AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

Old 20-12-2010, 23:46   #1
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Antonio Cassano

He was the most expensive teenager in the world after that debut goal against Inter when he was 18 at Bari. Roma snapped him up for what I believe was 20mil pounds. He formed one of the best partnerships I'd ever seen with Totti and was supposed to be the greatest Italian player of his era. Problem after problem from everywhere were bothering Cassano and then he left to Real Madrid after falling out with Roma. He also fell out at Real Madrid and soon after went to Sampdoria, where he enjoyed a very succesfull 3 years albeit with no pressure at all. He also fell out with Sampdoria and now has his final chance to be somebody in world football, and where better than Milan and when better than at the age of 28.

Only last year our bench was an injury prone Pato, Inzaghi, Huntelaar, Borriello and an inconsistent Ronaldinho.

Today we replaced Inzaghi, Huntelaar and Borriello with Ibrahimovic, Robinho, and Cassano. No one in his wildest dreams could ever wished that let alone expect it.

It's almost official as even Berlusconi has confirmed the deal. Cassano's expected to travel with the team to Abu Dhabi for their winter training camp. We could also expect him to start the next game vs Cagliari as Ibrahimovic is out serving a suspension.

News confirming that Cassano is a Milan player:
http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=41367

Welcome to AC Milan, Antonio Cassano.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 00:00   #2
MilanMikey

Fave Players: Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Pirlo
MilanMikey is on a distinguished road
forza cassano forza milan i really support this move!!! we have the best italian player IMO in our team right now. good job berlu and galli
MilanMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 00:01   #3
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
I am both nervous and excited. Excited because Milan will have signed (practically a steal) a Great talent. Nervous because he has characteristics of other players on the team, and is not necessarily what we need.

I will support him as a Milanista, and hope he can mature, having no major problems to ruin the flow of the squad. Cassano has a huge heart, and has shown tears many times on the field. Like many Italians, myself included, he shows his emotions too much, and makes incorrect decisions based off of his heart (first instinct) and not his mind. :. He's always fighting an inner-battle with himself

If he can manage to play ACM/trequartista, and keep his head cool, behind Ibra and Pato/Robinho, AC Milan can have one of the deadliest attacks in the History of European football
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 00:13   #4
MilanMikey

Fave Players: Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Pirlo
MilanMikey is on a distinguished road
the last thing you said elmago is whats making me so excited about seeing him play for us.. IF he can play as a trequartista behind them and he does a good job there is no doubt and id be not suprised if the next time around we score 4-5 goals on inter. this is what im hoping for. there was no other good option tbh. ganso is not prepared, honda neither im sure he would do good but it would stil take him time to adapt to italian football. cassano on the other hand, has proved himslef in seria a and at a big club (real madrid) so im not to worried i just want to see if he can play a good role at trequartista id be so happy.. and if we do get ganso and cassano does succeed at that role then it gives ganso space to develop, rotate half times each, who plays which game when etcetc.. imo good work. r80 is completely finished , he can probably do okay in brazil.

off topic point - do you all notice brazilians fitness is a main reason to their career downfalls? when adriano was at his peak he gained weight and is so immobile, r80 same thing, ronaldo well self explanitory went from being the best player in the entire world and imo still yet to be a forward like him(hopefully pato) and now he became like a billboard boy for mcdonalds.. dont understand this but anyways ya forza cassano again..
MilanMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 00:19   #5
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMikey View Post
the last thing you said elmago is whats making me so excited about seeing him play for us.. IF he can play as a trequartista behind them and he does a good job there is no doubt and id be not suprised if the next time around we score 4-5 goals on inter. this is what im hoping for. there was no other good option tbh. ganso is not prepared, honda neither im sure he would do good but it would stil take him time to adapt to italian football. cassano on the other hand, has proved himslef in seria a and at a big club (real madrid) so im not to worried i just want to see if he can play a good role at trequartista id be so happy.. and if we do get ganso and cassano does succeed at that role then it gives ganso space to develop, rotate half times each, who plays which game when etcetc.. imo good work. r80 is completely finished , he can probably do okay in brazil.

off topic point - do you all notice brazilians fitness is a main reason to their career downfalls? when adriano was at his peak he gained weight and is so immobile, r80 same thing, ronaldo well self explanitory went from being the best player in the entire world and imo still yet to be a forward like him(hopefully pato) and now he became like a billboard boy for mcdonalds.. dont understand this but anyways ya forza cassano again..
Hey Mikey, will you change your Avatar to Cassano with confetti ??
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 00:55   #6
Xudong

Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
He was the most expensive teenager in the world after that debut goal against Inter when he was 18 at Bari. Roma snapped him up for what I believe was 20mil pounds. He formed one of the best partnerships I'd ever seen with Totti and was supposed to be the greatest Italian player of his era. Problem after problem from everywhere were bothering Cassano and then he left to Real Madrid after falling out with Roma. He also fell out at Real Madrid and soon after went to Sampdoria, where he enjoyed a very succesfull 3 years albeit with no pressure at all. He also fell out with Sampdoria and now has his final chance to be somebody in world football, and where better than Milan and when better than at the age of 28.

Only last year our bench was an injury prone Pato, Inzaghi, Huntelaar, Borriello and an inconsistent Ronaldinho.

Today we replaced Inzaghi, Huntelaar and Borriello with Ibrahimovic, Robinho, and Cassano. No one in his wildest dreams could ever wished that let alone expect it.

It's almost official as even Berlusconi has confirmed the deal. Cassano's expected to travel with the team to Abu Dhabi for their winter training camp. We could also expect him to start the next game vs Cagliari as Ibrahimovic is out serving a suspension.

News confirming that Cassano is a Milan player:
http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=41367

Welcome to AC Milan, Antonio Cassano.
Guess what, last season towards the end, I was thinking if we could replace all our attackers except Pato, seriously. You are right, no one in their wildest dream though would see this happen after just a few months.

Dreams cost nothing. but I won't be greedy but I think maybe just a few names for the midfield: Ganso, Poli, Hernanes, Jucilei, Lazzari. + Flamini and Ambrosini (yes, I would keep him ). The last seat could be either Boateng or any young dude.

That should be a good start. Then we could talk about the backline if you want to.

Last edited by Xudong; 21-12-2010 at 00:59.
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 01:09   #7
Xudong

old pictures (from another forum)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	11997  Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	11998  
Old 21-12-2010, 03:08   #8
kastriot

Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
All Italy hopes that Cassano can be the man to lead Italy to glory again. And if he ever wanted to make a point, this is the time. He has the last chance to shine in a big club.

Cassano you have now free hands,there is no room for excuses anymore,
PROVE YOUR WORTH
Old 21-12-2010, 03:39   #9
Sputnik

Fave Players: Marco Van Basten
Sputnik is on a distinguished road
Welcome to AC Milan, Antonio Cassano. I was never so curious about a transfer. I hope he fits well and keeps he head on his shoulders. He is extremely talented. And a bit loco.

So, with Pirlo out for a month, how do you think this signing will affect our tactical play?
Any thoughts?
Sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 04:40   #10
Nalx

Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
I'm the one who fiercely opposed to the idea of buying him, so prove me wrong Antonio!
Old 21-12-2010, 07:18   #11
tim_milan

Fave Players: baresi,maldini,nesta and van basten
tim_milan is on a distinguished road
Welcome to Milan Cassano. Good move but im hoping its not the only one. Hope we can sign atleast two more players in the winter(a creative mid and an attacking fb). If that happens am sure no team is going to stop us from wining the Serie A and CL this season.
Old 21-12-2010, 11:07   #12
Jeff

Jeff is on a distinguished road
Folks, please take a moment to think about this when you have the chance. All of us are in this for the decision:

http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26762

Thanks
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 14:09   #13
Hasan Rossonero

Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
I am actually very optimistic about this purchase. Cassano can give us a few options. As ElMago says, play him behind Ibra and Pato/Robinho.

He is 28 and in his prime.

Exciting purchase. Good luck to Cassano!
Hasan Rossonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 14:15   #14
Xudong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx View Post
I'm the one who fiercely opposed to the idea of buying him, so prove me wrong Antonio!
I was upset with the purchase of Ibrahimovic too (I wanted Dzeko), but I have no more complaint.
Old 21-12-2010, 14:43   #15
Jay Crisp

Fave Players: Maldini , Boban , Van Basten , Pato , Albertini ,
Jay Crisp is on a distinguished road
He's coming for virtually nothing at the peak of his powers.He wont be the big star and Im sure he will get away with no antics with Rino Ambro Nesta or even Ibra .He try hard and have his sane 3 years which is all we want.