AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

View Poll Results: Who do you think Milan will face next round?
Barcelona 2 20.00%
Chelsea 0 0%
Manchester United 1 10.00%
Schalke 4 40.00%
Shakhtar Donetsk 0 0%
Bayern Munich 1 10.00%
Tottenham Hotspur 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2011, 11:14   #106
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Oh my gosh, we have a Seedorf's fan here. Just kidding.

We bashed Seedorf like kingdom come for pretty much every game except for his period. Which before used to be those big games, but now he has become a true minute man. He can only perform great in minutes here and there over the course of the season, anything more is like opening presents on boxing day.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:38   #107
Incubus1

Incubus1 is on a distinguished road
Milan vs Spurs

looks like a decent forum, without the usual keyboard rambos and other bigoted, short-sighted dimwits. been reading your thoughts with interest and I must say, A.C, Milan - en garde!

Talk about making this Champs league malarky difficult... first Inter and now AC - two of teh toughest games we could have faced!

It is going to be a cracking game and I think a very balanced one, with Spurs' counter-attacking credentials receiving their litmus test against Milan's defence. However, your members are a little remiss: whilst its true that we have been shipping goals of late, if deadly ledly can come back fit, he'll marshall the defence superbly, especially if he has Dawson alongside him.

My prediction? 2-1 Spurs, home and away!

Incidently, my sister and I are hopimg to get some tickets and I have found some for sale in the Terrano Blu section of the ground? Is this safe? I don't want to be sat amongst the ultras, if I can get away with it!

Anyways, look forward to chatting soon...

keep believing!
Incubus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:22   #108
Fear the Devil

Fave Players: Maldini,Pirlo,Riquelme,*Cassano*,Ibra,Gattuso
Fear the Devil is on a distinguished road
Pace is the only problem we have to deal with when it comes to Tottenham ...... Im pretty Confident if we have our Players Fit and back from their Injuries we are gonna beat them easily. Flamini Or Prince will take care of Bale. I guess Gattuso will also Play a role by taming him .
Fear the Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:06   #109
patos older bro

Fave Players: ibra pato pirlo
patos older bro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear the Devil View Post
Pace is the only problem we have to deal with when it comes to Tottenham ...... Im pretty Confident if we have our Players Fit and back from their Injuries we are gonna beat them easily. Flamini Or Prince will take care of Bale. I guess Gattuso will also Play a role by taming him .
ye i totall agree there have more pace but we r way technically superior.and pesonally i think were making to much of a big deal about bale. the guy's having a gud season but if it wasent for them 2 games agenst a sorry looking inter wud we all be tallking about him(but thts england for u)
patos older bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:37   #110
hitmannq8

Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Seems like there will be a familiar face facing us in this game.... David Beckham has already trained with Spurs for the first time. He might be keen to prove a point after we decided not to look for his loan deal this year. His last memories at Milan were not so good as he injured himself badly and missed the World Cup with England. Good luck at Spurs David but I hope you won't have a good game against us!
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:04   #111
Sputnik

Fave Players: Marco Van Basten
Sputnik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by patos older bro View Post
ye i totall agree there have more pace but we r way technically superior.and pesonally i think were making to much of a big deal about bale. the guy's having a gud season but if it wasent for them 2 games agenst a sorry looking inter wud we all be tallking about him(but thts england for u)
Yes, we would. Especially if we were merely watching that Premier League thing.
If you are young promising player you gotta start with something like...a good season. I ain't saying he's gonna be Messi but so far he is working miracles. Against a sorry Inter, or a sorry(?) Maicon, doesn't matter. The boy has it. Let's wait and see how he takes it from here on...
Sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 15:36   #112
patos older bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
Yes, we would. Especially if we were merely watching that Premier League thing.
If you are young promising player you gotta start with something like...a good season. I ain't saying he's gonna be Messi but so far he is working miracles. Against a sorry Inter, or a sorry(?) Maicon, doesn't matter. The boy has it. Let's wait and see how he takes it from here on...
wat has the boy got exactly apart from pace.and he dident start with a gud season he never used to get picked and redknapp use to say he was bad luck.am not saying he's a bad player (he's not)
am just saying he is not worth the 60 50 mill price tag. and i think spurs shud be more scared of us (and i know a thing or 2 about the premier league thing i live in england)
Old 11-01-2011, 17:28   #113
Sputnik

Fave Players: Marco Van Basten
Sputnik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by patos older bro;590094[B
]wat has the boy got exactly apart from pace[/b].and he dident start with a gud season he never used to get picked and redknapp use to say he was bad luck.am not saying he's a bad player (he's not)
am just saying he is not worth the 60 50 mill price tag. and i think spurs shud be more scared of us (and i know a thing or 2 about the premier league thing i live in england)
Crossing abilities,a more than decent pass, kind of a Ryan Giggs dribbling, great stamina and quite a finishing for a guy who runs all over the field. Or, else, what Abate hasn't.

