AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

Old 13-10-2010, 00:04   #16
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Never say never, as JM really want to kick Kaka out of Real. Kind of like Barcelona wanted Ibra out.

Kaka might not be the player he was at 2007 but he is only 27 or 28, and I am sure he can be at least 80% of his 2007 form. That is still a lot better than any midfielders in Milan, any mids in Serie A beside Sneijder (Pastore and Hamsik are good but a bit inconsistent), and about 95% mid in the world.

The problem I see is that he needs to be the focus of the them while the current Milan is relying on Ibra and a two head monster of Ibra and Kaka won't work.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 00:31   #17
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
I think you really overrated Kaka with saying 80% of his performance 2007 a lot better than any midfielders in Milan (I will choose 100% Pirlo any minute), Serie A midfielders (beside Sneider) and about 95% mids in the world (the last two parts are unbelievable statements) . Kaka was great in 2007 but only 80% of his performance at that time means nothing, he will be only a player that is a bit better than an average decent player (only having 80% of his 2007 speed, power, strength, skill and ability of dribbling, passing, shooting, etc).

Kaka was not yet like super 'monster' at that time who could destroy any club single handedly, he was only very good at the time, making winning goals and great performances. He didn't make ton of goals in every game he played at that time.

Last edited by Siregar; 13-10-2010 at 00:36.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 12:05   #18
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Vs. Chievo

-------------------------Pato--------------------------
----------------Robinho-------------------------------
----------------------Ronaldinho----------------------
------------Flamini---Seedorf---Boateng-------------
Antonini-----Sokratis----Nesta-----Abate------------
----------------------Amelia----------------------------

Vs. Real Madrid

-------------------Ibrahimovic----Pato---------------------
-------------------------Ronaldinho------------------------
----------------Gattuso---Pirlo---Boateng-----------------
--------Antonini----T. Silva----Nesta-----Zambrotta--------
---------------------------Abbiati----------------------------
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 12:06   #19
Elmago99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
I think you really overrated Kaka with saying 80% of his performance 2007 a lot better than any midfielders in Milan (I will choose 100% Pirlo any minute), Serie A midfielders (beside Sneider) and about 95% mids in the world (the last two parts are unbelievable statements) . Kaka was great in 2007 but only 80% of his performance at that time means nothing, he will be only a player that is a bit better than an average decent player (only having 80% of his 2007 speed, power, strength, skill and ability of dribbling, passing, shooting, etc).

Kaka was not yet like super 'monster' at that time who could destroy any club single handedly, he was only very good at the time, making winning goals and great performances. He didn't make ton of goals in every game he played at that time.
I agree with you.... 80% means Nothing to me.. I want someone at 100%
Old 14-10-2010, 05:42   #20
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
I don't know why there is a discussion about Kaka' here ...

So, Real Madrid has Kaka' and Ozil out, Sergio Ramos could be out too.
For once, it looks like we have the full squad (except Ambrosini) ... I hope we won't get any injury this W-E.

I don't know why, but I feel more confident than last year about this game.
A draw will be enough for me, as long as we kick their a$$es at San Siro then !!

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2010, 17:35   #21
GeoTav

Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
So, Real Madrid has Kaka' and Ozil out, Sergio Ramos could be out too.
They can add Pedro Leon to the list of the injured players ...

Serie A Fantasy League
The topic on MM
The avatar to use by MM members
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 02:04   #22
regin

Fave Players: anybody in red-black
regin is on a distinguished road
Silva will be missed....But i think ozil will play for them..
Old 17-10-2010, 03:49   #23
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I'm guessing Ozil is fit given he played yesterday. He is also one player we must be really careful of. Without a doubt I'm sure Mourinho will tell him to press Pirlo, but also he's really clever with his movement. If we can stop him though, much of the flow of Real's game will be lost, and will make our defence's life easier trying to handle Ronaldo and Higuain.

The other thing I noticed is Real attack with 5-6 players at a time. This will make them somewhat vulnerable on the counter, but we must defend in numbers to make sure we aren't overwhelmed.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 10:43   #24
LebRN

Fave Players: Nesta, Pato, Thiago Silva, Flamini
LebRN is on a distinguished road
Apparently the team to Madrid is already called up:

"Ecco i 22 convocati di mister Massimiliano Allegri che domani mattina partiranno alla volta di Madrid. Tra di loro, e questa potrebbe essere una buona notizia, c'è Thiago Silva:

Abbiati, Amelia, Roma; Antonini, Bonera, Nesta, Papastathopoulos, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta, Yepes; Abate, Boateng, Flamini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Strasser, Ibrahimovic, Inzaghi, Pato, Robinho, Ronaldinho.

