Chievo - Milan (15h - 20/02)
Inter won in Florence, so we are under some pressure to win here, + we have to face the reality that if we drop points, Napoli are right on our heels.

I'm ok with Van Bommel starting, as long as Prince gets a look in @ some point.

We need to bounce back from the sloss to Spurs, and no time like this match so to do.

Jus please Allegri....no Seedorf. PLEASE!!
I LOVE MILAN
Van Bommel should surely play, but as far as the rest of the lineup, I'm not sure yet.

We'll need to use our cup -tied players, but Boateng needs to play as well for at least 45 minutes. We also greatly miss Ambrosini, as we don't have any CDM for Champions League....very complicated, and Allegri has a lot of work to do...
The next month (well, 2 months) are vital as we face Juve, Napoli and Inter. We must pick up points.
First thing first, this is a must win game for Milan.
If Allegri once again used Stopdorf, he should be fire right away.
Merkel and Strausser must play as thats the only way they could gain exp., in a hurry in order to gain a spot against the Spurs. Since Gattuso will be suspended, and I have a feeling Flamini will too, since UEFA is reviewing the game instead of just the Gattuso's incident. Ambro and Pirlo are out injured, while MVB and Emmuelson are unavailable, Stopdorf just can't play anymore. Which left a midfield of Boateng, Merkel and Strausser.
(02-17-2011, 01:22 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: First thing first, this is a must win game for Milan.
If Allegri once again used Stopdorf, he should be fire right away.
Merkel and Strausser must play as thats the only way they could gain exp., in a hurry in order to gain a spot against the Spurs. Since Gattuso will be suspended, and I have a feeling Flamini will too, since UEFA is reviewing the game instead of just the Gattuso's incident. Ambro and Pirlo are out injured, while MVB and Emmuelson are unavailable, Stopdorf just can't play anymore. Which left a midfield of Boateng, Merkel and Strausser.

No ...
Coming back from injury, he can play some minutes, but while Merkel is a must right now (we need football players in our midfield for CL, I really want to see Merkel, Boateng and Flamini together against Tottenham: Flamini defending, Merkel being the link between the defence/Flamini and Robinho who could be the AM again, and Boateng being a box to box player pushing forward more than defending until we score), Strasser is not our main need especially since we've got Van Bommel and Emmanuelson for our midfield in Serie A.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Whatever we decide for the Tottenham match, the focus must solely be on this match right now, with our lineup being chosen appropriately. I think we'll see something like...

-------------------------------Abbiati/Amelia-----------------------------------
Abate--------------Nesta-------------------Thiago--------------------Antonini
--------------------Rino-------Van Bommel--------Boateng-------------------
------------------------------------Robinho--------------------------------------
--------------------------Ibra-------------------Cassano------------------------

I wouldn't be surprised if Pato is bench, though I'm still hoping to see an attacking trio of Cassano, Ibra and Pato. Let Binho get a rest too(I don't remember the last time he actually had one). What's important in attack is Ibra moves better than he has been doing lately, as he's not been in great form (still making a difference though).

I was also watching bits of Barca vs Arsenal yesterday too, and despite the loss I was particularly impressed by Barca's high pressing and movement. These are obviously features of their game, but I must admit it got me thinking how recently our movement up front has been poor and we haven't pressed as well as we can (with the exception of Parma).
(02-17-2011, 04:22 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Whatever we decide for the Tottenham match, the focus must solely be on this match right now, with our lineup being chosen appropriately. I think we'll see something like...

-------------------------------Abbiati/Amelia-----------------------------------
Abate--------------Nesta-------------------Thiago--------------------Antonini
--------------------Rino-------Van Bommel--------Boateng-------------------
------------------------------------Robinho--------------------------------------
--------------------------Ibra-------------------Cassano------------------------

I wouldn't be surprised if Pato is bench, though I'm still hoping to see an attacking trio of Cassano, Ibra and Pato. Let Binho get a rest too(I don't remember the last time he actually had one). What's important in attack is Ibra moves better than he has been doing lately, as he's not been in great form (still making a difference though).

I was also watching bits of Barca vs Arsenal yesterday too, and despite the loss I was particularly impressed by Barca's high pressing and movement. These are obviously features of their game, but I must admit it got me thinking how recently our movement up front has been poor and we haven't pressed as well as we can (with the exception of Parma).

Last week end ? Against Parma ? Angel
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(02-17-2011, 04:27 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Last week end ? Against Parma ? Angel

lol, sorry you're completely right, I thought for some reason it was Robinho in Seedorf's spot in the match.

Either way, I would like to see Pato, Ibra and Cassano start together some time, we've seen glimpses of the potential against Udinese.
Official

The health manager of AC Milan, Dr. Gianluca Melega, announced that the player Daniele Bonera has been stretching the flexor hallucis longus left.

Christian Abbiati has regularly trained with the team and is therefore available to the coach.
Quote:17 febbraio 2011 - Due buone notizie per i rossoneri, che contro il Chievo potrebbero ritrovare Christian Abbiati e Kevin Prince Boateng. Il portiere, che dopo il trauma cranico rimediato contro il Tottenham doveva fermarsi per almeno 5 giorni, è già tornato in gruppo; il ghanese invece ha svolto l'intera seduta col gruppo e dovrebbe andare in panchina. Bonera invece continua a lavorare a parte per uno stiramento del flessore lungo dell'alluce sinistro: difficile che contro il Chievo sia a disposizione.

Abbiati and the Prince might be back for us against Chievo. For Bonera it is less likely.

I'm not too worried about Abbiati though. Amelia is a good second keeper and against Chievo he will suffice. The important thing is getting Abbi back for the bigger games. It's not essential that Prince starts the match, since we don't want to rush him to another injury, but a good 20-30 minutes would be good.

In defense I guess Abate and Antonini are the only choices for the flanks, although I really want to see Didac in action. In the middle Thiago and Nesta are a given pair, although it's sad to see Yepes on the bench.

In midfield Van Bommel is almost certain. Then along with him I don't know which mediano to expect, Gattuso or Flamini. The third player should be one of Emanuelson or Merkel.

For trequartista I want and expect Robinho. Zlatan is also a given. The battle is open between Pato and Cassano. Pato showed great urgency against Tottenham, and it is important he and Ibra get their act together. On the other hand Cassano was magical last weekend and it is important we use him when he can actually play, i.e. Serie A.

I want a positive reaction after the CL game. Hunger and domination. It shouldn't be too much to ask for, even though Chievo have been good at home.