Summer transfer window 2017
(07-21-2017, 01:13 AM)Ryo Wrote: You gotta think about our finances first mate.
We have around 120-130M to spend plus whatever we can get from sales.
After that was announced, the only outgoings have been Lapadula and De Sci (and possibly Viagioni in a few days).
Also note that it was after this announcement that we brought in Bonucci.
Bonucci less De Sci (they're basically a packaged deal) cost us 42M - 14M = 28M
Lapadula's full 13M valuation we won't be getting until next year... we only get 2M for the initial loan.

That leaves us currently with 130M - 28 + 2 = 104M left to do our business.
Okay, lets say Bayern really do take 8M for an initial loan of Renato Sanchez. That leaves us with 96M to play. 
From what I've been hearing Kalinic is gonna cost us around 33M. That leaves us with just 63M that we can use for Belotti.

Unless we can convince Cairo to take 60M + players (which we have not been able to do all summer), Belotti may as well be a pipe dream.

Looks like all the more reliable sources have us likely to offer up to 60+ those two but officially only offering 40 + those two... If we can get him for 60Plus those two...
We still have left to sell... Bacca(say max 18=20), Sosa(5), Zapata(5) or Gomez(5), maybe even Monto(0), Vangioni(4-5), 
With Only Kjaer potentially coming in (max 10) and Badelj(12ish)
still leaves us with potentially 10ish mill... with essentially a closed transfer window... 
Kalinic will likely cost 30 max anyway.
The only signings I would imagine would come in after that would be young players that would play with the youth teams or likely stay with the team they where bought from for a bit... Wouldn't be surprised if someone like Lo Faso was signed, to be paid in installments, but kept at Palermo for a season or two before coming over.

Danilo Cataldi is on loan to Benevento this season and Caldara is almost an impossibility, especially after us picking up bonucci... Caldara is likely to be recalled from Atalanta instead of Ladri buying a new defender... But Caldara would be an amazing pick up
"De cara al inicio del Torneo Apertura 2017, el director técnico de Rayados, Antonio Mohamed, confesó que Leonel Vangioni viene en camino a Monterrey para ser el nuevo refuerzo de Rayados."

Essentially... The teams coach confirmed Vangioni is on the way to Monterrey... they just need to finalise some details...
(07-21-2017, 01:37 AM)porcho Wrote: "De cara al inicio del Torneo Apertura 2017, el director técnico de Rayados, Antonio Mohamed, confesó que Leonel Vangioni viene en camino a Monterrey para ser el nuevo refuerzo de Rayados."

Essentially... The teams coach confirmed Vangioni is on the way to Monterrey...  they just need to finalise some details...

Three year deal
(07-21-2017, 01:28 AM)porcho Wrote: Looks like all the more reliable sources have us likely to offer up to 60+ those two but officially only offering 40 + those two... If we can get him for 60Plus those two...
We still have left to sell... Bacca(say max 18=20), Sosa(5), Zapata(5) or Gomez(5), maybe even Monto(0), Vangioni(4-5), 
With Only Kjaer potentially coming in (max 10) and Badelj(12ish)
still leaves us with potentially 10ish mill... with essentially a closed transfer window... 
Kalinic will likely cost 30 max anyway.
The only signings I would imagine would come in after that would be young players that would play with the youth teams or likely stay with the team they where bought from for a bit... Wouldn't be surprised if someone like Lo Faso was signed, to be paid in installments, but kept at Palermo for a season or two before coming over.

Danilo Cataldi is on loan to Benevento this season and Caldara is almost an impossibility, especially after us picking up bonucci... Caldara is likely to be recalled from Atalanta instead of Ladri buying a new defender... But Caldara would be an amazing pick up

Bacca, Zapata and Sosa I give you, but if we're gonna play 3 at the back there's no way Gomez will leave, not even with Kjaer coming in.
Those outgoings will be enough to cover Kjaer and Badelj's transfers with 10M to the bank.
70M plus players. We're still off by at least 10M mate, and that's only if Cairo is willing to accept 80M plus players. 
The senile old fool keeps preaching 100M, which makes it sound like he wants cash all up.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(07-21-2017, 01:40 AM)Ryo Wrote: Bacca, Zapata and Sosa I give you, but if we're gonna play 3 at the back there's no way Gomez will leave, not even with Kjaer coming in.
Those outgoings will be enough to cover Kjaer and Badelj's transfers with 10M to the bank.
70M plus players. We're still off by at least 10M mate, and that's only if Cairo is willing to accept 80M plus players. 
The senile old fool keeps preaching 100M, which makes it sound like he wants cash all up.

I was saying it's Gomez or Zapata not both... and one of those two going on the proviso that Kjaer actually comes... I can't see us selling one and not replacing them with Kjaer... Given the choice I'm with you in that I much prefer Gomez... For me he's more reliable as well as being younger...
And it looks like his meeting with Belotti didn't go so great. He's currently in with their director of football... 