Giocatori indisponibili: Ambrosini, Jankulovski.
Non convocato: Oddo."

I'm guessing Thiago is in there just in case he could make it, but the way he got out against Chievo did not look good....still I'm hopeful.

Last edited by LebRN; 17-10-2010 at 10:45. Reason: Oh and Abbiati said that he felt the same pain again against Chievo
LebRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 13:43   #25
MilanMikey

Fave Players: Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Pirlo
MilanMikey is on a distinguished road
id start robinho insted of r80 for this game..
MilanMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 15:38   #26
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Yes, we must hit them with speed on the counter, so bringing up the ball from def to mid to attack must be quick (Pirlo and Seedorf need to pick up pace in distribution).. Silva's passing from defence to attack, and speed of bringing the ball up will sure be a missed asset.

Long balls to Pato to speed to can be wise with Prince running into the box and Pato assisting. Ibra holding up the ball will be vital and is it will peg Real further. We must keep as much posession as we can and I think we will.

People think their best players are Higuain, Di Maria, Ronaldo...however I've seen a few games and it seems that Ozil is the one pulling all the strings doing the hard work. IMO, we take Ozil out the game, we get the possession. Their defence is really not that great either so I expect at least a goal from Ibra or Pato, regardless of how we perform.

Personally - I dont care how great Seedorf has been in CL (this year he's been crap every single game bar the first game vs Lecce), and dont care how Rino's been playing... Prince MUST start.

Can't wait for this enormous enormous game. Allegri's first big game incharge of Milan - curious to see how he handles Mourinho. Leonardo last year was totally owned by the Mourinho and Ferguson.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 21:52   #27
MilanMikey

Fave Players: Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Pirlo
MilanMikey is on a distinguished road
yeah ozil is definitely someone to watch out for but we should definitely not count out di maria either, hes a very strong player .. ronaldo never gave us to many problms wen playin for manu but hes someone also to look out for bcuz of his speed and of corse hes a wc player. imo di maria and ozill are the men to be covered at all times
MilanMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 22:29   #28
Elmago99

My Lineup:
4-3-1-2

-------------Ibrahimovic------Pato----------------
----------------------Ronaldinho------------------
------------Gattuso--------------Boateng---------
-------------------------Pirlo-----------------------
Antonini--------------------------------Zambrotta
---------------T. Silva-------Nesta------------------
-----------------------Abbiati----------------------

* I'm hoping T. Silva can play as he is vital. Zambrotta & Antonini must pay particular attention to Ronaldo & Di Maria
* I would like to see Gattuso pay particular attention to Ozil, who we've all identified as the key man in their attack (Similar to what Sneijder was for Mourinho last year) Perhaps Rino can rough him up a bit
* Long balls for Pato on counter attacks...
* Ronaldinho must be ready to work or else goodbye and bring in Seedorf OR Robinho in that position

I've been critical of Allegri in some aspects and everyone attacked me for my comments regarding Chievo. I would have liked to see T. Silva rest as well as Pirlo OR Seedorf, and also Zambrotta. Anyways, this game will be high intensity with a lot of talented WC players on the field.

I feel guys like Gattuso, Zambrotta, Seedorf, Pirlo are still good but they cannot play every minute, and Rino and Zambro certainly cannot play twice per week. That's why i didn't understand the Chievo lineup. Anyways, I hope to see Boateng and Gattuso working like dogs to protect Pirlo and Boateng to get into attack... This will prove to be a vital game in the season and I'm very excited to see how Allegri handles Mourinho.

Forza MILAN
Old 18-10-2010, 12:46   #29
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
No one else pumped up like crazy for this one?

Allegri said in a press conference that he will evaluate Thiago's situation tomorrow to see if he can or can't start. He also mentioned that Ozil is very important for them and that it would be suicidal to come to the Bernabeu to defend.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 14:13   #30
fLame

Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Seedorf, Pirlo
fLame is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
No one else pumped up like crazy for this one?

Allegri said in a press conference that he will evaluate Thiago's situation tomorrow to see if he can or can't start. He also mentioned that Ozil is very important for them and that it would be suicidal to come to the Bernabeu to defend.
I am pumped too. But I am afraid we won't win. Our defense is way too unreliable. Every team in Serie A has looked dangerous against us this season.