Of course, you are right about the 60-50 mill price tag. It's insane and if you ask me, no football player should be that expensive. I also agree that the Spurs should be more scared of us. We own the tournament for the last 25 years and we can pull an Ambro in the Netherlands every time.

Cheers
Sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 23:13   #114
Gabriel489

Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Sad to see Gouch leaves as I was just getting excited about Gouch Vs Couch matchup.
Gabriel489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:29   #115
IndaUK (Spurs)

IndaUK (Spurs) is on a distinguished road
'ello again,

I would be surprised if Beckham plays a single minute for us. He's here to train and sell shirts.

Since we played the last CL game, other teams have been doubling-up on Bale, kicking him and elbowing him. This has created some space for other players. How are you going to deal with him?

We're still not scared. We're happy to be in the competition at this stage. We're glad we're playing a top team like Milan. There's nothing for us to be scared about!
IndaUK (Spurs) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 04:32   #116
mzk57

Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
mzk57 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't care if AC Milan loses the away leg, but if AC Milan can't kill off this mediocre EPL team at the San Siro, it will be utter humiliation for Milan fans like us.

"WHY so serious?....." Let's put a SMILE on that face! "
mzk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 06:58   #117
ZvonimirBoban

Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndaUK (Spurs) View Post
'ello again,

I would be surprised if Beckham plays a single minute for us. He's here to train and sell shirts.

Since we played the last CL game, other teams have been doubling-up on Bale, kicking him and elbowing him. This has created some space for other players. How are you going to deal with him?

We're still not scared. We're happy to be in the competition at this stage. We're glad we're playing a top team like Milan. There's nothing for us to be scared about!
For every goal that Bale will score or create, Ibra Pato Cassano and Binho will score two.
SEMPRE PER TE!
ZvonimirBoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 15:40   #118
patos older bro

ye yor right if we dont win this game it will be embrrasing and draw more critisisum on serie a.supur's arnt the joke tht they use to be though they ave a few player's of genuine class like van der vaart and modric(who i wud swap for seedorf any day)and of corse bale.but there defence is still a joke though i dont know who's fit and who's playing and i dont really care our attack shud have a filed day(let's just see wicth milan turn's up)
Old 13-01-2011, 17:35   #119
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry Pato's older brother, I can't ever understand a single word you say.

Milan is stronger than the past 3 years for sure, but still we're in a transition. I don't like our FB's against good teams. However, Abate is lightning fast, and I think he can catch him. Bonera would be chasing shadows like it was his imaginary friend.

I do honestly believe, and I hate talking before the game, I like comparing formations, but rarely try to predict what will happen, but I do believe Milan will score a lot of goals on your back line. However, Bale could burn our FB's a few times, but you still have to have Defoe beat Nesta and Thiago Silva in the air

I think we'll probably have Gattuso annoy Bale on the our right side (your left), and also Abate. We will prob double team him with gattuso and abate, and then have Nesta there for protection. We'll see,, should be interesting.
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2011, 10:52   #120
Elmago99

Fave Players: Nesta, Pippo, Ibra, Rino, Maldini, Tevez, Drogba
Elmago99 is on a distinguished road
I'm watching Tottenham vs. Manchester United today, and I have to be honest, this is a sloppy, very typical EPL game. Manchester United normally play posession, technical football, but what happens is, when one team is playing long balls, sloppy, slide tackles every 2 seconds, it's hard to slow the game down. It's a total reckless game with all 20 men on the pitch running around like chicken's without a head.

Furthermore, David Beckham is in the crowd, and I just can't see him playing in this game. He's more fit for Serie A

Bale has done next to nothing, and both teams look a bit soft at the back, very Open game, but as I said, generally sloppy.

* It's Half Time, so a lot can still happen....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another fact I did not know about, EPL stadiums are generally bigger than Serie A stadiums. For instance Anfield is 110'x75' and San Siro is 105'x68'. This maybe another reason why in the EPL, the players are spread out more, and there's way more space. They look to never be compact, and this is anothe reason for the sloppiness of the game ...

Last edited by Elmago99; 16-01-2011 at 11:03.
Elmago99 is offline   Reply With Quote