Coppa Italia : AC Milan - Juventus
The first time i open a game thread.

Donnaruma, Calabria, Mussacchio, Romagnoli, Theo - Benacer, Kessie, Paqueta, Rebic, Calhan-Ibrahimivic
I don't think this is an important game unfortunately. Even if we somehow get a decent result in the first leg, if Juventus desires (they always do against us, perhaps to kick us while we stay down), they can still turn it around. In a way, we will be wasting at least 180 minutes for not much gain.

I think we should still focus on the league. I know the chance is very slim, but it is not all dead. Our depth and quality of squad simply doesn't allow me to run on both fronts. Plus, if we wish to use this route to get to EL, I am sure that we can have that achieved by getting into the top 6 (or top 7), which is significantly easier and more realistic than top 4.

The benefits are limited. If we win the whole thing (unlikely), we have one more trophy; if we win the first leg of SF, it would be a good morale booster as we need that to bounce back quickly. Other than that, not much.

When is the game by the way? Icon_lol2
aka xudong
Thursday, 20:45
(02-11-2020, 09:35 PM)Artan Wrote: Thursday, 20:45

Okmilan
aka xudong
(02-11-2020, 09:18 PM)ACM2020 Wrote: I don't think this is an important game unfortunately. Even if we somehow get a decent result in the first leg, if Juventus desires (they always do against us, perhaps to kick us while we stay down), they can still turn it around. In a way, we will be wasting at least 180 minutes for not much gain.

I think we should still focus on the league. I know the chance is very slim, but it is not all dead. Our depth and quality of squad simply doesn't allow me to run on both fronts. Plus, if we wish to use this route to get to EL, I am sure that we can have that achieved by getting into the top 6 (or top 7), which is significantly easier and more realistic than top 4.

The benefits are limited. If we win the whole thing (unlikely), we have one more trophy; if we win the first leg of SF, it would be a good morale booster as we need that to bounce back quickly. Other than that, not much.

When is the game by the way? Icon_lol2

+1

rest some of our more important players and give some of the other players more game time. Lets use this as an opportunity for some players like Paqueta to show why they should be starting.
2-1 Juve
I kind of agree with you Xu. With that said, Juve has been anything but convincing lately. Even our poor form at the start of the season showed they weren't that great. I hope we rest Ibra and try Leao in that role. We need these young guys to grow and to allow Pioli to continue to test this new formation against top opponents. These juve/inter games will make SPAL/Genoa seem much easier.
i hope we win coppa, we could use that europa league ticket for us by the end of season
i think we should field the strongest and kick some asses here.. Devilcool
aka edysim
Juve is not on form right now. We might have a chance here