AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

Old 09-01-2011, 17:09   #76
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
double post.....

Last edited by Xudong; 09-01-2011 at 17:12.
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 17:12   #77
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwasniefski View Post
Amazing game! What see-saw action and always had the belief that Milan would come back. A deserved draw for both teams. Bonera...yikes!
It was never a see-saw. We were always chasing. I still think that we should have won. Damn. and yes, Bonera.. yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patos older bro View Post
ye bonera is really bad.but look at the other CBs we have yepes and onyewu (Wat r these guys doing at milan).i think we shud of got mexes this january (who i think is very gud) and wud be cheep. or chivu Who wud cost peanuts and a gud bak up for nesta
I don't think that Yepes would have done worse. He may be slower but his experience would help much.

Also, why do you think Chivu would cost peanut? What is his contractual status? (not that I want him at Milan. I don't.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_milan View Post
Brillant game. Didnt watch the whole game but got to watch it from the point when we were 1-3 down. Cassano was a genius. He may not be super fit but he is class. He knows what to do on the pitch. I had a couple of days back mentioned on the mercato thread how badly we need to have Seedorf replaced and today s game just gave even more evidence to that fact. We just cannot rely on him to be our creative talisman. If we dont have replacements we need to find one. Strasser played brilliantly and he needs to be in the first team from now on. I think he deserves it. Atleast from his previous two performances ive been very impressed. Gattuso as always a fighter. Missed Nesta badly. To sum it up the Best game in the season so far. And forza Cassano. n Bonera shud never ever wear that Milan shirt again.
for a neutral, maybe. For Milan fans, never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio View Post
I didn't bash Seedorf, but there must be a reason for Allegri to "protect" him like that.

It is OK if we are watching the last season of him and Ambro.
Ambrosini can make contribution for a few more seasons, I believe.

Forza Milan!!!
Old 09-01-2011, 17:16   #78
Codino

Fave Players: Van Basten, Baggio
Codino is on a distinguished road
incredible emotions, i was shaking at full time. That was what the beautiful game is all about.
Old 09-01-2011, 18:14   #79
xvr11

xvr11 is on a distinguished road
I'll chime in.

Bonera as bad as he played isn't the type of defender to be left 1 on 1 with the other teams BEST PLAYERS. It's simply a mismatch. The 4th goal for Udine? I blame Allegri AND ANTONINI. First of all...who the hell does Antonino think he is? He's an average player getting a chance to play in a big club. He's not a superior attacker to his defensive work. His job is to hustle 100% and until the whistle blows. The play before the counter attack was on on the other side of the field and he doesn't run back to help on defense? By the time he got back he was 20 yards behind Isla and Udine got the goal. Absolutely ATTROCIOUS.

Onto Allegri...how bout subbing Bonera, Antonini, or Abate? All 3 are purely suspect and deserved to be subbed for a fresh player to face Udine's counter.

Cassano had 2 or 3 assists today? 1 against Cagliari? The man is genius with his passing!
xvr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 18:49   #80
mihan

mihan is on a distinguished road
We knew Bonera is no match of Di Natale. Antonini at least worked hard, Strasser needs to improve on that, we were like playing with 10 men first half. IMO the flop of the match is Amelia, big time, 4 goals no saves, with some foolish moves.
mihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 20:37   #81
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
After watching this game, I must say that, Flamini must be use as either LB or RB when Milan play Spurs. On top of that, Ambro, Boateng and Gattuso must be the midfield trio instead of Seedorf and Pirlo.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 21:11   #82
OCmilano

Fave Players: All that wear Red & Black
OCmilano is on a distinguished road
LOL. @ Bonera. Just saw the HL. How he wears a Milan jersey shocks me. How he starts I honestly will never know.

Ball boy should be the only position he ever plays.
Old 09-01-2011, 22:16   #83
Aficio

Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihan View Post
We knew Bonera is no match of Di Natale. Antonini at least worked hard, Strasser needs to improve on that, we were like playing with 10 men first half. IMO the flop of the match is Amelia, big time, 4 goals no saves, with some foolish moves.

You're right. Bonera was a bit slow in all 3 goals, but he narrowed the shooting angle in the 2nd and 3rd. And in 4th goal, Amelia should be more active.
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 22:46   #84
Ryo

Ryo is on a distinguished road
Bonera will always be Bonera. I knew he would be crap for us ever since he got a red card 20 minutes into his Debut match. You would think with Nesta, Maldini, Favalli, Costacurta around he should be able to pick up on something and actually improve, but he hasn't... We desperately need a backup Centre back who won't cost us so dearly. Our defensive record just dropped from top of the league down to third!

We need to sign someone soon as Sandro isn't gonna get any younger :P
David Luiz? Anyone please!

Robinho Ibrahimovic Pato
Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:51   #85
Gabriel489

I think the learning from great players in practice is such a horrible statement, just look at Kala.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:05   #86
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xudong View Post
seedorf was actually very decent defensively in the first half, but when you gave away a crucial ball which changed the game, you can't really blame the fans booing him that fiercely.

that said, I was very mad at him, but I was still very surprised at the overwhelming booing and jeering.

I agree with most members here that I am sure that Allegri would not have played Seedorf/Bonera/Antonini/Amelia had we had better options at the time. Injury is part of the game, and we have to accept that.

This was such a weird game. We didn't play well in the first half and barely equalized; in the second half our attackers started to show movement and chemistry among them, but Udinese scored, and again, and again. I can't even remember another 4-4 game we had except for the one in which Shevchenko scored his first ever hattrick for Milan more than 10 years ago. Anyone?
Do you mean the Lazio match?
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:25   #87
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
Do you mean the Lazio match?
Sheva equalled Zico's record with scoring in his first seven league games in his first season but that game against Lazio really opened my eyes at his quality.

I remember one particular goal where he dragged both Nesta and the GK to his right, tried to feign a shot once and just when I thought he was closed down he smashed the ball to the right corner from the tightest angle. A new star was born on that day.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:31   #88
abbeyleemaniac

abbeyleemaniac is on a distinguished road
Sheva was a already a star before he came to Milan, he did wonders at Dynamo Kiev with Rebrov and co...

Regarding the game, i think that its our mistake, we didnt spend for a quality CB as we all know that Nesta's injury record, Bonera can get many minutes like cb duo, in this game,a solid Cb should have been signed...

Bonera's mistakes, Amelia's, Seedorf's mistake on counters as he lost the ball easy. Strasser is good player and however he couldnt kill these counters as he is slow. im happy with the team expect them.
abbeyleemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:43   #89
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbeyleemaniac View Post
Sheva was a already a star before he came to Milan, he did wonders at Dynamo Kiev with Rebrov and co...
I know. The entire Europe were after him after the hattrick against Barca in UCL and Kiev made it to the semifinal but the goal that I mentioned above was what really convinced me that he is a striker of the highest calibre, not just another one season wonder.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:01   #90
Gabriel489

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbeyleemaniac View Post

Regarding the game, i think that its our mistake, we didnt spend for a quality CB as we all know that Nesta's injury record, Bonera can get many minutes like cb duo, in this game,a solid Cb should have been signed...

Bonera's mistakes, Amelia's, Seedorf's mistake on counters as he lost the ball easy. Strasser is good player and however he couldnt kill these counters as he is slow. im happy with the team expect them.
The thing is, I think young players like Strasser needs to keep their game simple to gain confidence and improve. Keeping the game simple means just doing his part and not carrying the team. Thats why it was a bad situation for him to play against Napoli as he needs to cover more ground playing along side Seedorf and behind Robinho, while also needs to be more involve with the offense with Gattuso on the other side.