AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

Old 07-03-2010, 18:57   #1
OCmilano

Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
Milan vs chievo

Ok yalllll. Worthless inter is showing signs of weakness. I love it this is perfect that they are going through the ruff patch. This is the craziest prediction but Catania is going to beat inter.

Now we switch to the real important task at hand, we need to keep winning games. Thats the only thing we as Milan have to worry about. Loving the way the team is playing at the moment, Abbiati is a stud, I just hope we get the rust off the final touch finishes.

Chievo last games are Domestic league form guide
24.01.10 Lazio 1Chievo 1 D
31.01.10Chievo 1Bologna 1 D
07.02.10Genoa 1Chievo 0 L
14.02.10Chievo 0Siena 1 L
21.02.10Atalanta 0Chievo 1 W
28.02.10Chievo 2Cagliari 1 W
07.03.10Bari 1Chievo 0 L

Looks like everything comes in 2's for chievo so im smelling a loss.
I will see all you guys in here starting Wed after we defeat ManU.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:40   #2
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
1st - Inter (59 pts)
2nd - Milan (55 pts)
3rd - Roma (52 pts)
4th - Palermo (46 pts)
5th - Juventus (44 pts)
6th - Sampdoria (43 pts)
7th - Napoli (41 pts)
8th - Cagliari (39 pts)
9th - Genoa (39 pts)
10th - Chievo (35 pts)

12/03/10 - 20:45
Catania - Inter

13/03/10 - 20:45
Napoli - Fiorentina

14/03/10 - 15:00
Juventus - Siena
Udinese - Palermo
Livorno - Roma
Bologna - Sampdoria
Genoa - Cagliari

14/03/10 - 20:45
Milan - Chievo

This W-E, when we'll play, we will know all the other results, which is interesting if Roma and/or Inter drop points, a bit less if both win as that will put more pressure on our team. Anyway, if we want a chance for the Scudetto, we must win these games, especially at home and with all the confidence gained thanks to the win in Old Trafford ...

I just noticed that for Fiorentina, the schedule has been amazing since February, they played against Roma, Sampdoria, Milan, Juventus, now Napoli, then Genoa, and between all these difficult games, twice Bayern ... after such a run (and bad results actually during it, and I didn't count Livorno and Lazio because on paper, it's not difficult games), Fiorentina could be physically destroyed, probably mentally destroyed too and could have nothing to play anymore in Serie A.

Anyway, I think Juventus will draw (they can't win two games in a row ), Palermo will win again, Roma, Sampdoria and Cagliari will do it away. Inter should draw because I think they will be more concentrated on their game against Chelsea. And then, all depends on us, but we will win ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:35   #3
brk

brk is on a distinguished road
I think Inter will crush Catania, so let's not raise our hopes about that too much.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:53   #4
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
A typical Inter would crush a typical Catania, yet both teams have been atypical of late. So we shall see.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:33   #5
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Geo, some more stats please, if you have. Some thing to help us forget the ***kicking we received last night.

.................Abbiatti....................
...Abate...Nesta...Silva...Zambro...
.........Flamini...Pirlo...Ambro.........
.............Seedorf...Ronnie............
.................Huntelaar.................

Surely we can win this one, rite?

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:45   #6
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzk57 View Post
Hey Geo, some more stats please, if you have. Some thing to help us forget the ***kicking we received last night.

.................Abbiatti....................
...Abate...Nesta...Silva...Zambro...
.........Flamini...Pirlo...Ambro.........
.............Seedorf...Ronnie............
.................Huntelaar.................

Surely we can win this one, rite?

I can't be sure about any formation yet.

I hope we have

-------------------Abbiatti-------------------
--Abate----Nesta-----Silva----Antonini--
------Flamini------Pirlo-----Ambrosini-----
-----------------------------Ronaldinho-----
---Pato---------------------------------------
--------------------Hunter-------------------

and crush all the 11 teams.

However, Nesta, Anto, Pato in doubt, Ambro is tired. I hope we regain the spirit fast, but it is hard.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:00   #7
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Well, Chievo got 6 points on the last 5 games, which isn't bad for a team like them, but it's not that good ...
We got 13 points on the last 5 games, which is very good (almost excellent).

We lost two games at home, and it was against Inter and Palermo.
The best team Chievo managed to beat away was Cagliari ...

Pato is out for sure ...
Nesta, we will know tomorrow ... but it looks like he is unlikely to play this W-E (why risking him against Chievo ?).
More news about Antonini tomorrow. It seems it's still the same problem since the home game against MU ...
Bonera will have a medical exam to control him on Saturday.

After his game against MU, I think like Aficio, Ambro needs some rest because it's not possible to play as bad when he has done his best season ever so far ...

