Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Discussions

Notices

Old 23-09-2010, 00:17   #1
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Sack Allegri.......

It's never too early to panic.....

*Starting Seedorf-Gattuso-Ambro-Pirlo in every game...
*Using Boateng as a forward..
*Playing Ronaldinho EVERY GAME...
* Using a 4-3-3 Static System that is NOT working
* Putting Robinho in the game vs Lazio at the 89th minute
* Attempting to sub Inzaghi for Ibra when the problem is CLEARLY YOUR OLD MIDFIELD...then putting Inzaghi back on bench when Ibra scores
* No ability to use a sub or to change a system

GROUNDS FOR TERMINATION OF CONTRACT
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 00:57   #2
bijon

Fave Players: Seedorf, Cassano, Pirlo, Nesta, Pazzini
bijon is on a distinguished road
I am really dissapointed with him
bijon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 01:27   #3
Gio-mania

Fave Players: Kaká, Ringhio, Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi etc
Gio-mania is on a distinguished road
Yeah, he has disappointed me. I know our team isn't top notch, but really I expected an improvement over Leo since Allegri is a real coach. I like to believe that once Flamini is back we will have a midfield that actually runs, and that will solve most of our problems. His poor use of subs really disturbs me though..
Old 23-09-2010, 02:29   #4
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I think we need to give him time, he's in a very tough situation trying to balance this side correctly with some important new players. Personally, my only real disappointment in him yesterday was that he brought on Robinho so late. I would have taken off Dinho earlier for Robinho.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 07:05   #5
Elmago99

Give him time with his 4-3-3 playing Boateng as a Winger and Ronaldinho standing around smiling, and Ibra as lone striker, and those 3 old slow pokes in midfield and this season will be FINISHED for us by October.
Old 23-09-2010, 08:28   #6
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Boateng as a winger is not a bad idea. This man has enough stamina to defend & attack, while there is no good replacement for either Rino, Clarence or Andrea. I don't think Merkel or Strasser are ready now.

Mid is our main problem, but lets look at the defense, our main pillar, Nesta is not himself last year. He is a legend defender like Maldini & Baresi, but at his age, chasing opponent, slow reaction are his weakness. Silva is not a WC yet. Sokratis & Yepes are real subs, no more.

I don't like it, but Allegri needs more time than Leo, IMO.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 08:57   #7
Elmago99

what time???.. 5 games and he's still using a FLAWED system.. 4-3-3 is not good for IBRA.. ROnaldinho stands around and Seedorf is SLOWDORF..

AS is PIRLO...

What time do you need Allegri??? how much time to realize your choices are HORRIBLE
Old 23-09-2010, 10:38   #8
nefremo

Fave Players: All Milan players!
nefremo is on a distinguished road
I've been disappointed too with the way things have been going on. We simply haven't played good football this season yet (apart from Lecce). We seem to be dragging on the field and find it difficult to keep hold of the ball even against sides like Catania. And when we do have the ball, it looks like it's soooo difficult for us to create chances....which really shouldn't be the case with the players we have on the field. But then again, creativity is useless without movement.

The biggest disappointment has been Allegri's failure to change in games where we find difficulty (which at the moment seems to be every game). Against Catania he waited to make his first move until the 85th when he put on Odu. And then put in Gattuso at the 89th minute. Gattuso??? Come one. Then yesterday he waited too long again. Robinho should have came on for Seedorf at the 70th minute together with Flamini. Dorf clearly didn't have the legs anymore and was struggling. We should have converted the formation by pulling Boateng back into the midfield and have Robinho play behind Roni and Ibra. But nothing happened. That whole time while we were obviously losing control of the game after the 65th minute.....nothing happened. Flamini came on, but that didn't make a difference since it was just a straight swap with Gattuso. We were losing control of the game (control we actually never really had but I mean control by leading 1-0) and things had to be a little changed tactically.

Having said all that, I believe that he needs more time. But time or no time...things aren't going to improve without changes. Because something obviously isn't right within our squad, our set up, and our game play. Leo last year started with a 4-3-1-2 and it was a disaster after a few games. So he changed to the 4-3-3 and it worked. I think Allegri needs to do the same thing and change this set up. Perhaps not so much the numbers (4-3-3/4-3-1-2/4-2-3-1..etc), but the mentality and game play with which we play the games. We NEED to start playing a higher defensive line and the midfield has to start applying pressure higher up the field. This 4-3-3 (with these players in it) is not made to absorb pressure. We can't drop deep in our half after we lose the ball. That was a problem last year and is a problem this year until now.

