Week 1 Bologna - Milan August 21 2023 20:45CET
I am also optimistic about his (and our) season. My expectation for him this year is 20 Serie A goals. Anything less than that is underperformance. Mainly because he gets the chances and opportunities to have that many goals. But his finish let's him down many times. Hopefully that'll be corrected.

I did notice his built yesterday too. He seems to have bulked up. Bot a bad thing at all...ai just hope it doesn't take away his speed and most importantly, that 1st 2-3 meter explosiveness. That's the thing that sets him apart. He gets those 1st 2-3 steps on defenders and he is gone after that. There is no catching him. Many times, some of that goes away (or slows down) with muscle mass. Hopefully they know what they are doing at Milanello.
I think two things which are important about Leao in our last game. First, he rans a lot and Pioli confirmed it and happy about it, significant improvement from last year. It means, he gave all he had, he had nothing more to offer with respect of stamina. Second, I agree with nefremo, he could be much more useful to the team if he helped more defensively, tracked down to cover his side on the left something we could clearly see he did not do it well. Yes, it is almost a perfection if Leao managed to help to defend on the left side when we lost the ball. If he could be more lethal upfront, he is a perfect player on theĀ  attacking left.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
I stopped watching after 2nd goal so I can't give a good assessment about Leao defensive contribution. But I remember Leao has a run to follow a Bologna attacker to our penalty area, shoulder charged him, then left the next defending task to Theo.

Near the end of last season Leao also had a lot of defensive actions.

And Leao is lacking match fitness, I saw an highlight he hurt himself after kicking a ball Big Grin
(08-23-2023, 01:29 AM)nefremo Wrote: I did notice his built yesterday too. He seems to have bulked up. Bot a bad thing at all...ai just hope it doesn't take away his speed and most importantly, that 1st 2-3 meter explosiveness. That's the thing that sets him apart. He gets those 1st 2-3 steps on defenders and he is gone after that. There is no catching him. Many times, some of that goes away (or slows down) with muscle mass. Hopefully they know what they are doing at Milanello.

Pato comes to mind....
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!