Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

Old 26-01-2011, 10:30   #46
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZvonimirBoban View Post
I can't believe he's not being compared to Rijkaard yet.
he's been compared to Desailly a few times though. Personally, despite his success in midfield, I think he will remain a defender for us in the forseeable future.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 02:26   #47
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Dev, that depends on who is the CB or DM/CM for Milan. To me I actually find DM/CM in the mode of DeSailly/Rijkaard harder to find than a WC CB like T. Silva. Ofcourse, if MIlan sign Jucilei, that's another story.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 09:24   #48
ACMILAN1983

Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel489 View Post
Dev, that depends on who is the CB or DM/CM for Milan. To me I actually find DM/CM in the mode of DeSailly/Rijkaard harder to find than a WC CB like T. Silva. Ofcourse, if MIlan sign Jucilei, that's another story.
I think we're more in need of a top class CB for now and the future than a holding midfielder, and this is why Thiago will remain in this position imo. Back when we had Rijkaard and Desailly our defence was always Tassotti/Panucci, Costacurta, Baresi and Maldini. For this reason we had the luxury of playing guys like Rijkaard and Desailly higher up the pitch. While Thiago has clearly got the quality to play the role, for me we definitely need him for CB (I think it's just as hard to find CB's of his quality).
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 09:32   #49
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Having Thiago playing as deep-lying DM give so much defensive quality for us. We have seen how Pirlo could have so much freedom and didn't have to worry a lot with defensive duty when Ambrosini played in front of the CBs. Ambrosini however lacks of creativity something Silva possess (even not as good as Pirlo). Silva is also better in terms of tactical-play reading ability and much better in defending, which will be extremely needed if we have Pirlo and offensive fullbacks or if we have other creative-offensive midfield beside Thiago (Thiago plus 2 creative CM).

The bad thing is however like ACMILAN1983 said, it's extremely difficult to find a CB as quality as Thiago especially if we need two (if we think about Nesta's age)!
Old 28-01-2011, 09:38   #50
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Like I said, it really depends on who Milan will be after, but knowing full well that Silva can play as DM will give plenty of options for Galli in terms of buying players. As if he can't find another good DM but there are a few CB available, he might just get those CBs, or vice versa.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 09:48   #51
Siregar

Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
If we can find quality left back and WC defender, I want to see this:

GK
Abate-Nesta-WC CB-Fullback
Merkel-Silva-Pirlo
Ganso
Pato-Ibra

Merkel can defend well enough so we can play with only 1 DM (Silva).