So looks like he might likely start to consider the 60 plus players...
The issue with that transfer seems to be that we've offered 40 plus players and Cairo fluctuates between 80 plus players to not even for 100... so there doesn't seem to have been any form of proper negotiating... If Belotti said in the meeting he wants to go to Milan he might suddenly want to sit down and negotiate like a normal person.
Kalinic for 33? What the fuck? That deal would rival purchasing Matri from Juventus as the worst in awhile. Why cant we just keep Bacca? He is a much better player, already on the books.
Quote:Fassone: "Belotti, Kalinic or Aubameyang? There could be another figure, a Mister X."

Sagrin
(07-21-2017, 01:57 AM)Stitch Wrote: Kalinic for 33? What the *****? That deal would rival purchasing Matri from Juventus as the worst in awhile. Why cant we just keep Bacca? He is a much better player, already on the books.

Oy, talk to Montella. Don't shoot the messenger  Sagrin
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(07-21-2017, 01:57 AM)Stitch Wrote: Kalinic for 33? What the *****? That deal would rival purchasing Matri from Juventus as the worst in awhile. Why cant we just keep Bacca? He is a much better player, already on the books.

I agree that Kalinic should not be a single Euro over 20mil. 33 would just be plain dumb. More or less on the same level of burning money. 

Having said that, Bacca has not proven to be a better player than Kalinic, especially in this last year IMO. On top of that, he just doesn't fit Montella's football. He can not combine with anyone. Can not hold the ball up. Can never win a long ball up from the defenders and bring others into the game. Rarely does he offer a movement towards the wings to open up space for vertical runs through the middle, etc, etc. Worst of all, he "cleverness" in the box has somewhat disappeared also. I mean, look at Aubameyang's second goal against us a few days ago. He made 3 runs on the road to that goal and with the 3rd one ended up in the ONLY place in the box that the ball could possibly find him. I honestly did not see Bacca do anything like that the entire season, yet runs in the box are supposed to be his specialty. It was a lot of stationary stuff in the box this past year, followed by a disgusted face after the ball didn't get to him.

Kalinic may not be a world beater, in fact he definitely is not, but he can definitely do the things I listed up there better than Bacca and therefore fits Montella's style better. His problem is that he just doesn't score many goals. (I am talking about the things other than the movement in the box)

I think Kalinic gets a lot of criticism across the board from fans. He is a decent player that does certain things (like bringing a long ball down with a defender on his back, holding it, and bringing others into the game) really well. 

In any case.....I would not buy Kalinic, especially if we get Belotti or someone of similar stature. We already have Andre Silva and we can keep Cutrone. We can always use Suso as a SS also. I just don't see the purpose of spending 20mil on Kalinic. BUT, he definitely is worth that much in terms of valuation. 33mil though???? As I said earlier, that would be stupid.
(07-21-2017, 02:11 AM)nefremo Wrote: I agree that Kalinic should not be a single Euro over 20mil. 33 would jist be plain dumb. More or less on the same level of burning money. 

Having said that, Bacca has not proven to be a better player than Kalinic, especially in this last year. He just doesn't fit Montella's football. He can not combine with anyone. Can not hold the ball up. Can never win a long ball up from the defenders and bring others into the game. Rarely does he offer a movement towards the wings to open up space for vertical runs through the middle, etc, etc. 

Kalinic may not be a world beater, in fact he definitely is not, but he can definitely do the things I listed up there better than Bacca and therefore fits Montella's style better. His problem is that he just doesn't score many goals.

I think Kalinic gets a lot of criticism across the board from fans. He is a decent player that does certain things (like bringing a long ball down woth a defender on his back, holding it, and bringing others into the game) really well. 

In any case.....I would not buy Kalinic, especially if we get Belotti or someone of similar stature. We already have Andre Silva and we can keep Cutrone. We can always use Suso as a SS also. I just don't see the purpose of spending 20mil on Kalinic. BUT, he definitely is worth that much. 33 though???? That would be stupid.

All the rumours I've seen puts as at 23-24 and them at 30... so likely it would be somewhere aound 25-26... still too much in my opinion but if we sell Bacca for 20 then he, for all intents and purposes, essentially costs us 5-6 mill... Just need to make sure we sell Bacca for a figure approaching 20 for the 25-26 to be viable... 

I agree that he might not be 100% necessary but it would be good to have a solid proper backup to play alongside Borini as the subsitute strike pair... Suso for me would be more the Borini position replacement... I'm thinking in case we end up in the unfortunate position where we lose both Andre Silva and Belotti(hopefully) for a game or two... Borini and Suso wouldnt be a very effective attacking pair... I suppose it does mean Cutrone gets more of a go though... Getting both him and Belotti means we've got good options up front and we can easy Cutrone through... With Borini beaing on loan we could chose to not buy him and keep Cutrone as 4th option next season.

As for Kalinic... He's definitely the better out of him and Bacca... add Bacca's lack of motivation and the gap between the two grows. Bacca definitely doesn't fit Montella's system this year although I wonder if he'd fit better in a 2 up front with Andre Silva/Borini alongside him...
Either way, spending 6 or so mill on a more motivated player with qualities that fit better is a decent deal in by eyes