Week 12: Milan - Atalanta (Saturday, November 7 - 20:45 CET)
If both Cerci and Honda can play on either side, then I say that our attack is pretty much unaffected. However, de Jong is very different from Montolivo, and that would be my greatest concern for this game then.
You're right, I'm not sold on using De Jong either, but who is the alternative? Jose Mauri's not been used and it seems silly to just throw him in now and I think the only other player is Nocerino.

That's kind of why I stuck with Kucka and Poli, they were disciplined against Lazio and stayed compact. As long as De Jong just holds his position, he should be able to fulfill duties in place of Montolivo. My biggest worry then would be that if Atalanta drop deep as expected, can De Jong perform some basic regista duties and distribute the ball quickly?
I dont think Kuckas been necessarily disappointing, just not as good as he was. He still puts in a good defensive shift just his passing and dribbling hasn't been as on point as it was a few games ago. Nonetheless we had a good midfield trio going. Poli can fill in for Bertolacci, but I have no idea whos going to replace Bonaventura... He's been very consistent and probably our best player with Bacca. We should line up with Bacca at left wing, Niang striker and maybe Cerci RW? I dont really want Honda to play if I'm honest.

I've been an advocate against NDJ for a couple of seasons now. I feel he really slows down play, and apart from breaking up play he doesn't really add anything dimensional to our midfield other than defensive work, and our squad will really be lacking creativity without Monty,Bonaventura and Bertolacci...

A midfield of NDJ kucka and poli are all just defensive workhorses.. Very little creativity there. I see this game as a well fought out 1-0 game if we win. Atalanta isnt a pushover team, so hopefully we get an early goal. I remember the commentator against Lazio saying that we've lost/struggled every game where we went a goal down.
(11-03-2015, 07:28 PM)WCmilan Wrote: I dont think Kuckas been necessarily disappointing, just not as good as he was. He still puts in a good defensive shift just his passing and dribbling hasn't been as on point as it was a few games ago. Nonetheless we had a good midfield trio going. Poli can fill in for Bertolacci, but I have no idea whos going to replace Bonaventura... He's been very consistent and probably our best player with Bacca. We should line up with Bacca at left wing, Niang striker and maybe Cerci RW? I dont really want Honda to play if I'm honest.

I've been an advocate against NDJ for a couple of seasons now. I feel he really slows down play, and apart from breaking up play he doesn't really add anything dimensional to our midfield other than defensive work, and our squad will really be lacking creativity without Monty,Bonaventura and Bertolacci...

A midfield of NDJ kucka and poli are all just defensive workhorses.. Very little creativity there. I see this game as a well fought out 1-0 game if we win. Atalanta isnt a pushover team, so hopefully we get an early goal. I remember the commentator against Lazio saying that we've lost/struggled every game where we went a goal down.

Bacca should not play LW. Niang played RW last year at Genoa so he should be able to play LW this game for us. Also, is it confirmed that Montolivo is injured? If not then I'm hoping there's a chance he'll be available for selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Latest news is there are positive signs that Montolivo will return in time, though Miha shouldn't take risks with him.

WCMilan, I agree the midfield on De Jong, Poli and Kucka is lacking creativity and full of workhorses, I think it's just the unfortunate circumstance that we find ourselves in where every one of our creative midfielders are all out (unless Montolivo returns).

I think Bacca's been too good up front of late to warrant pushing him out wide. I think he's at his best as a forward, it's difficult to see him perform that well out wide. Niang has also only just come back, I'll be very surprised if he can even last an hour right now. I understand Honda's not been great, but right now I think he's the closest replacement we have to Bonaventura we have available. His close control, ability to hold the ball in tight spaces and the ability to pick the ball up in slightly deeper areas is why I think he's the best option.
I would play Suso for Bertolacci. I think his natural position is centrally and he should be used there. From that position he should easily be able to make diagonal runs to tuck in just behind the forward in the hole. Forget this playing hackers with no touch in the midfield. Put a technical player in there.

If Niang is ready, play him for Bonaventura.

Donnarumma - De Sciglio/Calabria;Mexes;Ramagnoli;Antonelli - Cerci; Kucka; Monto; Suso; Niang - Bacca
https://t.co/TL1yobpeL2
Interesting link from Milan's website which describes today's training session. Seems weird that Bacca, Montolivo, and Cerci trained in the gym individually.

(11-04-2015, 05:12 PM)PerSempre Wrote: https://t.co/TL1yobpeL2
Interesting link from Milan's website which describes today's training session. Seems weird that Bacca, Montolivo, and Cerci trained in the gym individually.

Maybe they are working together for some special attacking gigs and don't want to be spied on.  Sagrin
I would play Honda and Cerci up front on either side of Bacca. Honda may not like being played out of position, but last year Pippo played him there and I remember he did quite well in the first few games (until opponents figured out to overrun our weak midfield and defense). This year with an upgraded midfield, I feel like trying him there again would be less of a risk than last year, and I doubt he would mind so long as he was able to play from the start.

Though.... if Niang was available, I'd rather we started him on the other wing  Devilcool
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Quote:Questi i 22 convocati di mister Mihajlovic per la sfida di domani, Milan-Atalanta:

PORTIERI: Abbiati, Donnarumma, Livieri(97)

DIFENSORI: Antonelli, Calabria, De Sciglio, Rodrigo Ely, Mexes, Romagnoli, Zapata

CENTROCAMPISTI: De Jong, Josè Mauri, Kucka, Montolivo, Nocerino, Poli, Suso

ATTACCANTI: Bacca, Cerci, Honda, Luiz Adriano, Niang
Siamo a posto cosi.