AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Winter transfer window 2018 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Winter transfer window 2018 (/showthread.php?tid=1510)

RE: Winter transfer window 2018 - reza - 12-22-2017

Quote:Russia striker Fyodor Smolov: "I would accept any offer from Milan. I still have a great desire to play in Europe. Something to happen in the summer or in the winter window? It depends on the offers, I am open to negotiate. I am a massive Milan fan. The much money spent in the transfer market? It would have been better to sign me. They signed many players but I doubt that everyone of them is of high quality. I would accept immediately any offer from Milan. I am also ready to accept a lower salary, it's my dream since I was a child. I remember that Shevchenko once came to Moscow to meet with Dinamo's Voronin and I had to beg to take a picture with him." [Sports.ru]

Thanks to Milan Eye On FB for translation

RE: Winter transfer window 2018 - ZvonimirBoban - 12-22-2017

Who the fuck is this guy?

RE: Winter transfer window 2018 - Sampinjon - 12-22-2017

I think that's one who said he would play for Manchester United for 0 salary.

RE: Winter transfer window 2018 - AC_Troy - 12-22-2017

Smolov is a good player

RE: Winter transfer window 2018 - Jay Crisp - 12-22-2017

(12-22-2017, 12:29 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: Smolov is a good player

He has been for the last 2 seasons , shit the 7 seasons before that.He also is good in Russia but needs lots and lots and lots of space.He would be a pointless signing.Italian defences will eat him up.It really would not be a wise move.

RE: Winter transfer window 2018 - nefremo - 12-22-2017

I have no idea who this guy is so can't comment.

On the other hand, we have been linked to Jankto again. Honestly, every time I see him, I see an average player. Works hard, runs a lot, combines physicality with decent technique...but nothing special. Can't see what more he'll add other then just another rotation option. What we need in the midfield is someone able to take over games and control them, create, set up attacks, able to play under pressure and not lose the ball when things get tough. Jankto is not that and never will be from what I've seen. Until we are able to sign a player like that, we might as well save our money.

RE: Winter transfer window 2018 - AC_Troy - 12-22-2017

(12-22-2017, 06:45 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: He has been for the last 2 seasons , shit the 7 seasons before that.He also is good in Russia but needs lots and lots and lots of space.He would be a pointless signing.Italian defences will eat him up.It really would not be a wise move.

No, we shouldn't sign him..  but I like what he said.  Sounds like he has more passion for the shirt than most of our team

RE: Winter transfer window 2018 - slifersd - 12-22-2017

I don't know if our problem is with players having or not having passion for this team. The reality of it is, players are employees of the company, and what we do as a company takes a huge toll on how the employees view their life and how they perform at their jobs. Think about this, if the company you are working for is going into bankruptcy and the upper management is too busy shredding papers in their offices instead of trying to save the business, would you give your job 100% of your effort or would you be busy looking for another job online? We have recycled through a boat load of players over the last few years, and I have a really hard time believing all of them are just unmotivated idiots who don't care about the team.

The one thing I really don't like about this current regime is all the secrecy surrounding it. Till this day, we still do not have any clue who Yonghong is, what he does and what his business plan actually is. We keep hearing and reading rumors from all sorts of different sources, but we never get any clarity from management. If I was a player, I would probably be wondering if my employer is actually the League of Shadows or something. It is hard to have a team united and focused on just winning when the company culture is like this. Sure, Yonghong shouldn't have to show everyone his bank statement to prove anything, but a little more clarify on who he is and what he does can help settle down the team and allow them to block out the bullshit noise from the media. I think this is also part of the reason UEFA gives us such a hard time with the FFP stuff. Looking at this team, it is almost impossible for anyone to tell if we are going to be the next PSG or Parma.

RE: Winter transfer window 2018 - WCmilan - 12-23-2017

(12-22-2017, 07:02 PM)nefremo Wrote: I have no idea who this guy is so can't comment.

On the other hand, we have been linked to Jankto again. Honestly, every time I see him, I see an average player. Works hard, runs a lot, combines physicality with decent technique...but nothing special. Can't see what more he'll add other then just another rotation option. What we need in the midfield is someone able to take over games and control them, create, set up attacks, able to play under pressure and not lose the ball when things get tough. Jankto is not that and never will be from what I've seen. Until we are able to sign a player like that, we might as well save our money.

Don't know why we sold Kucka if we're looking at this guy frankly he seems a very similar player.

RE: Winter transfer window 2018 - Jay Crisp - 12-23-2017

(12-23-2017, 08:10 AM)WCmilan Wrote: Don't know why we sold Kucka if we're looking at this guy frankly he seems a very similar player.

Jankto is actually talented and a decade younger.Far far better going forward and can play as a winger.He's not that similar IMO.He's prob better now , and will het better.But can we afford him.