Week 31: Milan - Bologna April 4 2022 20:45
Our defense wasn't that good actually. In fact, that was probably the most upsetting part. Bologna had a lot of good opportunities in the first half but couldn't convert. They bypassed our press very well. I think this shows that even though Kessie is leaving, we need to start him. Whether it is as a CAM or in the double pivot, he needs to be on the pitch.
I blame our garish kits for this performance lol.
per l'amaro e il dolce
Our last 2 games : 54 shots at goal, 13 on target,  1 goal scored.
Messias was (and has been) absolute trash. Keep this guy away from the field. Also, Rebic seems to have been eating lunch at the Saele-Messias table. So rusty and useless.

Anyway, we have been shit in the final 3rd for most of this season. We need to stop talking about CBs, and vice this, and vice that. Fuk that. Get some wingers and attacking midfielders. We are so frenetic and just all over the place when we get close to goal, it's crazy. It's full on panic mode. Every time.

Also...wtf did we take out Giroud and keep Diaz in for? Wtf is Pioli thinking sometimes? Has this man EVER changed the formation during a game? It's always like for like substitutions. And then we played the last 10+ minutes by trying to cross the ball on every attack. Well, then leave fuking Giroud in the game along with Zlatan and take little useless midget muther fuker Diaz OUT!!! If your plan is to cross the ball in with every attack, what the fuk is the point of Diaz in the game????

Fuking incredible. Shit show. Can't beat scrubs like Bologna at San siro to save out life!
Diaz
Messias
Saelemaekers

Any team with those three does not deserve to win anything. The fact that Milan are currently top with those jokers shows the pitiful quality of Serie A.

3 goals in last 6 games.
(04-05-2022, 10:15 AM)Zio Fester Wrote: Diaz
Messias
Saelemaekers

Any team with those three does not deserve to win anything. The fact that Milan are currently top with those jokers shows the pitiful quality of Serie A.

3 goals in last 6 games.

+1

add one thing, this is Piolis defeat , IMO. His substitutuins sucked. Introducing Kessie when u are 20 min off time, and u need to win, is a jackass move. Leaving clueless Brahim for 99 min on the pitch  Huh
(04-05-2022, 12:02 PM)Artan Wrote: +1

add one thing, this is Piolis defeat , IMO. His substitutuins sucked. Introducing Kessie when u are 20 min off time, and u need to win, is a jackass move. Leaving clueless Brahim for 99 min on the pitch  Huh

I agree he has to tske some responsibility here. I always say the players are the ones that play. At the end of the day, we just lack quality up front. We shoukd have finished of AT LEAST ONE of our countless attacks. But we shit the bed every time we get near an opponent's goal. So for that, the players are to blame. 

With that being said, Pioli did not change the game. And this is what he needs to do with substitutions. Instead, his changes are very often like for like. And again, he refused to go ALL OUT for the win. Taking Giroud out and replacing him with Ibra showed us that. He wanted to win, of course. But also had 1 eye on the draw. He didn't wanna risk too much as it would have meant replacing a midfielder or even a defender with a striker. 

It is what it is. We know we pack quality in attack. Hopefully that's addressed over the summer. But until then, we have 7 games and we need to grind out wins. We are still ahead and in control of our own destiny. Naturally and realisticallyI doubt anyone will win all the remaining 7 games. Although it's really really frustrating that we keep dropping points against smaller sides. Maybe it's good that we still have Atalanta, Lazio and Fiorentina to play. We seem to be doing better vs top half teams anyway.
Nefremo, in a real world where, Juventus would be on the line to fight for the title,a stronger Merda with a better coach given the depth and the roster quality they have, strong capital teams, WE would not even be in position to fight for the title, given that we are a group of " scratches" form here and there. Stefano did a great job so far, making us win games, play som entertaining games throughout the season espec. when facing the bigger clubs in the league. But, what hurts, is that we are in position to win something after a decade, and when called into action against teams of the lower part of the table, we suck big time.I dont get how can a team beat Inter and Napoli to draw against minnows like Bologna, Udinese...hell, idont really cope with this. Honestly i am more worried when facing Crotone than Juventus. And yes, i dont dream of winning the title, for me its still a satisfaction if we qualfy for the CL next year again. I know what we went through past decade, and i am happy in the first line that we are able to be in the race for silverware.

