FC Barcelona - AC Milan (Champions League Return game 12/03 20h45)
I'm disappointed. Either both the way we performed and finale result. But I realized how depth quality our squad are. Barcelona are an established machine while us started blooming the new era. However the Barca defeat on 1st stage past two weeks stolen the show which, I really was praising our boys' effort on the pitch though. Trying to keep the momentum, we lost it and it's not the time to crying for. We had a chance to break our worst record for the time being, wishing our Milan were going through but today's last result appearances showing 'regrouping/re-performing' of standard level of European campaign we should aim to, particularly in upcoming future.

Still, head-to-head records in Barcelona favors, quite given my hat off they have respected us, as a threatening unit to alert of.

(03-13-2013, 03:28 AM)honsano Wrote: Barca's achilles is the gilt edged chances they provide opponents. If you bury your 100% chances, they look lost. If you don't they attack attack attack until they score.

Like other said, we started an 18 and a 20 y/o in attack. Pressure certainly got to them but the future will be our reward with them.

I want Barca next year. Play us when we got Balotelli ready to start against them. Nuff said.

Forza Mario, Forza Milan. Shake it off and let's get 2nd place!

If we had Balotelli he'd bury the ball and valdes in the net at least twice yesterday for how open barca was playing.
I'm a bit disappointed with this result, I expected more after 2:0 win. But,...

We played against the best team in the world, a team that's worth 20 times more, and yet we are a team in transition left without 14 players, including three best players.
So, 2:0 win gives me hope that there is much to come from this Milan, no matter we lost 0:4 last night.

I will not piss on Allegri and the lads here, it would be ungrateful.
I'd just like to comment on few things...

First, I'd like to ask Allegri why Muntari was left out. Seriously, he was out best and most important player in the first game, and MUCH of our great defensive play was on his shoulders, as his "easy" marking of Xavi was brilliant.
Not only that Muntari was left out, but Allegri decided not mark Xavi this time, which was a strange decision because that tactics worked great in the first game. Had he thought that Xavi will not start, or is rusty, or he thought that we will score a goal and the tie will be over?!
I mean playing Niang instead of Robinho might be bad choice, but it's his choice and I applaud him for having balls to do that, but to play Flamini instead of Muntari was a criminal choice really.

Second, Ambrosini should make everyone a favor and hang up his boots. I respect Ambrosini for his will and his loyalty, but in reality we kept the worst of all veterans we had last season. Ambrosini always seemed to have a pair of shovels instead of a pair of legs, as he could miscontrol even easiest balls passed to him, but now that's even more evident since he's old, and honestly I believe that his first touch is worst in our whole roster. Last night he gave away 5 or 6 balls in front of our box because of that.

As for Barcelona, I must say I'm not impressed at all. Take away Messi and they wont win anything, ever. Take away Iniesta with him and you have an average team really.
It was shameful for a team that's labeled as one of the best ever to lose against a team like current Milan like they lost in the first game.
(03-13-2013, 09:45 AM)Revolver Wrote: Second, Ambrosini should make everyone a favor and hang up his boots. I respect Ambrosini for his will and his loyalty, but in reality we kept the worst of all veterans we had last season. Ambrosini always seemed to have a pair of shovels instead of a pair of legs, as he could miscontrol even easiest balls passed to him, but now that's even more evident since he's old, and honestly I believe that his first touch is worst in our whole roster. Last night he gave away 5 or 6 balls in front of our box because of that.

I tend to think like you since ... the beginning.

But Ambro has been there for so much time, and was our captain, so it was logical not to keep Van Bommel for example (no history in our club) or Gattuso (not our captain) and instead, keep Ambro, even if the others were better. That's just for the message sent to the other players. That's the way I understand that.

The problem is that the guy can only play one game every 2 weeks (and once in a while, he plays well), and Allegri surely made a mistake by using him in Genoa for example.

