Serie A (Matchday 5): Milan - SPAL 2013 (Wednesday, Sept. 20th, 20:45 CET)
looks like a 3-4-2-1
Milan (probable): Donnarumma; Musacchio, Bonucci, Romagnoli; Abate, Kessie, Biglia, Rodriguez; Suso, Calhanoglu, Andre Silva
Having a Milan game every three days is a bless.
Its great that Silva is a sure starter but Kali should also start to ride his confidence after scoring 3 goals.
I would start Cala over Abate & see if he can build on his previous good game & if he failed then Abate should replace the next tougher game.
The same goes for Hakan over Suso & again if he didnt impress then start Suso the next game.
Donna, Musa, Bonbon, Roma, Cala, RR, BigL, Kessie, Hakan, Andre, Kali.
[Image: DVl2nAT.jpg]
now back to 3-5-2
Must win with confidence and clean sheet. 3-5-2 with Silva and Kalinic sounds good to me. Silva could play behind Kalinic or vice versa.
It's important not to underestimate SPAL in this match. They drew with Lazio, beat Udinese and gave Inter some difficulties so far this year.

More than system, what's important in this match is not to let concentration and hunger drop. We've had a couple of solid results following the Lazio loss and on the whole we've had a solid start to the season, but our weakness in recent years in particular is that when we start to look like we're going to go into a decent run of results, we start to get overconfident and let ourselves down against seemingly easier opposition. Our mindset going into matches like this is fundamental to building the new side, we can't afford ourselves any sort of drop.

On the system, the latest lineup appears to be:

Donnarumma; Zapata, Bonucci, Musacchio; Calabria, Kessié, Biglia, Calhanoglu, Rodriguez; A. Silva, Kalinic

I presume Zapata is there partly to give Romagnoli a rest as he's played a couple of games after a long layoff, but also to test him (or Musacchio) on the left side of defence and see how he does when on the "wrong" side.

There were talks of 3-4-2-1, but this appears to be the same system we used against Austria Vienna. Even if Suso was playing, I don't think Montella would significantly change the midfield, it would be a 3 man midfield with Calhanoglu being given more freedom to push up.
Another match I am going to miss :/
Donnarumma; Zapata, Bonucci, Romagnoli; Abate, Kessie, Biglia, Calhanoglu, Rodriguez; Kalinic, André Silva
Happy with this, even though I wanted to see the 3-4-2-1 on display. Still, I think having 2 strikers against a side like Spal will be good. I expect us to dominate and having both Kalinic and Silva right up on their CBs when the ball is in the attacking third will put a lot more pressure on their backline.
Links?
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool