would have been a fair compromise, never the 2m they where offering though) and keeping Crespo would have been great. However this seems to have thrown them into the gila race which they might have stayed away from if relationships where good. Wheren't we their main supporters for G14 entry though? they can kiss that goodbye if things continue as they are.
Old 23-06-2005, 17:49   #28
Nadir

Nadir is on a distinguished road
both players are over-rated. they are both way overpriced. they are like the adidas superstar sneakers - they have a brand name and a cult following but damn, they don't go well with ANY combination of clothes cus they are so fugly. yes, THEY ARE UGLY!
and they are overpriced.
Nadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2005, 17:51   #29
Nadir

Nadir is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by meazza
the whole thing is a bit like a game of chicken. if real get robinho and chelsea go for someone else parma are screwed, they can't keep gila, they'll lose him for peanuts next summer, and these are the only 3 teams in the market with money to spend and a striker on the shopping list. juve obviously cannot stretch to gila if they can't make the 15m for Cassano.

I frankly am a little worried with our breakdown with Chelsea, selling them Kaladze seemed reasonable (i think 6m would have been a fair compromise, never the 2m they where offering though) and keeping Crespo would have been great. However this seems to have thrown them into the gila race which they might have stayed away from if relationships where good. Wheren't we their main supporters for G14 entry though? they can kiss that goodbye if things continue as they are.
milan want crespo but not that badly. i am sure they wouldn't cry rivers of tears if crespo went back to chelsea. milan will promptly sign another striker.

but when chelsea come knocking on Milan's door for help down the road.....
Nadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2005, 19:13   #30
Billy_Montreal

Fave Players: The Ministry of Defence: Paolo, Billy, Sandro
Billy_Montreal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadir
milan want crespo but not that badly. i am sure they wouldn't cry rivers of tears if crespo went back to chelsea. milan will promptly sign another striker.

but when chelsea come knocking on Milan's door for help down the road.....
good point. Further more, despite the so-called cordial relationship between the two teams, Chelsea's Russian owner is quite the sh*t disturber declaring how badly he wants our players no matter what the price tag. Frankly, I hope Chelsea and their buy buy mentality end up the way of Inter..though thats impossible..there is only one "PERDENTI".