I also think Nesta could have done one more year with us, by being used properly (not playing every game) ...
He could have learned so many things to De Sciglio, Constant, or even Zapata (Mexes is a lost cause, as well as Yepes, Bonera or Antonini). He could have been our chief in big games like that, what Ambro struggles to be sometimes (he should have been the one kicking the ass of our players after the first goal and asking them to play some serious football, especially behind).
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
..Dodgy..so AC Milan just came to Camp Nou 4-Nothing...?...Angry
(03-13-2013, 10:07 AM)tello Wrote: ..Dodgy..so AC Milan just came to Camp Nou 4-Nothing...?...Angry

Where the hell are you after 1st leg, fucking midget asshole?
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(03-13-2013, 09:56 AM)GeoTav Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 09:45 AM)Revolver Wrote: Second, Ambrosini should make everyone a favor and hang up his boots. I respect Ambrosini for his will and his loyalty, but in reality we kept the worst of all veterans we had last season. Ambrosini always seemed to have a pair of shovels instead of a pair of legs, as he could miscontrol even easiest balls passed to him, but now that's even more evident since he's old, and honestly I believe that his first touch is worst in our whole roster. Last night he gave away 5 or 6 balls in front of our box because of that.

I tend to think like you since ... the beginning.

But Ambro has been there for so much time, and was our captain, so it was logical not to keep Van Bommel for example (no history in our club) or Gattuso (not our captain) and instead, keep Ambro, even if the others were better. That's just for the message sent to the other players. That's the way I understand that.

The problem is that the guy can only play one game every 2 weeks (and once in a while, he plays well), and Allegri surely made a mistake by using him in Genoa for example.

I also think Nesta could have done one more year with us, by being used properly (not playing every game) ...
He could have learned so many things to De Sciglio, Constant, or even Zapata (Mexes is a lost cause, as well as Yepes, Bonera or Antonini). He could have been our chief in big games like that, what Ambro struggles to be sometimes (he should have been the one kicking the ass of our players after the first goal and asking them to play some serious football, especially behind).

Ok, fair point, if we should keep one player, then that should be the captain. Logical.

This doesn't belong to the topic, but I will write it anyway, since I'm not so active lately in most topics...

I really don't know who made decision for Ambrosini to be our captain, and why.

Ambrosini was always a bench player in our team. Since he joined in 1997 he was on the bench. Capello favored Maini instead of him, Zaccheroni favored Albertini and others, C. Maldini favored Giunti and Kaladze, Terim again Albertini... The first time he played a more prominent role is in 2007 (10 years after he joined the first team), and that was only because he fitted so well into Ancelotti's Christmas Tree, a system that was "invented" because Seedorf lost his legs, and didn't defend so much, and we were lacking a pair of strikers in CL.
But, even if we forget all that, Ambrosini was never a captain material. He was never so vocal, not in the dressing room, and certainly not on the pitch, and he was never influential player in Milan. All he has is will and play-by-example attitude.

I don't know any Milan fan that expected him to be our captain, I surely wasn't, I was sure that once Maldini retires Gattuso will be our captain.
I could only guess that Leonardo influenced Galliani to make Ambrosini a captain and not Gattuso.
Thumbs Up 
BTW, how many of you recalled the moment when our legendary Pato scored from similaar sort of chance that Niang missed last season in group stages? I bet Pato would have been a better option for such kind of game. Undecided
Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
(03-13-2013, 01:58 PM)mzk57 Wrote: BTW, how many of you recalled the moment when our legendary Pato scored from similaar sort of chance that Niang missed last season in group stages? I bet Pato would have been a better option for such kind of game. Undecided

Who ? The boy who spends more time injured in the stands (actually, not even in the stands to watch his partners) ?
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(03-13-2013, 01:58 PM)mzk57 Wrote: BTW, how many of you recalled the moment when our legendary Pato scored from similaar sort of chance that Niang missed last season in group stages? I bet Pato would have been a better option for such kind of game. Undecided

Oh, just shut the fuck up.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!