AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Winter transfer window 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-25-2018, 10:29 PM)nefremo Wrote: [ -> ]That's easy....Kalinic. Barely scores 10 goals per season, yet for some reason he is rated and we had no problem spending money on him  Sagrin

He was right there in front of my eyes Big Grin
Kalinic only has one more goal than Matri
(01-26-2018, 01:46 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: [ -> ]Kalinic only has one more goal than Matri

And the same as Belotti
"Juventus could close a deal for Genoa youngster Pietro Pellegri today."

https://www.football-italia.net/116192/p...ntus-today
A little disappointing to miss out on him, but with all that's going on with us it's normal this takes a back seat. Plus, those figures are pretty insane for a 16 year old whose top flight experience is still very limited.
10M upfront for one of the biggest talent in Italy is not a lot given the current state of transfer market. If he turns out to even be a Kalinic level player, he'd be worth well over 30M given his youth alone. I recall reports saying we had a deal for him agreed in the summer for over 20M. I think this could be a big time miss on our part, and especially hurtful is that it is for a position of need for us as well.
Very disappointing to miss out on this kid, especially after all the meetings and talks that went on last summer. We even met with his agent this winter too, right?

I agree with Slifersd.....the price may seem crazy, but the potential reward outweighs the risk by a long mile. 

Anyway, we are clearly not in a position to "lock" 30mil on our accounts for someone that won't contribute immediately. I wish things were different and we could take a shot at this kid...but they are not and I understand and even agree with the fact that if we currently invest, it needs to be for someone that can help now or next season.
I think it would be really helpful for management to be a little transparent on what their strategy is at this point. If we are focusing on the future, then going all in with whatever funds we have available for Pellegri and players like that is the right way to go. If we are trying to win now, then we need to get as much help with our starting 11 and rotation as we can. Right now, we just seem to be in a holding pattern. We are not adding to our first team, and we are not building much of a base for our youth either.
Now they say
€22m + bonuses + percentage of future fee ... to Monaco
(01-26-2018, 09:22 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Now they say
€22m + bonuses + percentage of future fee ... to Monaco

When will the rumor that he is joining us start to surface then? Grinundwech