So I think in defence, we will have no choice but:
Abate - T.Silva - Kaladze/Favalli/Why not Albertazzi for once ? - Jankulovski/Zambrotta if finally fit

And then, I would use the following:
Gattuso - Pirlo - Flamini
Beckham --------------
------------- Ronaldinho
------- Striker ---------

About Ronaldinho, I think he will have to be replaced during the game if possible.

Then, of course, we won't have to do too much rotation as we'll have 1 week of rest ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members

Last edited by GeoTav; 11-03-2010 at 11:08.
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:40   #8
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
No more Huntelaar... Let him rot on the bench and lose his world cup spot.

Bring in Inzaghi, Beretta, Zigoni, Adiyiah instead. Can't believe we are favouring this piece of shyt ahead of our very own Pippo Inzaghi. We trusted that pus and look how it bited us in the butt.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 13:34   #9
Rossoneri Fuego

Fave Players: Nesta R80 Beckham Rino
Rossoneri Fuego is on a distinguished road
yea klass is trash he should be shipped out adiyah,zigoni, it doesnt hurt to go younger we're not playing somebody like Inter whats the big deal?
Rossoneri Fuego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 13:58   #10
idowu

idowu is on a distinguished road
most of milan fans were always optimistic,and will forget about relevant issue to discuss, is it that leo is afraid of man united and anytime they were to play together he will be confused,come on man lets be serious are we really a contender with the way our strikers were at the championsleague
idowu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 15:15   #11
Aficio

This season:

In CL: Dinho (3), Pato (2), Pippo (2), Borri (1), Hunter (0)
8 goals / 8 matches
Team: 10 goals for, 14 goals against
One match one goal for all strikers together is an OK ratio, but the conceded goals are unacceptable, that why we were out.

Serie A: Pato(12), Dinho(9), Borri(9), Hunter(6), Pippo(1)
37 goals / 27 matches
That means 1,423 goals/match. In fact, it is a very good ratio

Inter: Milito(15), Eto(8), Balo(7), Pandev(3)
33 goals

What would you say? Of course, Inter forwards are not so impressive, they only have one super individual: Milito. Yes, we play with 3 forwards and Inter: 2, but formation is only relative.

Our forwards are not bad, at least in Serie A.

However in overall, we socred 46 times and let the ball in 26 times. Inter: 52 and 22

So the problem lied on the scoring ability of other players. The rest of Milan scored only 9 goals, and Inter: 19. In normal formation, we have 1 more forward and score 4 goals more, but they have 1 other-than-forward player and scored 10 goals more.

Our forwards need to be more productive (and always need), but the real problem is others must score, too. The fifth best scorer of us is Nesta(3) (Silva scored 2 goals). Midfielders: Seedorf(3), Ambrosini(1), the rest: 0.

The midfielders scored only 4 goals in 27 matches (Inter: 12). I don't think we could find any midfields of any top league are worse.

The scoring problem is of midfielders not attackers.

In addtion, we are the second best defense after Inter, but Chievo is the third best (conceded only 27), so it is not easy to score.
Old 11-03-2010, 16:09   #12
Aficio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio View Post
This season:

8 goals / 8 matches
One match one goal for all strikers together is an OK ratio, but the conceded goals are unacceptable, that why we were out.

37 goals / 27 matches

33 goals

What would you say? Of course, Inter forwards are not so impressive, they only have one super individual: Milito. Yes, we play with 3 forwards and Inter: 2, but formation is only relative.

However in overall, we socred 46 times and let the ball in 26 times. Inter: 52 and 22

So the problem lied on the scoring ability of other players. The rest of Milan scored only 9 goals, and Inter: 19. In normal formation, we have 1 more forward and score 4 goals more, but they have 1 other-than-forward player and scored 10 goals more.

Our forwards need to be more productive (and always need), but the real problem is others must score, too. The fifth best scorer of us is Nesta(3) (Silva scored 2 goals). Midfielders: Seedorf(3), Ambrosini(1), the rest: 0.

The midfielders scored only 4 goals in 27 matches (Inter: 12). I don't think we could find any midfields of any top league are worse.

In addtion, we are the second best defense after Inter, but Chievo is the third best (conceded only 27), so it is not easy to score.

Lets do another statistic (to forget CL) of last season:

Serie A 2008/2009
1. Inter scored/conceded/points: 70/32/84
2. Juve scored/conceded/points: 69/37/74
3. Milan scored/conceded/points: 70/35/74

We were without Nesta, and in about 15 matches, we have the CB pair of total age 80: Cap and Favalli. 3 goals conceded more was acceptable. We scored no less than them. Derbies: 1 won, 1 lost. The problem was the unacceptable lost points.

If we count Kaka and Dinho as attackers, then:
Kaka(16), Pato(15), Pippo(13), Dinho(8), Borri(1) were the better force than:
Ibra(25), Balo(8), Adri(3), Crespo(2), Cruz(2), Obina(1), Figo(1)

And not like this season, our midfielders scored more: Ambro(7), Seedorf(6), Beck(2), Pirlo(1). More than 1 goal/ 3 matches is good.

