Serie A Week 2: Milan - Cagliari, San Siro, September 1, 2013, CET 21:45
The match is tomorrow, at the usual UCL time (for me, it is 2:45PM EST). What do you guys think? I feel that we can bounce back well from our first week loss at Verona, and maybe Astori will score for both teams, then Birsa will come in to the match at 85' and score two goals for Milan.

Milan 3 - 1 Cagliari
Astori (1', o.g), Astori (10'), Birsa (87'), Birsa (90').

I don't know which team Astori will play for, but it doesn't matter.

Quote:Matri and Birsa in Milan squad
Saturday August 31 2013
By Football Italia staff

Alessandro Matri and Valter Birsa are already in the Milan squad to face Cagliari tomorrow evening.

Matri arrived from Juventus on Thursday and is given the Number 9 jersey.

Birsa only completed his transfer this evening, coming from Genoa in a straight swap with Luca Antonini.

The midfielder will wear jersey 14.

Milan squad for Cagliari: Abbiati, Amelia, Coppola, Abate, Constant, Mexes, Silvestre, Zaccardo, Zapata, Birsa, Cristante, De Jong, Emanuelson, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli, Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Matri, Niang, Robinho

http://www.football-italia.net/38988/mat...ilan-squad (thanks to Warro Bantan)
aka xudong
There is something I must miss ...
The whole "last week was the end of the last season, the new season starts against Cagliari" is already a very bad excuse to explain the defeat against Verona, but now, in this "new season", we're changing the system despite the fact we still didn't get the players we need to change this system ?!

It looks like tonight, we're going to play with 2 strikers (likely Balo and Matri) and a trequartista (likely Monto, even if I'd prefer to see ELS there) ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
It will be interesting if Matri scores Big Grin

Without the CL-burden, hope that we can see the true Milan this match
It's interesting that it will probably be his first official match for his new club, which is also his first club, against the club which made him rise to fame.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(09-01-2013, 11:08 AM)Aficio Wrote: It will be interesting if Matri scores Big Grin

It will be more interesting if Birsa scores. Diablotin

We still do need a decent ACM. Montolivo is NOT the player; and I do agree El Shaarawy can be tried. Dodgy Does Allegri seriously believe that Montolivo can work? Huh
aka xudong
(09-01-2013, 04:07 PM)xudong Wrote:
(09-01-2013, 11:08 AM)Aficio Wrote: It will be interesting if Matri scores Big Grin

It will be more interesting if Birsa scores. Diablotin

We still do need a decent ACM. Montolivo is NOT the player; and I do agree El Shaarawy can be tried. Dodgy Does Allegri seriously believe that Montolivo can work? Huh

Robinho is also a decent ACM. And we still have Honda & Kaka to... hope. Big Grin
(09-01-2013, 11:16 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: It's interesting that it will probably be his first official match for his new club, which is also his first club, against the club which made him rise to fame.

Okmilan
Robinho on the field, Shaarawy on the bench, i don't believe that Alregri can be stupid, and put on the bench one of ours best player :S
Arrival of Matri could be to take off expectations for SES. Now he's not one of our best players; he's only a youngster who can develop into one of our or world's best players if properly developed. And I like that.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(09-01-2013, 05:32 PM)Aficio Wrote:
(09-01-2013, 04:07 PM)xudong Wrote: It will be more interesting if Birsa scores. Diablotin

Robinho is also a decent ACM. And we still have Honda & Kaka to... hope. Big Grin

True. I don't know how I forgot about him. Devilol Don't tell my ACM buddy, he will be upset. :d

On a different but related topic, if we do switch to 4-3-1-2, where will El Shaarawy play? It would be awkward for him now we signed Matri.
aka xudong
(09-01-2013, 05:50 PM)Rosson3r Wrote: Robinho on the field, Shaarawy on the bench, i don't believe that Alregri can be stupid, and put on the bench one of ours best player :S

I hope that doesn't mean they will do a last minute move for ELS ...
The fact we change the formation (where ELS needs to learn as his role will totally change), the fact ELS said we don't need new striker, the fact we got Matri a few hours later, and the fact that Robinho could be used tonight instead of ELS ...

I'm a bit afraid and hope nothing of that kind will happen before the end of this mercato !!
(09-01-2013, 06:08 PM)xudong Wrote:
(09-01-2013, 05:32 PM)Aficio Wrote: Robinho is also a decent ACM. And we still have Honda & Kaka to... hope. Big Grin

True. I don't know how I forgot about him. Devilol Don't tell my ACM buddy, he will be upset. :d

On a different but related topic, if we do switch to 4-3-1-2, where will El Shaarawy play? It would be awkward for him now we signed Matri.

He could be used as the trequartista or as one of the strikers ... But do Allegri and our management think the same thing ?
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !