Serie A
Juventus looked strong at moments ... but not solid as Chievo, one of the worst teams of Serie A and with no real game plan put them in trouble.

Napoli also wasn't that impressive. Lazio deserved more, especially during the first half.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(08-19-2018, 10:30 AM)GeoTav Wrote: Napoli also wasn't that impressive. Lazio deserved more, especially during the first half.

I don't mean to downplay other teams just to make Mipan's chances of 4th better......but fact is that Napoli lost their most important midfielder and worst of all (for them) they lost the biggest influence that made them title contenders (Sarri). It will still take a few more months for Sarri's influence to be completely gone, and I don't think Carlo will replace that. Carlo's "charm" seems to have gone in recent years. He is a phenomenal coach but at Napoli, with these players, with his style, there is no way that they will contend for the title. Sarri built a machine over there. Every movement, every pass, ever press was delicately thought of. Carlo was always a guy that relied on individual talent and always had the fortune of having world beaters in his teams. Not that Napoli's players are not class, but they are also not of the same caliber that Carlo has worked with during his best years. 
This Napoli, at most, will contend for 4th place. 

In terms of players for example, they don't have anythibg more than us or Lazio. So we'll see who will have a better season. At the moment, I put Juventus, Inter and Roma ahead and Lazio/Napoli/Milan fighting for the last 4th spot. We'll see..
I won't put Napoli behind Inter and Roma at least not ahead of those teams. Napoli has been playing with similar players for years and they have been showing very good results. Sarri's departure could affect Napoli's performance but should not drastically. They also get very good coach in Carlo, a master of strategy. In addition the team is pretty much the same, the don't lose many important players. I won't put Jorginho as indispensable player, he is replaceable and Napoli has options for that. Ancelotti surely needs time to transfer his strategy to his players but that should not mean it will harm them badly.

Playing versus Lazio away, Napoli still showed dominance overall. Lazio had better game in the first 35-40 minutes but after that Napoli had better ball possession and chances. They can only get better than the first game.

I however agree that Napoli are not real competitor for Juve. Napoli do not invest anything essential while Juve has strengthen their team.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Prince Boateng and his team beating Inter tonight, brings smile to my face Smile
That's good news after Roma Juve both won in the dying minutes.
haha Inter merda
(08-19-2018, 09:41 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: haha Inter merda

They did not lose because of bad luck. They are indeed look like shit.
(08-19-2018, 09:45 PM)millinarios Wrote: They did not lose because of bad luck. They are indeed look like shit.

I was going to watch the game but expected Inter to dominate.  Glad that wasn't the case
(08-19-2018, 09:47 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: I was going to watch the game but expected Inter to dominate.  Glad that wasn't the case

It's just the Inter we all know and love to laugh at. No ideas, no creativity, no cohesion, no hunger, and lots of stupid mistakes.
Glad my prediction was wrong for Merda. Haha