Summer transfer window 2018
Great to know Silva got hattrofcourseick. It will only benefit Milan (and certainly Sevilla).
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(08-19-2018, 11:29 PM)artand Wrote: Javi Moreno top scorer in Spain  Big Grin

Devilol
How small teams play against bigger clubs in Serie A is I think the fundamental reason why many strikers who had scored a lot of goals in other league face difficulties while playing in Serie A. Almost all of the small clubs use ultra defensive tactic when they meet team like Milan, Juve, Napoli with optimizing the counter attack with only 3-4 players going forward which still leave thight space at the back. It makes the striker of the bigger club especially Milan have only very little chances, prabably 1-3 chances. No wonder Silva made 3 goals as he also showed good performance in Europa League last season.

We have Higuain and Cutrone, Silva would waste his time with Milan since there is only 1 spot for striker.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(08-20-2018, 01:09 AM)porcho Wrote: What I'm saying is a move to another Serie A team would have been a better move for his development, specifically for us. Meaning our intention would be to keep him.
Sending him to Spain, for me, shows we're done with him.
Not sure about the buy and sell straight away because Sevilla don't actually spend that sort of cash. It would only be the case if a team were to approach Sevilla instead of us which wouldn't make sense considering a 40-45m offer would likely do it. Like you said though, He'll likely go EPL, or if he does exceptionally well, Real/Barca
Ah I know what you mean and I agree.The miserable tight defenses in Serie A were a shock.He took to much time to make a decision early in and when the goal didn't come then game time vanished it got in his head.
I'd prefer him to come back a year older a year wiser and ready to shove some great play down the doubters throats.Me being one of those doubters.
(08-20-2018, 07:38 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Ah I know what you mean and I agree.The miserable tight defenses in Serie A were a shock.He took to much time to make a decision early in and when the goal didn't come then game time vanished it got in his head.
I'd prefer him to come back a year older a year wiser and ready to shove some great play down the doubters throats.Me being one of those doubters.

having seen him in his Porto days, and for Portugal, he's very much a confidence player. When he's not feeling confident in himself, and not getting it from his coach(Montella) he gets nowhere. I can only imagine what things would have been like had Gattuso been in charge from the start.
I think, just my opinion, Gattuso knew the sort of person he was, which is why he had said that effort in training wasnt an issue. If anything he "did too much". The motivation was there but ultimately Montella's giving him game time, performed well, dropped anyway, destroyed his confidence and he wasn't going to get that back at Milan. A change of scenery was desperately needed for him to regain his confidence and some form.
Just a shame we'll likely lose him because I do feel like he could have been something special for us. Who knows... he might still become a top player for Milan.

In the mean time, I think I should hold off putting a name on my top...
List of tops I've bought where the players left/gone to shit that season/end of season.
Sheva
kaka
Pato
SES
Silva

Or maybe the next one should be Montolivo?
(08-20-2018, 07:38 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: I'd prefer him to come back a year older a year wiser and ready to shove some great play down the doubters throats.Me being one of those doubters.

Also probably we'll have a different coach by then.
Guys come on, don't hype him up so fast. He scored 3 goals against a team that just got back into La Liga, even Cutrone would've scored against a newly promoted side.

I like Andre as much as the next guy, but truth is he had a full season in Serie A and only managed 2 goals in all the minutes he played (at least 18 full games worth).
Here's his stats:
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/299460...3%A9-Silva
We can contribute some of it to him not receiving enough service, but when even Cutrone managed 10 goals in Serie A, I don't see that as a proper excuse.

I would hope that we manage to bring him back next season if we actually do need an extra striker (I do feel 2 is lightweight) and if he's developed his game enough, but given Higuian isn't going to just suddenly become bad and Cutrone is on the same development path as him, I would find it hard for him to get into the team in most games for at least another 2 years.

Maybe he's just not the type of striker built for Serie A, where he's not given space to work with and defenders are much more aggressive.

That said, it's just one game against shit opposition. Give him half a season before we hype or judge him.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
the defense is just atrocious
(08-20-2018, 01:17 PM)sylrus Wrote: the defense is just atrocious

Goal is goal Mas bro. If they kept playing like you mentioned for 90 minutes there would be tons of goals created but there were not.
I don't know in which thread this topic should be listed.

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/st...room-19638

Quote:AC Milan development director and club legend Paolo Maldini is set to implement strict rules within the club's locker room.

Tuttosport state that Maldini feels that imposing a sense of discipline at the club will be vital, if the rossoneri want to get back to their old glory days. Because of that, he is set to impose strict rules at the AC Milan locker room.

The legend has spoken. We aim for the best, we act as the best. I definitely agree with the decision. There should be rules in the dressing rooms since the influence arises from the room is vital.