Let's see what happens. I'm NOT for sacking Allegri as I think that this might bring even bigger problems. He's had trouble with injuries and hasn't had a lot of time to work on problems since the season started because of international breaks and games so close together. But things need to improve and it needs to happen fast. It's still early, but I don't want us to be 10 points behind inter in November. We are already at half that margin and are playing like sh!t.
Old 23-09-2010, 12:14   #9
brk

brk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post

* Attempting to sub Inzaghi for Ibra when the problem is CLEARLY YOUR OLD MIDFIELD...then putting Inzaghi back on bench when Ibra scores

Oh for gods sake... Grow up, will you? We're a few games into the season. Ever heard of a learning curve? People make mistakes. If he keeps on making them and not learning, then I'll be the first to complain. But give him time to find the right formula before you ***** and whine that we're not conquering every adversary all the time. It's a new team and a new coach. Let's give them room to grow without unnecessary pressure.
Old 23-09-2010, 12:57   #10
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I believe Allegri will take a while to get the team set up because from what I see he's not just trying to change the team to get immediate results (as Leo did last year), but rather changing the ethics of the team to meet his system.

After Cesena he clearly said he wanted the team to work for each other, and despite our recent failings this is improving (very slowly), as was evident in the second half of yesterday's match. The fact is it's extremely difficult to do what he's trying and it's something that can only be done through frequent training on systems. He's not had a lot of time to do this due to our hectic schedule, so we need patience as this takes a lot of time. The same thing happened with Sacchi who had a terrible start at Milan.

Ibra is a good example as yesterday he did well as he moved and worked for the team, something that he isn't known for, nor is it something we've seen from him since joining. Our problems are players like Dinho who are individualists and just don't seem to be prepared to adapt. Seedorf too I feel is a player who needs to do more for the team, as he's often just staying deep alongside Pirlo and offering no support for the forward line. With these problems, it's difficult to play a good pressing system, which is vital in the modern game.

It's not about changing the formation to get results, as we will still suffer right now. It's a need to change how players work and move for the system, rather than relying on individual qualities.

If there is one criticism with Allegri then it's what nefremo said about his subs. He makes subs very late and personally I think he could improve in this area. However, I do think his ideas for the team are correct and therefore we musn't be hasty in making decisions right now.

Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 23-09-2010 at 13:00.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 13:06   #11
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmago99 View Post

I strongly disagree with your idea, but i appreciate your enthusiasm & energy levels

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 17:18   #12
M.O.I.

Fave Players: nesta,paolo,kaka,sheva(not $heva) and me..
M.O.I. has disabled reputation
what is this thread man??honestly..its been 4 rounds dude!what should Del Neri or Ranieri do??even Benitez at the start..come on..

things will get better as soon as flamini is back..
boateng instead of seedorf, pato in and binho fitter..this team is worthy a chance guys(and everyone can remember that i ve been rarely optimistic in here)..

a new coach would complicate things right now..lets give him some time,at least a minimum people..

"2+2=5"

Last edited by M.O.I.; 23-09-2010 at 17:21.
M.O.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2010, 19:12   #13
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF,
WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF,
Old 24-09-2010, 01:09   #14
Pietro

Fave Players: Pato, Pirlo, Gattuso, Nesta, Flamini
Pietro
Tad early??

Ive been reading with much disappointment about people wanting to sack Allegri. It has been four games poeple!

We also need to take into account two things - Robinho (who isnt fit) and Ibra signed on or close to the last days in the market, they will need time to settle and see how Milan play.

Secondly, everyone keps talking about drop Ronaldinho and play 4-3-1-2, which im all for, but you know who isnt, Berlusconi would be one....Ronaldinho plays whether we like it or not. I dont think we should be blaming Allegri...Milan can come out and say Allegri has the final say etc etc but we all know that Ronaldinho will play if he is fit (in berlusconi's eyes).

I have great faith in Allegri, he has been hampered by Flamini being injured as well as Robinho not being fully fit when he joined. A midfield Of Boateng (who has been great so far), Flamini and Pirlo and i think our team could change dramtically. A good right back wouldnt go astray either.

Keep the faith people!

We'll all be celabrating in May!
Old 24-09-2010, 02:12   #15
Lebanese

Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
Let the guy build his team and work, I totally disagree with axing a coach in the first year, and a good hint for every one: we can only improve