Week 35: Milan - Fiorentina May 1 2022 15:00
I will give som credit to Theos defensive game. He was outstanding. Some of his blocks and determination to win the ball was fantastic. He has been so reliable. This Theo would never had let Chiesa score his two goals last year.. Maybe he dont have quiet the same influence offensively, but the total package is more solid now. Love him.

Overall our defensive is just marvellous. Just 8 goals conceded in 2022. Second best to Liverpool in Europe. Tremendous!

My rating 1-10:

- Maignan: 7. Not much to do, but a stunning save on Cabral.
- Calabria: 6,5. Very solid defensively. Won a lot of tackles. Misses something further up the pitch.
- Tomori: 7. Rock solid.
- Kalulu:7. Rock solid.
- Theo: 7. One of his best matches defensively, unlucky not to score.
- Tonali: 7. Was everywhere. What a passion for the shirt! Bandiera.
- Kessie: 6,5. Solid game. Covered a lot of ground.
- Messias: 5. Poor.
- Diaz: 5. Wasted so many big chances with extremely poor passing. Shocking.
- Leao: 7. Got the goal, and should have had at least one more. Good match.
- Giroud: 5,5. Missed a sitter. Works hard, but looses the ball too often.

Rebic: 6,5. Back to his old self? He should definitely start as a RW against Verona.
Zlatan: 6. OK.
Krunic: 6,5. A lot of running and good pressing. Rather start him than Diaz or Kessie in the ACM.
Bennacer: Not enough time.

What a thriller this will be to the bitter end! I am pretty sure we can squeeze past Verona and Atalanta, but to be in a situation where we need to avoid defeat away to our nemesis Sassuolo will be to much to bear. Inter MUST lose some more points..

Forza Milan!
Something I just noticed, we have kept 7 clean sheets in the last 8 Serie A games. That's 1 goal allowed in 8 games combined! Holy moses, that's a tremendous record. And yet, despite our super defensive performance, Inter still has allowed one fewer goal than us on the season. This is a true clash of the titans for the Serie A title this year.
(05-02-2022, 01:43 AM)ACM1899 Wrote: I don't see the contact either. 

Did anyone mention this?

According to Law 14 in the Laws of the Game, if the ball has not touched another player during a penalty, you cannot play the ball again. If the ball did not touch any other player, you cannot score a goal if it rebounds off the post.

Yes this is true. It'd be like playing the ball off a corner flag to yourself from a corner kick and dribbling in. Problem here was that after the ball hit the post, it touched Udinese's GK, therefore making it playable for everyone, inlcuding Lautaro.

But it was a crap penalty. The contact, if it happened, was very minimal...but regardless, no camera angle could even prove it. Dzeko obviously exaggerated and dove and it was clear as day. So...referee called play on on the field, no replay proved him wrong 100%, therefore this was not "a clear and obvious error" which is the only time on-field decisions should be changed. It's just such bullshit. This has been happening all season long. It's very hard not to be sceptical about the legitimacy of what's happening in Serie A.
(05-02-2022, 08:38 AM)Bennacer Wrote: I will give som credit to Theos defensive game. He was outstanding. Some of his blocks and determination to win the ball was fantastic. He has been so reliable. This Theo would never had let Chiesa score his two goals last year.. Maybe he dont have quiet the same influence offensively, but the total package is more solid now. Love him.

Overall our defensive is just marvellous. Just 8 goals conceded in 2022. Second best to Liverpool in Europe. Tremendous!

My rating 1-10:

- Maignan: 7. Not much to do, but a stunning save on Cabral.
- Calabria: 6,5. Very solid defensively. Won a lot of tackles. Misses something further up the pitch.
- Tomori: 7. Rock solid.
- Kalulu:7.  Rock solid.
- Theo: 7. One of his best matches defensively, unlucky not to score.
- Tonali: 7. Was everywhere. What a passion for the shirt! Bandiera.
- Kessie: 6,5. Solid game. Covered a lot of ground.
- Messias: 5. Poor.
- Diaz: 5. Wasted so many big chances with extremely poor passing. Shocking.
- Leao: 7. Got the goal, and should have had at least one more. Good match.
- Giroud: 5,5. Missed a sitter. Works hard, but looses the ball too often.

Rebic: 6,5. Back to his old self? He should definitely start as a RW against Verona.
Zlatan: 6. OK.
Krunic: 6,5. A lot of running and good pressing. Rather start him than Diaz or Kessie in the ACM.
Bennacer: Not enough time.

What a thriller this will be to the bitter end! I am pretty sure we can squeeze past Verona and Atalanta, but to be in a situation where we need to avoid defeat away to our nemesis Sassuolo will be to much to bear. Inter MUST lose some more points..

Forza Milan!

+1

i would even try Rebic-Leao-and one of the deadwood behind Giroud from 1st min on
I think starting 2 deadwoods and then replace with Krunic and Rebic is ok.
- Save some energy
- Krunic & Rebic are better but far from perfect. Rebic should have scored twice, Maignan & Theo passes were excellent, especially Maignan's.

Rebic is only better than the deadwoods at surprise making so he should come as a surprise. The deadwoods now can't even make a surprise.
Diaz and Giroud were the worst players in this match by miles.

Rebic and Krunic are better players to start.
Reza, its time to open the verona matchday thread?
These days in between games take forever, cant think of anything else than Milan.

aka xudong