Poll: Who will progress to the quarterfinal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Colombia
100.00%
6 100.00%
Uruguay
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

R16: Colombia - Uruguay (June 28, 2014 - 22:00 CET)
Here we have the second of the two round of 16 matches on Saturday being contested between two South American teams. Support will be plenty for both teams but I believe that Colombia will have too much quality for the Suarez-less Uruguay team who has been given a four month ban (I heard from a friend..don't quote me). Colombia has been absolutely scintillating so far, scoring 9 goals in their 3 group matches.

More news to follow as the day draws near!
Siamo a posto cosi.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/w...es-3766437

Suarez has been banned for 9 OFFICIAL International matches with immediate effect, meaning he will not play vs Colombia.
He has also been banned from all football activities inculding training for four months
an appeal by Uruguay FA is allowed by FIFA rules, but it won't affect the decision in this world cup, or atleast not this week...

Pretty much deserves it.

Back on topic, as an Italy fan.. I hope Colombia actually rape Uruguay, and they can Big Grin
This is already the severest punishment handed out by FIFA, I believe. The other one was given to our own Tassotti in 1994, also 9 matches iirc.

Good decision, though I was hoping for it to be the maximum allowed, which is 24 matches, or even lifetime ban, but I guess they took Liverpool into account.
aka xudong
[Image: 10338690_10202782684782982_8470330881879174938_n.jpg]
Columbia is probably laughing their ass off right now, but they have to watch out for Uruguay. They are a pack of wounded animals, and I bet that they will fight tooth (pun intended) and nail. Grinundwech
aka xudong
Regardless of Uruaguay and Suarez's situation, I'm totally for Columbia on this one. They are looking better and better and are genuinely a scary outfit to face.
Along with Netherlands, Columbia held the biggest goal difference record in the first round, which is quite surprisning at least for me because Yepes-Zapata partnership doesn't exactly exude confidence. I guess their performances in Milan shirt clouded my judgement. Cuadrado and Rodriguez might have ran circles around the Japanese and Greek defenses but from Montero to Lugano to Godin, Uruguay are known for their tough as nail defenders.
per l'amaro e il dolce
Heart 
[Image: 241113-0-600.jpg] [Image: 241079-0-600.jpg]
Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
No Falcao, no Suarez - balances out each other, so fair contest IMO.

I vote for Colombia though; the main reason is my disgust to Suarez's disgraceful act - and also because they knocked out two teams that I actually liked.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(06-27-2014, 06:21 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: No Falcao, no Suarez - balances out each other, so fair contest IMO.

I vote for Colombia though; the main reason is my disgust to Suarez's disgraceful act - and also because they knocked out two teams that I actually liked.

You actually liked England? DevilumpfAktion060WthU31

Icon_lol2

Speaking of which, have you guys realized that the two teams that have done really well, France and Columbia, have both lost their #1 star before the WC? I wonder if it was coincidental or the absences of Ribery/Falcao actually did France/Columbia a service.
aka xudong