I agree with you, that's why Milan should get someone who is better and can afford more. Honda was available for 25 mil, but I think his price will drop. Not to the level of Montolivo but I doubt he will cost double Montolivo amount while being twice as good as him.
I don't know with Honda if he is what we do need for the creative midfielder. Honda is a player with skill, fast and hardworking but I am not sure if he could be our creative midfielder. If we get him to play in Boateng's position I agree but not for creative spot in the midfield. Honda could also feature behind Bommel (Gattuso's position) but I doubt Bommel stamina can cover two holes left by our sided-central midfielders (left CM and Honda).
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
agree with siregar
honda isnt a creative mid
he's just a skillfull mid
Pastore 43 mil euros by PSG? WOW. They do have money!!!
Btw if a player played in qualification games in CL, will he be cup-tied if he moves to other club?
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
07-30-2011, 11:14 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2011, 11:16 AM by Gabriel426.)
I think Honda wil do well in all the midfield spots in Milan, he is not the Pirlo type of creative player rather he is a better and more offensive version of Boateng. IMO, I really don't want Pirlo or Slowdorf type of Mids in Milan anymore, as the game is all about speed and how quick you move the ball from your own half to the other 1/3. Unless u are a team like Barca who got about 4 play makers on the team while also can beat defenders with their dribbles.
I have this conversation with Dev a few weeks back about Honda, his impact won't be like Hernanes for Lazio but certainly is a huge upgrade to the current Milan Mid.
If a player played in the qualification of CL, he is cup tied.
Honda can be a mezz'ala for us. He is good at attacking and can defend. IMO, LCM doesn't really need to be creative like Pirlo or Seedorf. With good passing and vision, a player can play there, and I think Honda is more than enough. He can connect the mid to the att with both his passing and his dribbling skill.
Linked with Thiago Motta now as Gasperini has unresolved issues with him..and he's in our price range apparently that beastly 6-10 million fee..it's on football -Italia and yesterday or today's gazzetta .No need for that we have plenty of uncreative CB to play his role of giving the ball away cheaply..don't think it will happen by the by.
(07-30-2011, 12:01 PM)Aficio Wrote: Honda can be a mezz'ala for us. He is good at attacking and can defend. IMO, LCM doesn't really need to be creative like Pirlo or Seedorf. With good passing and vision, a player can play there, and I think Honda is more than enough. He can connect the mid to the att with both his passing and his dribbling skill.
I don't think Honda has vision, the requirement you mentioned above. Honda is more of offensive player IMO and has no vision and creativity, that's why I think he could not play there except we have one player who has vision in midfield. If we have Pirlo as deep-lying playmaker, Honda could work but with Bommel playing there, we will still lack of creativity or vision in the midfield. Bommel alone is not enough since he is not really creative and posses almost ability to dictate the game (he could open the play when we got ball in the midfield but it is still not enough IMO).
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
I think you are underestimating Honda by stating he has no vision and creativity. He is miles ahead of Aqualini and is a much better player than Montolivo. It is true that he is not a Pirlo, Xavi type of playmaker but he is not a Gattuso with offensive skills. He is not at the level of Sneijder but he is that type of play making mid, someone that can make the quick pass to his front man.
To be honest, why does the LCM has to be Pirlo type of passer/ play maker, to me the mid field trio must be someone who can play the game both ways, along with a someone who has the energy to run back and forth in both zones. The modern game is all about speed and movement, quite frankly, someone like Pirlo or Slowdorf, Aqualini or Montelivo really have no place in Milan if Milan actually got better players.
07-30-2011, 02:01 PM
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2011, 02:02 PM by ZvonimirBoban.)
(07-30-2011, 09:05 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I think it is normal to compare the team with Barca. After all, if you want to be the best, you got to beat the best. Would it be better, if I write stuff like, can they beat Parma?
You may better not write anything about whom to beat, if those are the options. After all, there are no general ways to beat all teams... you may beat Barca but fail to beat Parma, no guarantee that if you beat Barca you beat all teams.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
|