Milan - Inter Supercoppa Italiana January 18 2023 20:00CET
We all know what happened last time we lost 3-0 to Inter (in the Copa). Big Grin Let's hope for the same reaction.

On a more serious note, we need to sure up the defence. We can not keep conceding goals, going behind and chasing games. If it means defending in a low block for a few games, so be it. But we need to keep some clean sheets.
Dire. Disgusting. Disgraceful.

Travelled all the way to Saudi Arabia and played like that. Will Pioli get another tattoo on his arm?

Said it all along, Pioli is a mediocre journeyman coach who got lucky and won a league. Gets sacked at every club as performances go into freefall and he has no clue what to do.

All he does is play the same formation with the same players and his one sad innovation is to swap Messias for Saelemaekers and vice-versa.

He is going to get destroyed by Conte even with a mediocre Spurs team.

Even getting top 4 with this team under Pioli will be an achievement.
(01-18-2023, 09:58 PM)slifersd1 Wrote: Let's be real, Cardinale isn't watching nor does he know what he is looking at if he did. The dumb fuck probably is getting ready for the draft right now so he can do a photo op with our first round pick. Absolutely zero ambition from him so far. People talked mad shit about Elliott, and even they spent a whole lot more on the team than Cardinale

The American Younghong Li but broke. Every other owner who buys a club shows ambition and spends some money, Cardinale is so broke that only travelled to Italy once.

Does not watch games. Does not spend money. Elliot spent 70m in their first window while RedBroke have splashed 350k on a reserve GK and said no more.
I usually don't get too upset after games but this performance really is getting to me..

The culture at the club is off. Maybe it's the bankruptcy and really never having a long term owner etc but whatever it is they better fix it because it'll turn into another decade before we smell a title
(01-18-2023, 10:58 PM)ACM1899 Wrote: I usually don't get too upset after games but this performance really is getting to me..

The culture at the club is off. Maybe it's the bankruptcy and really never having a long term owner etc but whatever it is they better fix it because it'll turn into another decade before we smell a title

This is a classic case of a team starting to buy into their own hype. Front office went from doing hard and smart work to thinking "Maldini knows! He can sign anyone and make it work!"; Coaching staff thinks their system is the real deal and never needs to be tinkered; Players regressed and started looking like dog shit out there (hi Tomori!). We used to be able to count on the continuing growth of our players year over year to improve, who from last season actually took a step forward this year? Nobody I can think of. Meanwhile, quite a few of them took a noticeable step backwards.
Problem is there is no real competition for team places and hence no pressure to improve. Pioli plays the same core group every game, they know they will never be dropped so can coast or do the bare minimum.

Not one player has improved since last season or gone up to the next level.
Good to see Kjaer giving some honest truths:

"We have to look back, and apologise to the fans. We have to analyse this game and then start over, there’s no time to settle down but this game hurts.

The young players narrative is over. We have to grow up and take responsibility, we haven’t put out our identity and we have to learn."
(01-19-2023, 01:00 AM)Zio Fester Wrote: Good to see Kjaer giving some honest truths:

"We have to look back, and apologise to the fans. We have to analyse this game and then start over, there’s no time to settle down but this game hurts.

The young players narrative is over. We have to grow up and take responsibility, we haven’t put out our identity and we have to learn."

I respect kjaer but in all honesty I'm so sick of hearing these post game speeches. Put head down , get back to winning,  we will make the fans proud , blah blah blah. 

You players want us to move on? Beat Lazio and Sassuolo , nothing less than a draw against inter. This is proof that you guys are hungry to prove you are still in the race.
(01-18-2023, 11:46 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: Problem is there is no real competition for team places and hence no pressure to improve. Pioli plays the same core group every game, they know they will never be dropped so can coast or do the bare minimum.

Not one player has improved since last season or gone up to the next level.

Pioli needs to rotate players to keep them fresh and hungry.

But it's the same starting 8-9 nearly every game. Most changes involve the non-existent duo at RW, everyone else gets to start.

He needs  to be asked WHY no Adli,  not much Vranckx,  CDK benched for MR I show-up-every-3-months Diaz.
Again, is Adli TRULY that much worse that Pobega, Krunic? Maybe.

At this rate we'll sack Pioli at the end of the season and get Mazzari or some other  old Italian. 

I doubt we'd go after Tuchel or anyone else.
it gets worrying ....