AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Vincenzo Montella’s dismissal from Milan could mean the end for Nikola Kalinic too, amid reports Guangzhou Evergrande want him in January."

Big Grin
(11-28-2017, 07:26 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, not for the first time, Modric likes official AC Milan instagram posts. Including one about Gattuso now. We should sign him for sure Big Grin

I was banging the Modric drum so many years ago..but now he's 32 so let's please not be signing players on the decline to long-term contracts.
(11-28-2017, 10:45 PM)drucurl Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys

Let's get Pato Big Grin

Couldn't do worse than Kalinic...
(11-28-2017, 10:53 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]"Vincenzo Montella’s dismissal from Milan could mean the end for Nikola Kalinic too, amid reports Guangzhou Evergrande want him in January."

Big Grin

YES PLEASE!!! Sell him and Biglia then bring in Goretska and Badelj.
(11-28-2017, 11:01 PM)Mystik Wrote: [ -> ]I was banging the Modric drum so many years ago..but now he's 32 so let's please not be signing players on the decline to long-term contracts.

it would be Fassobelli channeling their inner Galliani
(11-28-2017, 11:37 PM)porcho Wrote: [ -> ]YES PLEASE!!! Sell him and Biglia then bring in Goretska and Badelj.

Goretzka would be a very good signing.
(11-28-2017, 11:01 PM)Mystik Wrote: [ -> ]I was banging the Modric drum so many years ago..but now he's 32 so let's please not be signing players on the decline to long-term contracts.

Modric's being 32 matters less because of the type of player he is and his position....than say a cf or a winger. modric was always slow AF so as long as he's fit to run for 90 minutes I'd welcome him with open arms.

Of course I said the same thing about Biglia Wallbang
Modric is on an entirely different level than Biglia ever was tbh, he will retire a great player.

Biglia was relatively unpopular for most of his career, having moved from an average side like Anderlecht at 25/26. Played for Lazio, another just over mid-table/europa league contending club. He did well because he was given faith & leadership with a lot less pressure. He was still a good player nonetheless, I don't only want to bash him but he's never been anywhere near Modric
(11-29-2017, 03:43 AM)drucurl Wrote: [ -> ]Modric's being 32 matters less because of the type of player he is and his position....than say a cf or a winger. modric was always slow AF so as long as he's fit to run for 90 minutes I'd welcome him with open arms.

Of course I said the same thing about Biglia Wallbang

(11-30-2017, 07:35 AM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]Modric is on an entirely different level than Biglia ever was tbh, he will retire a great player.

Biglia was relatively unpopular for most of his career, having moved from an average side like Anderlecht at 25/26. Played for Lazio, another just over mid-table/europa league contending club. He did well because he was given faith & leadership with a lot less pressure. He was still a good player nonetheless, I don't only want to bash him but he's never been anywhere near Modric

Spot on, both posts.

Any possibility of getting Modric should be exploited. 

I've never been fully convinced by Biglia tbh. I remember arguing the fact that he is technically not good enough and not the highly tecnical mid we needed...at the same time being just an average/slightly above average player. This was a couple of years ago (2-3) after his name kept coming up. Then, last season he had somewhat of a "breakout season" and over the summer I warmed up of the idea. His performance vs Bayern in the summer was impressive and I was thinking "if he can do that all the time, he will be important". Too bad that he's gone back to being just average. Hopefully he'll pick it up and find his form from last year.
I think whether we should go after Modric depends entirely on the vision of this team. Though we are not performing as well as we want, this team is fairly young with many of the core players in their early 20s. As such, this team is unlikely to peak and reach championship level for at least a couple more years. Given that Modric is already 32, his timeline might not mesh well with the current core. If, of course, we want to change course and start recruiting players who are at the peak already like Aubameyang, then getting Modric would make perfect sense.