Week 33: Milan - Genoa April 15 2022 21:00
(04-16-2022, 03:29 AM)honsano Wrote: I’m not sure I’d agree. I think our formation is problematic as Kessie is the CAM. That and Saele is just awful lately and Giroud isn’t interpreting his role as well. When we have a mobile striker that runs into the channels, we open up so much space. 

The more games I watch, the more misguided I think our approach for a target man CF is. We need to buy runners to press, runners to counter and people who can score goals. Screw trying to figure out a player that can break 0-10 formation. Also fork Botman. Just give Kalulu the gig.He is incredible.

Romagnoli is leaving, already agreed terms with Lazio. You think it is alright to go into a brand new season fighting on three fronts (CL, Seria A, Coppa) with just Tomori and Kalulu? Just two CBs for a whole season?

ps - not counting the broken down Kjaer.
Missed the game. Saw some highlights:

As an attacking force the team has fallen off a cliff. Struggle to get shots on goal. This has even going on for months and still Pioli does nothing, plays the same tired formation and players.

Saelemaekers is beyond awful. Constant, Birsa etc were geniuses compared to this imposter of a footballer. Just sell him in the summer as its embarrassing seeing him on the pitch.
Nothing wrong with the system IMO, we simply lack quality players up front.
If can have a mercato signing a quality RW, AMC and a mobile strikers this team can do miracles. The core of the team is great, only a few signings and experience away from being a real top quality team again.
Solid and very important win. This game has been the mirror of the whole season, indicating our weaknesses in terms of AMC, RW and lack of depth in CF and CB positions.

Someone has to talk with AS56. He is trying things, he has a great work rate but I think he is not relaxed and under a great pressure, leading to these bad performances. Overall he is not mentally and technically ready for starting lineup 

Kessie is having his worst season and I do not understand how is going to get his 7-8 millions…Diaz is also no alternative and now Pioli is forced to play a mix of 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1..

Giroud seems to be out of form in the last games…unfortunately there is no reliable solution behind

Gabbia has been ok, but such mistakes at the end of first half and in the second would be fatal against an opponent with quality upfront.

On the other hand we achieved to create a very solid core around Maignan, Kalulu, Tomori, Tonali, Bennacer, Theo, Leao and need quality.

Let’s get the best out of this season! Forza Milan!
Curva Sud was amazing yesterday. They made us all sing with them, especially the last song bashing Inter for 10 minutes, losing our voices ! Ahah

The atmosphere was again hot, thanks to the "family day" and its low prices. 70K people !

About the game, it's obvious from the stands that Saelemakers can't do anything unfortunately, he lost so many balls. Everything's done on our left side, and Saelemakers, though totally alone on the right flank sometimes, his partners just don't give him the ball anymore.

Kalulu is a beast.
Leao when he wants is a beast.
Giroud, who really seems to be a good guy, loving the club and the fans, isn't good enough.
Rebic moves so much more, and when he came in, our attacking game plan changed : no more high balls (with only Giroud able to take them), just combinations between players, even Ballo-Toure looked averagely good as a LW.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(04-16-2022, 01:43 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Curva Sud was amazing yesterday. They made us all sing with them, especially the last song bashing Inter for 10 minutes, losing our voices ! Ahah

The atmosphere was again hot, thanks to the "family day" and its low prices. 70K people !

About the game, it's obvious from the stands that Saelemakers can't do anything unfortunately, he lost so many balls. Everything's done on our left side, and Saelemakers, though totally alone on the right flank sometimes, his partners just don't give him the ball anymore.

Kalulu is a beast.
Leao when he wants is a beast.
Giroud, who really seems to be a good guy, loving the club and the fans, isn't good enough.
Rebic moves so much more, and when he came in, our attacking game plan changed : no more high balls (with only Giroud able to take them), just combinations between players, even Ballo-Toure looked averagely good as a LW.

Sounds great and happy you experience a good atmosphere with a win.

Well yes, Saelemaekers is in a deep hole. He can't even do basic touches or passes little lone anything else. Is this 3 or 4 games now where he has sent the ball into the stands from close range ? 
He would of missed that goal Messias ended up scoring at the end too.
He is really out of his depth at Milan. I hope to see him  as a counterpart to bring in Parisi.
Hope everyone who celebrated Easter enjoyed it with their families
Messias is still slightly better than other options. He showed his drive in the finishes.