Week 35: Milan - Roma (Saturday, May 9 - 20:45 CET)
With the hope for European qualification all but lost, all we have left is to play for pride. Pippo claims that he will give some of the youngsters a chance to show what they can do. I don't think these are the best conditions for the Primavera players to come and get a chance but anything would be more exciting than watching the usual Milan performance.

Anyone have the stats for the games that we've played since Pippo declared that we have "10 finals" left? I feel like we have maybe got only one win since then but I'm not sure..
Siamo a posto cosi.
Yes, since his declaration of "10 finals" left, we won the first final, drew the next two finals, then lost 3 more finals. Now we have 4 more finals to play. Finals... maybe final nail on the coffin...

Napoli 3-0 Milan
Milan 1-3 Genoa
Udinese 2-1 Milan
Inter 0-0 Milan
Milan 1-1 Sampdoria
Palermo 1-2 Milan

(according to livescore.com)
I am going to skip this game...
PORTIERI: Abbiati, Diego Lopez, Gori (66)
DIFENSORI: Abate, Antonelli, Alex, Bocchetti, Bonera, Mexes, Paletta, Zapata
CENTROCAMPISTI: De Jong, Poli, Suso, Van Ginkel, Felicioli (37), Mastalli (36), Modic (42)
ATTACCANTI: Bonaventura, Cerci, Destro, Honda, Mastour, Pazzini.
(05-08-2015, 06:13 PM)reza Wrote: PORTIERI: Abbiati, Diego Lopez, Gori (66)
DIFENSORI: Abate, Antonelli, Alex, Bocchetti, Bonera, Mexes, Paletta, Zapata
CENTROCAMPISTI: De Jong, Poli, Suso, Van Ginkel, Felicioli (37), Mastalli (36), Modic (42)
ATTACCANTI: Bonaventura, Cerci, Destro, Honda, Mastour, Pazzini.

---------- Diego Lopez -------------
Abate - Mexes - Paletta - Antonelli
---- Mastalli - De Jong - Modic ----
Suso ---- Bonaventura ---- Mastour

I'd like to see this kind of team ... No striker, they're unable to score, so they're useless ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Quote:MILANELLO – On Friday afternoon at Milanello, Filippo Inzaghi held his pre-match press conference ahead of the rossoneri’s Serie A match at home to Roma on Saturday evening. This is what the coach had to say:

Opening comments on Saturday’s opponents AS Roma: "We have a big match tomorrow and 4 games left to finish the season strongly and with our heads held high. I am aware that it will be a tough match against AS Roma tomorrow but also very appealing as we’re going to be facing a side fighting for a Champions League finish and in need of points. We have to try and play with the right spirit and the one that we showed away at Napoli. I think by doing this we can come away with a positive result as both the team and I are in need right now. During our first meeting earlier in the season we played very well. We will have to be compact as they have several top players and are a side that has possibly the strongest midfield in Serie A, and so we will have to play as a team and like I said, to play with the same spirit that we showed against Napoli, a match that in my opinion was influenced by the sending off at the start. However we then played the rest of the match with desire and spirit. I hope that we can repeat that. To beat Roma we clearly have to play the perfect match and that’s what we’re hoping for."

The coach continued: "I prepare each match as if it were the most important one. Coaching Milan for me and for the players wearing this jersey has to be a source of great pride. The squad are working well, but it’s true that the most important response comes out on the pitch. Playing against Roma is always special and I hope that we can impress. Up front one of Destro or Pazzini will start and I will decide today. We have to come out on top in as many duels as possible and to win we have to play as a true team. We have prepared in the right manner and I am hoping for a positive outcome."

A word on the team’s difficulties in 2015: "I am upset that after the first meeting against Roma that we haven’t been able to continue improving. I hope that we can find that identity again in these final 4 matches. Talking about Milan’s future right now is not something I am interested in. When you have a President like Silvio Berlusconi you know you are in good hands because he wants the best for Milan. I am very lucky and happy and I am certainly not tired."

Inzaghi reiterated the message about finishing the season strongly: "When you wear the Milan jersey, you should already have the motivation. I would be very disappointed if someone thought it was already over, if anything many have to try and keep a tight hold of the Milan jersey and so the motivation is there. From now until the end of the season I want to play good football and play well. Whoever wears the Milan jersey has to try and always honour it."

Closing comments: "I think that Van Ginkel will play. I will evaluate, because in midfield we are short even if we are lucky to have players from the youth sector that are ready. In my opinion we are strong, but in January and February we missed several players. Based on the team’s technical abilities, we deserve more than what the league table says. Honda is ready and he trained well. In this area of the team we are spoilt for choice and we shall we whether he can start from the first minute."

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/157341
Siamo a posto cosi.
I fail to catch any message from Inzaghi's talk that excites me. O
The interest in Milan seems low everywhere these days Smile Anyway, the only thing that excites me is to see some youngster today, like pippo said. Hoping to see Mastour!
Don't count on that. I bet there would not be even ONE young player starting the game. O
Quote:MILAN: Diego Lopez; Abate, Alex, Paletta, Antonelli; Poli, De Jong, Van Ginkel; Honda, Destro, Bonaventura. A disposizione: Abbiati, Gori (66), Mexes, Bocchetti, Zapata, Bonera, Suso, Mastalli (36), Felicioli (37), Modic (42), Mastour, Pazzini. Allenatore: Filippo Inzaghi

ROMA: De Sanctis; Florenzi, Manolas, Astori, Torosodis; Nainggolan, De Rossi, Pjanic; Ibarbo, Doumbia, Gervinho. A disposizione: Skoropuski, Balzaretti, Holebas, A.Cole, Yanga Mbiwa, Keita, Paredes, Uçan, Iturbe, Ljajic, Sanabria, Totti. Allenatore: Rudi Garcia

Youth players on the bench as expected.
Siamo a posto cosi.