World Cup 2022 - Qatar
Reza congratulations. Beverly hills is filled with joy with this win
Sell Leao. Buy Gapko.
(11-25-2022, 04:52 PM)ACM1899 Wrote: Reza congratulations.  Beverly hills is filled with joy with this win

Thanks.

Those Iranians there Big Grin
Kjaer doesn't start. Hope that he is not injured.
(11-25-2022, 05:07 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: Sell Leao. Buy Gapko.

Gakpo seems to have an eye for goal, but he's not the type to beat a defender 1v1 consistently. My point is they are very different players. I don't think Gakpo "replaces" Leao well enough. He would add some goal scoring for us, for sure, but he would not fill the 1v1 void left by Leao if we were to swap the two in the lineup. 
Not saying I don't want Gakpo...but if Leao is to leave, we must replace him with a fast player able to take defenders on 1v1. Gakpo is not that player.
Theo assisting and doing much of the work for Mbappe goal 3bandiera
Japan losing today keeps Germany in no matter what happens in their game vs Spain. Gotta say, going into the 3rd round of games with only 1 tram eliminated (Qatar) adds a lot more excitement. It's good when everyone involved has something to play for. Let's hope groups F, G and H keep it that way.
(11-26-2022, 04:43 PM)nefremo Wrote: Gakpo seems to have an eye for goal, but he's not the type to beat a defender 1v1 consistently. My point is they are very different players. I don't think Gakpo "replaces" Leao well enough. He would add some goal scoring for us, for sure, but he would not fill the 1v1 void left by Leao if we were to swap the two in the lineup. 
Not saying I don't want Gakpo...but if Leao is to leave, we must replace him with a fast player able to take defenders on 1v1. Gakpo is not that player.

if we want someone that can 1v1, in my mind is 3 names, depay, pulisic, ziyech, there is a 4th name, but i dont think he will come in cheap and free of trouble he is hazard
Messias & Diaz can win 1vs1. But they can be stopped with a small foul like shirt pulling

Leao is too strong and fast to be stopped. Diaz of this season gets a little stronger and faster, so he could be effective somehow.

Gerry Cardinale said about paying the fine for Leao, so the wage can be negotiable. It could be a little nicer if we could get Diaz as he progresses slowly yet steadily.
Dembele is a wet dream.. He is so devastating when motivated and injury free. Imagine Leao and Dembele on each wing. Gakpo will be eaten by the Premier League sharks.

PS: Ziyech was great against Belgium. Goal taken by VAR, great assist to the second goal, and fantastic in the pressing game. Lets go for it! Zieych and Leao from January and we can chase Napoli all the way.