AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > MilanMania > Forum News & Views

Notices

View Poll Results: Wanting a chat or not?
Yes, our discussion would be more live 15 88.24%
No, our type of current contact is enough.... 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2008, 12:51   #1
Giorgos

Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic
Giorgos is on a distinguished road
Wanting a chat or not?

Wanting a chat or not? and the difficulties stated by moderators....
Old 05-01-2008, 13:43   #2
Reza
Administrator

Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
We did have one before and it was fun but not always busy, this is one thread about it http://www.milanmania.com/forums/sho...highlight=chat
I will leave it up to you guys to vote, maybe we can do something if many are interested
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 14:32   #3
sheva-gila

Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, R80, T.Silva, Pato
sheva-gila is on a distinguished road
I thing its not good for the forum because many of members will forget football and milan using more chat

sheva-gila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 17:59   #4
addicted

Fave Players: Maldini
addicted is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheva-gila
I thing its not good for the forum because many of members will forget football and milan using more chat

LOL?

Im sorry but thats stupid,if your a Milan fan and a football fan how are you suppose to loose it over dinner or a chat about planes or somethin?

Basic answer is : you can`t so it wont affect it all and im all for a chat box.Could make this forum more lively .And will probably increse the quality of the posts made,cause if you just want to drop one liners you can do that in the chat box,if you want to make a post you go on to the right section and do it

And anyway it would be a good reason to visit the forum now cause its winter break and im sick of only transfer roumours
Old 05-01-2008, 18:54   #5
remote2book

Fave Players: ALL milan players, juninho, benzema
remote2book is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted
LOL?

Im sorry but thats stupid,if your a Milan fan and a football fan how are you suppose to loose it over dinner or a chat about planes or somethin?

Basic answer is : you can`t so it wont affect it all and im all for a chat box.Could make this forum more lively .And will probably increse the quality of the posts made,cause if you just want to drop one liners you can do that in the chat box,if you want to make a post you go on to the right section and do it

And anyway it would be a good reason to visit the forum now cause its winter break and im sick of only transfer roumours
totally agree i voted yes...its a good idea...plus who wouldnt want to see tony and zlat gettting it on live

Inchinati al diavolo
remote2book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 20:40   #6
Jeff

Jeff is on a distinguished road
rezag, any chance to bring live chat back on track? Over the years I think MM has matured a bit so maybe people are more willing to share in live chat. Anyway, it's not a bad idea. But, if it means to induce additional cost, then my answer is a no-no.

J

Perfect: acmilan; MM

OK: Channel4; calciomercato; tg.com; La Gazzetta

Awful: Corriere; Tuttosport; tuttomercatoweb

Worst: tribalfootball; goal.com
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 23:52   #7
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezag
I will leave it up to you guys to vote, maybe we can do something if many are interested
Interesting idea. I'm in!
Old 06-01-2008, 05:34   #8
Giorgos

This is the reason i was also reffered to the administration (about the cost and other things). One problem for example is that i want for example Ross11 to see my post and respond now, it will be easier to do it, when i would like to add a new thread, i would say to Rez or Debs is it ok?.... We could say our problems to other members... i want for example to find a game gaining prizes.

My problem also was if the chat taken the place of forums but it can give help to forums in some ways as i arleady reffered to, for example see Tony, Dru ... that are online i will say let's go talk about transfers, ex: i found an article but i don't have a sourse please have a look at the discussions forum...

But as i have already said is up to Rez and Debs...
Old 06-01-2008, 11:33   #9
Kaka1899

Fave Players: Kaką, Andrea Pirlo and Paolo Maldini
Kaka1899 is on a distinguished road
we need a shoutbox like on xff, somewhere to just drop a message to members but its not a new window to open its embedded at the bottom of the page, the one on xff has taken off really well, lets go for it!

San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Kaka1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 15:31   #10
hany.Egypt

Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
I dont understand the chat idea exactly if its like the msn or skyb etc then why dont we just use these ones? plus that there is no garuntee that people wont talk about football there and feel lazy to post any thing on MM (they have already posted there opinions before) .
hany.Egypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 15:51   #11
Giorgos

Yeah you have a point , but in a chat form i don't think that you can analyze your opinion, look for example the amount of words used in the transfer forum...
Old 07-01-2008, 07:11   #12
Debs
Administrator

Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
We've had chat here, in fact over the course of our history we've had a couple. There have been problems in the past and the same old whining from members. Let em explain.

A decent chat at one time cost the original owner of MM $100 a month and it was usually only used during games. It was a blast tho gettign into chat during games b/c whoever was gettign it live on TV would tell everyone else how wew were playing. Problem was, the chat wasn't real reliable once we got 15 or so people in it, and it wasn't cost effective in the long-run.

We had a member who created a chat for us, it was free but it was even less reliable and crashed all the time. Free is good, but crashing isn't.

Then there was the constant whining from members about when else to chat and why didn't we--meaning the mods and admins--set up times to chat. hey, not my job, I'm not here 24/7. If we were to bring back a chat, it would be one of those things where people could arrange with friends when to show up, or people could just post saying hey I'll be in chat later, stop in.

I've run a free chat site past Rezag; it's a site I'm familiar with b/c it gets used by some friends of mine on myspace. It's a pretty decent chat as far as how many people it can hold. Some nights (we gather during an Internet radio show that's on Saturday evenings) we probably have 40+ people in chat, and it automatically creates overflow rooms as we need them. The biggest drawback I've discovered with it is that I can't run the radio feed and the chat on Internet Explorer and so I've had to download Mozilla Firefox just to use during these shows and chats. The room is always open and I beleive the site allows you to set up chat rules. The show and people who have the chat I use set up also have moderators to keep control of things b/c one of the chat owners wants it to be a place where his own kids could go and feel safe.

We've been talking about redesigning this site, at which time Rez thoguht we could look into adding a chat. Since people here sound interested, let me enlist your help--start looking into free but reliable chat sites that we could set up a link to. The one I am looking at would probably be the sort of thing where we'd set up the room and provide a link in a new sub-forum....and I'm thinking if we did that, then that would also be the place for people to set up topics about when they'd like to get together to chat.

Here's the place I'm looking at, and somewhere in there is a test chat I set up to show Rez a few months ago! http://www.xat.com/
Old 07-01-2008, 12:51   #13
Giorgos

I got a lot of fun i got into a Greek sight of people 12-15, i relaxed a little bit...
so we will do in that way?...
Old 07-01-2008, 14:05   #14
Giorgos

Debs when i get into the sight my nickname Giorgos appears, how can i change that?
My nick to not appear when i just open the sight?
Old 07-01-2008, 14:23   #15
_Ace

Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
_Ace is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgos
Debs when i get into the sight my nickname Giorgos appears, how can i change that?
My nick to not appear when i just open the sight?
its not Sight, its Site man
_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote