Serie A
On his transfer, I still think that he should've turned it down. He should know that he wouldn't fit EPL style.

On the number of games he played, your data is much better. I also agree that even though it now seems that he was injury-free this past season, I wouldn't want to take the risk to invest in him either.
aka xudong
Italian defence ruled the world for 40 years, now it's a laughing stock

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editori...-now-its-a

The title sounds good, but the article has no solid point. Maybe Goal uses Carlo Garganese to ridicule Italian football (or itself)?
(05-10-2011, 01:48 PM)Aficio Wrote: Italian defence ruled the world for 40 years, now it's a laughing stock

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editori...-now-its-a

The title sounds good, but the article has no solid point. Maybe Goal uses Carlo Garganese to ridicule Italian football (or itself)?

Well he does exaggerate. If he checks the standings in other leagues he'll find out that the situation is more or less the same. EPL only have three teams (MU, Chelsea, City) with better than one goal conceeded per game on average; La Liga have two (Barca, Madrid); and Bundesliga have one (Dortmund). So as you can see, it's far from being the laughing stock.

As with his proposed causes (backpass rule, the new nonsensical offside rule, and disgraceful plastic football) of this alleged decline, I find them to be too simplistic since the rule is the same in EVERY league in every country.

Having said that, I too watched the game between Juve and Chievo last night, and I must admit sometimes I got a feeling that their defenses were trying to outdumb each other.
per l'amaro e il dolce
Goal.crap strikes again with those articles! Big Grin
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
So Samp paid for their mercato, they lost to Palermo and are going down
Bye bye Samp. And give us Poli, please Big Grin

Juve were also not too smart, Giovinco has just scored against them. No Europe for the Old Woman.
Serie A rocks...
I feel bad for Sampdoria fans - their administration basically single-handed sent Sampdoria to Serie B.
To think they were fighting in CL qualifications at the beginning of this season.
aka xudong
Guess what. Juve lost again! Devilol
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
Juventus still holds some glimpse hope to go to Europe League next season, thanks to Roma's loss. I would be indifferent how it turns out though.

I am more interested in Udinese vs Lazio for the 4th CL spot. I will root for Udinese. Can someone confirm that Udinese needs only one point for that?

Udinese is leading Lazio by 2 points. Their head-to-head are:
W17: Lazio 3-2 Udinese
W36: Udinese 2-1 Lazio
aka xudong