Speaking as a fan living the momentum, if Pioli had balls he would have gone for all or nothing last night. Having both Zlatan and Giroud for 15-20 mins, flanked by Leao and Rebic would have caused trouble in Bolognas backline, and possibly would have clinched a narrow win. One point one or less, doesnt mean much for me, since, it sends a strong signal to the remaining, that Milan are all in and will fight with all weapons for the tilte until the final minute of the final game of the season.
Here’s how I see it. We are in a rut and and will eventually come out of it. I see the same for players like Rebic and Leao. I have a feeling we will streak the last few games as it is too unbelievable to create this many chances against teams and not start scoring big numbers.

My main fault with Pioli was starting Diaz. We looked so unbalanced and prone to a lot of counter attacks. Going forward there really is only one way. Behind Giroud, we need to play Leao, Kessie and Rebic. Behind them our double pivot of Tonali and Benna. Should teams hunker down again, Ibra needs to play with Giroud.

Hopefully from the last 30 games Pioli has learned his lesson that Saele and Messias are not to be counted on for goals and Diaz doesn’t play a true #10. Field the strongest 11 and see where that takes you.
(04-05-2022, 04:46 PM)Artan Wrote: Nefremo, in a real world where, Juventus would be on the line to fight for the title,a stronger Merda with a better coach given the depth and the roster quality they have, strong capital teams, WE would not even be in position to fight for the title, given that we are a group of " scratches" form here and there. Stefano did a great job so far, making us win games, play som entertaining games throughout the season espec. when facing the bigger clubs in the league. But, what hurts, is that we are in position to win something after a decade, and when called into action against teams of the lower part of the table, we suck big time.I dont get how can a team beat Inter and Napoli to draw against minnows like Bologna, Udinese...hell, idont really cope with this. Honestly i am more worried when facing Crotone than Juventus. And yes, i dont dream of winning the title, for me its still a satisfaction if we qualfy for the CL next year again. I know what we went through past decade, and i am happy in the first line that we are able to be in the race for silverware.

Speaking as a fan living the momentum, if Pioli had balls he would have gone for all or nothing last night. Having both Zlatan and Giroud for 15-20 mins, flanked by Leao and Rebic would have caused trouble in Bolognas backline, and possibly would have clinched a narrow win. One point one or less, doesnt mean much for me, since, it sends a strong signal to the remaining, that Milan are all in and will fight with all weapons for the tilte until the final minute of the final game of the season.

To be clear, I am in no way excusing Pioli from this result. I said as much. I don't agree with his substitutions. He should have changed the game and hos substitutions didn't.  But on the whole, he's done a good job. 

In any case, I think it's a bit unfair to say that where we are in the table, has to do with failures of others. We all play in the same league, against the same opposition. Milan, Inter, Juventus, etc. If we are 1 point ahead right now, it's due to us being better then them. When Juventus won 9 straight titles, nobody cared that the league was crap and Inter and Milan werr in their worse period in recent history. 

Not sure what you mean "in a real world". This IS the real world my friend. The table is real. It's as real now as it was 5 years ago. And there are never guarantees about tomorrow or what it'll look like next year. This is the hill we have to die on. Today. We battle today. Yesterday, we came up short. But there are 7 more games, and this team can do it. Regardless of what Juventus, Inter or Napoli do. We don't depend on any of them. We only depend on us. I will agree that Pioli came up short yesterday. So did the players. We'll see what happens going forward. But if we win this title, it'll be solely because of us and being better then the rest of the league. Not because the others failed.