However, we have only 10 scorers, Inter: 16. That means only our first team players scored and almost no defender (only Zam 1 goal).

Summarize:
1. We must not lost points (obiviuosly), at least 9 wins.
2. Midfielders must be hungrier for goals, not just collecting and distributing the ball. Seedorf is our only midfielder who can attack effectively. Ambro tried his best, hope for Flamini, Beck.
3. Cross fingers for Nesta, Antonini, Zambrotta. They can not only defend but attack, too.

We need some players, but here is not the topic to talk.
Old 11-03-2010, 16:50   #13
Revolver

Revolver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio View Post
This season:

8 goals / 8 matches

37 goals / 27 matches

33 goals

Our midfield can't score any goals because they're all in service of our three attackers, as simple as that. How do you think Pirlo can score, how many times did you actually saw him NEAR the box? Same for Gattuso and Flamini. Leonardo must change the way we play, our midfield stays too deep just to defend and we let our three strikers plus (sometimes) side backs and attacking midfielder to do all attacking job. How do you think we can defend when our three attackers ALWAYS stay up? We can defend by limiting our midfielders going forward.

That's bad tactics and because of that tactics Real Madrid exited of CL. They let three attackers plus some service from S. Ramos (totally not useful in attack, by the way) to do all attacking job and others just to defend. Two center midfielders, Guti and Lassana Diarra, hardly crossed the halfway line!

Inter is another story, where (almost) all players attack and all players defend. Both Milito and Eto'o, let alone Snijeder, are doing defensive job and that's why their DM Cambiasso, for example, is often a goalscorer, i.e. because he can afford to go forward.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 18:10   #14
Aficio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
Our midfield can't score any goals because they're all in service of our three attackers, as simple as that. How do you think Pirlo can score, how many times did you actually saw him NEAR the box? Same for Gattuso and Flamini. Leonardo must change the way we play, our midfield stays too deep just to defend and we let our three strikers plus (sometimes) side backs and attacking midfielder to do all attacking job. How do you think we can defend when our three attackers ALWAYS stay up? We can defend by limiting our midfielders going forward.

That's bad tactics and because of that tactics Real Madrid exited of CL. They let three attackers plus some service from S. Ramos (totally not useful in attack, by the way) to do all attacking job and others just to defend. Two center midfielders, Guti and Lassana Diarra, hardly crossed the halfway line!

Inter is another story, where (almost) all players attack and all players defend. Both Milito and Eto'o, let alone Snijeder, are doing defensive job and that's why their DM Cambiasso, for example, is often a goalscorer, i.e. because he can afford to go forward.

I do not demand Pirlo score. He just need to distribute the ball and score FK if he can.

If we have Seedorf, he will be the threat outside penalty area.

Beck can, too, at more right position.

Ambro with full stamina can do both defend and attack job. I think Flamini can, too. They are both box to box, defensive type.

If our midfileder can only pass and defend, then the opponent need only to mark our forwards, easy job to do, especially when they face the static ones like Hunter, Borri, Pippo. Normally, Borri moves a lot, but in OT I couldn't saw him anywhere. Maybe that was Leo's strategy, to keep MU defenders at home. The truth is we have many space at right flank to cross. However, all were not effective against big defenders like Rio & Vidic.

Normally, Dinho and Pato get the ball at AML and AMR position, then pass, cross, dribble. Sometimes, Dinho came deep to get the ball (Fio) and Pato joined the defense (and cost a penalty ^^). However, Hunter is no Pato, he stay high up and Dinho is marked.

Anyway, last match was a catastrophe, analysis could not be detail enough as there are many factors.

I agree with you that Leo need to change his system a bit. Both attackers and midfielders must play more actively.

We can't sign anyone now. So the best we can do is using the mobility of Flamini and attacking skill of Seedorf, crossing fingers for the injuried ones.

4-3-3 is a famous formation. I don't think the 3 midfielders (subs included) of its users can not score more than 4 goals in 27 matches. Barca is to dream of, but...

Last edited by Aficio; 11-03-2010 at 18:13.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:23   #15
Revolver

Revolver is on a distinguished road
Yes, But Barca is playing a little different type of 4-3-3, I was talking about this in Banter thread. In Barca, 9 players defend, i.e. everyone except Messi, only he stays up for a counter. At rare times when they lose the ball near the opponent goal, there's Ibrahimovic or Henry to chase the ball and make a quick foul to get some time for his team to settle. As for attacking, watching Barca you can easily see Iniesta in the box, even Xavi in 5 meters from goal. Yaya Toure is defensive midfielder and he often comes near the box to shoot. We can't play that way because our attackers don't defend, so we must keep our midfield deep.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote