Matchday 8: Chievo - Milan (Sunday, October 16 - 20:45 CET)
Ciaccatore clear foul from behind on Jack. Considering the soft yellows we have gotten today surprised that wasn't a red. Sorry attempt on the ball
So, does that count as a Bacca goal? Big Grin
Bacca 1-3 off a deflection, Maran should be so mad at how easily Chievo lost balls at their feet in the second half
Poli should take credit for this goal. He fought for the ball that eventually led to the goal. 3 points now. Smile
no celebration that we are finally in top 3? Icon_lol2
No celebration because we are still in shock. Lol. Insert xu famous disappear man
And we're second. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed that something seems different this year. If this match had happened last year we would have been sh*tting ourselves when Chievo got their goal just 15 minutes from the end. Instead we were remarkably calm and composed and even managed to get a (somewhat lucky) third goal, instead of Chievo shots raining down on our goal and us fighting desperately to save the three points. It all hints at a level of confidence that has been missing from Milan for some time now.

I'm even kinda hopeful for the Juve game now.
3 points is always nice especially away from home. Title contenders win games like this... Smile
Great 3 points. I am so happy for Locatelli. Like I said in the mercato thread...let's give the kid until January and we might not be needing an anchor for the next 15 years. Big Grin

We were solid enough and this was not an easy game. I said before the game that Chievo was very compact and it was the case again today until we forced a mistake and scored in the 45th minute. The quick goal in the second half finished the job and had it not been for a bullshit call on that free kick, we would have cruised to victory a lot sooner.

I think Lapadula is proved to be a good asset to the team. He didn't score but worked hard, forced mistakes, and could have scored on a couple of occasions. I don't think he has the quality to be a top striker in all honesty...but he is a good option to have in the squad regardless.

Paletta and Romagnoli had great game.

Bonaventura started really slow. He frustrated me so much in the first half. He took too long on the ball every time and lost it far too often.

Kucka is just Kucka. A hard worker that is physical by nature, but can be very "unintelligent" on the ball far too often. Having said that, his goal was an absolute beauty and at this point, he is essential for providing balance in the midfield.

Suso was another slow starter, but grew into the game. He is a dangerous player at times and much better for this side than Honda for example. He brings that 1v1 ability that we often lack. But he needs to do more and has to find a way to contribute in terms of stats in important moments of the game.

De Sciglio had a couple of brainfarts and we were lucky not to get punished. One was in the first half when he dove into a challenge needlesly at the side line in the first half and got taken out of the game. The second was towards the end of the game when he decided to shield the ball out and failed at it. I hope I am not too hard on him, but these are incidents that could have cost us the game.
Having said that...he is the best option at LB currently and seeing how Antonelli has performed this yeat, I would choose MDS over him any day.

Off to Juve now...we can do this!!!
A very good team performance. There were shaky moments and bad decisions by the players, but overall this is a well deserved team win. Montella deserves a lot of credit for getting us in the top 3.

My only qualm is that had our attack been more clinical, this would've been 1-6, had Niang finished those two easy chances he got and Lapadula, that one on one chance. Niang could've had a hat trick today. He really needs to work on his concentration and his first touch. But finally he is coming into his own.

I still can't believe we are top 3.