Week 16: Salernitana - Milan January 4 2023 12:30
Early game for the first after World Cup break.

Ibra, Florenzi definitely out. Maignan out too. Krunic, Messias, Origi unlikely (according to what I see)

Salernitana were doing ok but didn't win the last 3 games before WC break.

Ole
Forza, Milan!!!
I'm watching the match against PSV.

55th minute and 0:3 already.

Our team are similar to Mirante, bad at all areas and look not ready / sharp.
Last WC break friendly and we are losing badly 3-0 to PSV. Without most of our best players this team is depressing.
Yeah, the team looked more lively in the last 25 min after some serious players subbed in.

Ballo-Toure attacked well, then he was hurt badly. Poor him.
(12-30-2022, 07:35 PM)reza Wrote: Last WC break friendly and we are losing badly 3-0 to PSV. Without most of our best players this team is depressing.

Fine as we are according to the management. 

Zlatan coming back will be a new signing etc etc
Terrible game today, one of the worst I’ve seen from Milan.

I really hope we play a 3 man midfield again at some point, it makes us much more stable. We did it a few times and we did good.
Zero point in playing CDK, Adli or Diaz. They don't offer anything. We were playing with a player less in both phases when one of them is on the field. If more than one, than forget it. We lose the midfield battle because they don't play in the midfield and we get outnumbered. And than we don't create anything in the final 3rd anyway. I know the idea would be to 'accept being outnumbered in th3 middle, attract numbers there from the defending team, and find a player (CDK, Adli, Diaz) in between the lines for a quick break and attack the final 3rd. But this is not happening. There is a breakdown. As a result, we also become very predictable. Even in a freaking friendly.

So, drop these 3. Don't force the issue. Play Vranckx and make a 3 man midfield. Runs from Tonali or Vranckx (or both) will occurr in between the lines. We are not going to relinquish the midfield in possession because we'll have numbers, we will be more solid defensively because of the 3 CMs, and we can even press better because Vranckx is better at this than the 3 I mentioned.

A solution must be found. This 4231, were the 1 is CDK or Diaz simply doesn't work currently. Weakens us defensively and fails to make things happen in attack. Persisting on this is madness at this point. We create very little. Never mind this PSV shitshow. It's just a friendly. I'm talking this entire fall season as well.
I've kept Adli out of this comment since he's not really played there (or anywhere, for that matter) much, so I won't judge. But the few times he's stepped in, he hasn't shown to be better than CDK/Diaz...so I'm not very hopeful.

Btw...to clarify, I'm not asking for us to get rid of these guys and sell them. They may need time to settle, grow, etc, you name it. But we don't have the time to wait. Games are going to come thick and fast, so we need solutions. That's the way things work.
I would play

GK

Calabria/Kalulu Kjaer Tomori Theo

Vranckx bennacer Tonali

CDK Giroud Leao

Strong midfield, protects our defence much better.
Cdk on the right, he does well there and it takes the pressure of him, not being in the center of attention. He is a quality player, we need to get him into form
If we want the scudetto, we can't make cdk,diaz,adli play. Sad yes but true it seems. Vranckx might still prove himself useful.

Our formation just can't be 4231 anymore. It has to be either 433 or 442 or 352 without those 3 guys. If we won't sign a RW this winter, my choice would be 3-5-2.