AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16-05-2010, 09:47   #5386
bijon

Fave Players: Seedorf, Cassano, Pirlo, Nesta, Pazzini
bijon is on a distinguished road
Marcelo would be usefull as a Left Wing Midfielder. Currently, Pato is the only player we have that can run at opposition players and take them on, if we get Marcelo, we have another player on the left wing who can do the damage. We don't have a player like him, he can give us options like Sergino did.

btw, Ramos is a crappy defender, as a RB he is ok, but not the intelligent type. I lost respect for Maldini when he kept reiterating that Ramos was his ideal successor, couldn't Maldini see how bad Ramos is at defending?
Old 16-05-2010, 10:02   #5387
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
I would take Ramos over Marcelo simply b/c I think Ramos is a better player. Most of my reasons were mentioned by Geo, but I would like to add that Ramos is a much better defender for Spain than at Real, really don't know why.
Probably because he has real defenders who are not from Real with him ...

Puyol is a leader for the defence, Pique is solid, so Ramos has no pressure and can go forward in this well organized Spanish team. When he has to defend, thanks to Puyol, he knows what to do.

In the defence of Real Madrid, there is no leader, so Ramos does what he thinks is the right thing to do, and it generally gives some mistakes.

In Milan, I think a guy like Ramos would become amazing because Nesta would be here as the leader, Thiago Silva is quite solid, even Antonini is good at defending (not exceptionnal, but good). Just my thought, we will probably never know because I think Ramos will stay in Real Madrid forever, and if he leaves, I don't think his price will be worth buying him (probably too expensive).

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
Old 16-05-2010, 10:04   #5388
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Inter is one more title to go to get the treple
Old 16-05-2010, 10:34   #5389
Brasileiro

Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Why ? Here are my reasons ...
PS: Actually, when you read my post, I want Ramos for the same reasons why Brasiliero wants Marcelo, but you can add the experience of very high level for Ramos and the fact that a RB is more needed than a LB in our team nowadays (it's my opinion).
Now, thats a real post!! I just edited because of space.
Only if all the posts were like this, without empty prejudice...
Now, fawning aside I just want to add that Marcelo also showed better football(tactically) in Brazil NT(like Ramos), and to say I know Ramos is young and can improve. Just a few adds...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
why do young players even bother go to RM? It's NO place to grow as a player....
I can talk for the Brazilians, my friend.

Real Madrid besides to be a big club, still has that aura about them. Plus, mostly of these kids(Brazilians) came from poverty and are used "to not think" about nothing but football.

They give(and do) everything a agent orders. To give a better perspective, lets exemplify it better. In Brazil the training session is different. Since we don't have a real(full) pre-season, teams during the course of the year have two training session a day(in Europe, one). So, and I'm not joking, several players don't even know how to go to a bank and pay a bill... Seriously. They know nothing about the real world. They aren't used to take decisions their whole life, and since few cares about improving at it, they are easily leaded. It's a common theme in all interviews by former players here, how they look back now and see how naive they were.

That said, for a Brazilian player(mostly the young ones) go to Spain is a wrong move. If you play bad, you're a party lover, period. They put it on newspaper, without any real prove or confirmation, for God sake! They don't even care if it's true. Ronaldinho is clearly a party lover, but the press(and brainless fans) also labeled Deco just because he was Brazilian. Pure prejudice...

Also, if they can't talk about it(like with Kaká), they say the player only think about Brazil NT. Since 1988, when I started to read and follow more international football, is the same thing coming from there. I just hope Ganso, Neymar or other take better decisions. I'm tired of to see amazing young talents being burned there...
Old 16-05-2010, 10:59   #5390
Brasileiro

Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
I remember seeing Marcelo at the Olimpics for Brasil, combining with Dinho ( just when Dinho signed for Milan ). He played like he came from hell, making fools out of everyone all turnament long.

A balanced RB and MArcelo on the LB can do great things, yes. BUT with strong RB and strong CB pairing, in my oppinion.

As Brasiliero said, and I always forget it, Marcelo is 22! 2 years in an italian club with serious defence sistem trainings can make him play the way he can. Of course Real Madrid is a firm for commercials, not football... To destroy Kaka' and Benzema in one year is not easy thing.
Yep, I watch him since under-17 Brazil NT, and the guy got worse playing for Real Madrid(positional wise).
When Cicinho was amazing here in Brazil, I said to you guys that he had no chance to become a complete fullback. Marcelo on the other hand, just need the guidance and good environment, as he showed at Brazil NT...

Quote:
Anyway, Dinho say he doesnt know if he'll stay in Milan. Back to 4-3-1-2(??), woho!!

Serginho - saw him live in the San Siro - spectacular player! Closest FB to him was Robert Jarni that I saw playing for Croatia live, maybe someone remembers him ( Betis, Real Madrid, Juventus ). When Sergio played LB for us, Stam played on the RB, that is the balance we need.
I remember Jarni!! I won a online tournament of FIFA(EA sports) playing with Juventus severals years ago, and he(it's ratings) helped me a lot Yep, I know it's a little silly, but I'm real good at sports games.
Quote:
EDIT:
Thanx Dida and thanx Favalli ( for your wisdom if nothing more! ). Lets hope I will laso be saying thanx to Kaladze, Oddo, Marek and some more players.
Man, yesterday farewells were beautiful. How the same guys(Curva) could make such a bad thing as they did with Maldini?? Strange...
Old 16-05-2010, 15:42   #5391
Jay Crisp

Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
why are we talking about Marcelo does anyone think he will come ? really please anyone ? am i missing something.

Leo gone who will come in , will any signings arrive Leo left im guessing because about 2 months ago it was reported he wanted 5 things and was told he couldnt have one of them , he wanted , well we know what he wanted and none of it will happen.
He wasn't looking for Torres , Fabregas , Evra , Robben or anything but whatever he had in mind he was told no.
Old 16-05-2010, 16:49   #5392
Reza
Administrator

Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Jay, at this point Marcelo like all others are possible but not likely

I am closing this thread, the discussion continues in the "Summer Mercato 2010" thread
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26596