Summer transfer window 2018
Latest rumours coming out are Higuain now wants 9m per season and obligation to buy. I get the impression the papers are just milking the story now, as logically I can't see how this makes sense.

Firstly, you don't go from total agreement of supposedly 6m per year with a heavy loan with option to suddenly wanting 9m per season with obligation, all within the space of 1 day. In addition, we know the issue is severance with Juve. Now it may be that if they can't agree severance, then all parties might have to come to a compromise to try and make this deal happen. However, I don't think for us we'll see a massive shift from the agreement we already had in place. Nor do I think the deal is at risk, as literally everyone wants/needs this deal to happen:

1) Milan need a player of Higuain's calibre for attack
2) Milan need a Bonucci replacement and Caldara's the name
3) Milan need to get rid of Bonucci as he wants Juve
4) Juve need to get rid of Higuain and his salary since they have Ronaldo
5) Juve want Bonucci
6) Higuain needs to leave Juve to play

Put simply, for all parties involved, including Caldara, this deal pretty much needs to go through given what everyone wants and needs out of this. It's a difficult deal, but it seems we're at the final hurdle and we're all pushing for it to happen.
(08-01-2018, 08:29 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Latest rumours coming out are Higuain now wants 9m per season and obligation to buy. I get the impression the papers are just milking the story now, as logically I can't see how this makes sense.

Firstly, you don't go from total agreement of supposedly 6m per year with a heavy loan with option to suddenly wanting 9m per season with obligation, all within the space of 1 day. In addition, we know the issue is severance with Juve. Now it may be that if they can't agree severance, then all parties might have to come to a compromise to try and make this deal happen. However, I don't think for us we'll see a massive shift from the agreement we already had in place. Nor do I think the deal is at risk, as literally everyone wants/needs this deal to happen:

1) Milan need a player of Higuain's calibre for attack
2) Milan need a Bonucci replacement and Caldara's the name
3) Milan need to get rid of Bonucci as he wants Juve
4) Juve need to get rid of Higuain and his salary since they have Ronaldo
5) Juve want Bonucci
6) Higuain needs to leave Juve to play

Put simply, for all parties involved, including Caldara, this deal pretty much needs to go through given what everyone wants and needs out of this. It's a difficult deal, but it seems we're at the final hurdle and we're all pushing for it to happen.

As you say, all parties need this transfer. So it puts Higuain in a strong position where he can demand the maximum possible. It's great negotiating by his agent.
I think he still want Chelsea and hopes that they will make some concrete move in next few days ,so he wants to "delay" move to Milan for a while.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(08-01-2018, 11:11 AM)Sampinjon Wrote: I think he still want Chelsea and hopes that they will make some concrete move in next few days ,so he wants to "delay" move to Milan for a while.

And Chelsea still want him, I read.

Our transfers usually takes some time to conclude... Wouldn't be surprised if there were some drama in the end.
I don't think Chelsea will actively chase him now, Sarri has already confirmed Morata is staying and I doubt they'd get or want both. As far as I can see, no reputable outlet is reporting anything about him to Chelsea (in fact it seems all has gone quiet on the Juve - Chelsea front for now).

Sportsmediaset report there's been fresh contacts this morning and there's some optimism this will be completed soon.
Well ,than let's hope this will be over soon so that we can move on towards next targets.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
The will of Milan, Juventus and all the parties involved is to totally define the deal by tonight [Di Marzio]
(08-01-2018, 03:56 AM)WCmilan Wrote: I wouldn't consider Higuain a mercenary. He makes moves that benefit his career. He left Napoli to win titles at a stronger squad, he's leaving Juventus because he'll play second fiddle to CR7. If I was a professional I would do the same, and it's not an indication that he's washed up or at the end of his career. The fact is, anyone in the world would be second best to CR7.

Lionel Messi wants to have a word with you
Sky is reporting that it's a done deal. Full agreement between all parties, only the signatures are missing.

This is a massive deal for us.
(08-01-2018, 04:17 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: Sky is reporting that it's a done deal. Full agreement between all parties, only the signatures are missing.

This is a massive deal for us.

Yes, the only thing missing is the signatures of Caldara and Bonucci who are in the USA. It's what is reported.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !