Summer transfer window 2018
(07-28-2018, 06:41 PM)Nicolas Wrote: Would you honestly be excited by the prospect of joining this club if you were in their shoes?
Two years ago Higuain was one of the absolutely most desired players in the world, now his club is eager to get rid of him.
Caldara has been waiting patiently for his chance to join the Juventus and be a part of that team.
- now they both have to work up a motivation to join a team where everything has up in arms over the past two years; owners, finances, managers, CEO, directors and captains. A team that just barely scraped through to the Europa League, it is a far cry from where Juventus are these years. They have both witnessed how Bonucci struggled last season and how that affected his reputation, I can’t fault them for having reservations. If this deal goes through it will be because Leo has managed to convince them of the ambitions and the prospect of this new Milan, we’ll have to wait and see how it all pans out.

Of course I understand that it's something they have to think twice about. If they end up joining I don't think motivation will be an issue. None of them will be starters at Juve, so if they want to play a lot they need to leave (but not necessarily to us).

If they look at the past troubles they won't come. If they can look forward like our new management and owners, they will come and be important parts of our project.

And yes, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Quote:The next hours will be decisive for the Juve-Milan-Chelsea market axis, as all clubs has related transfer market operations. Rugani is destined to remain at Juventus, which means that Chelsea will turn their attention to Caldara along with Higuain.

If Chelsea are willing to offer €90-100M for both players, Juventus would accept the offer. Therefore, the Bonucci operation would be different, as Juventus would pay cash for Bonucci, with Milan forced to accept the offer because of Bonucci’s will to return to Juventus.

Should Milan miss out on Higuain, the priority for the attack would be Morata. However, if Milan doesn’t have enough money for Morata, it would be necessary to fund it through sales of both Donnarumma and Bonucci.

It should also be noted that Milan met with Raiola
So we might end up with nothing really. If we can't have Caldara and Higuain we shouldn't sell Bonucci to Juve for under €60 million.
(07-28-2018, 08:11 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: So we might end up with nothing really. If we can't have Caldara and Higuain we shouldn't sell Bonucci to Juve for under €60 million.

Bonucci for 60m isn't feasible
(07-28-2018, 08:14 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: Bonucci for 60m isn't feasible

I know, but if Juve sell Caldara and Higuain to Chelsea for €100m and get Bonucci for €35m we're just bending over for them...
(07-28-2018, 08:11 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: So we might end up with nothing really. If we can't have Caldara and Higuain we shouldn't sell Bonucci to Juve for under €60 million.

We bought Bonucci for €42M a year ago, he is a year older now, coming off his worst season in years, and to top that off Leo has already publically stated that Bonucci is pushing to leave, it would be very hard for him or the club to explain it if he ended up staying at Milan. We are not in a position to ask for a higher fee than we paid for him last year, on the contrary.

We need to get Bonucci off our books, his €20M a year before tax is way more important than what we can sell him for.
Higuain & his brother-agent are returning to Italy tomorrow. They have a meeting scheduled with Leonardo. Milan will attempt to convince the player, the idea is to make him a symbol for the Milan team and give him a four-year contract, longer than his current one with Juve [Sky]
On Bonucci potentially going for money only, I'd say f' it and maintain the Caldara swap, regardless of Chelsea. I couldn't care less about Bonucci's will, we do what serves us.

Anyway, looks like there's close to being a breakthrough, Higuain returning to Italy to speak to Leo

https://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/sky...ero-302964

That doesn't happen if he's just planning to reject the offer
The meeting between Higuain and Leonardo will be crucial. Milan and Juventus are optimistic about the positive outcome of this operation despite the inclusion of Chelsea [Sky]
(07-28-2018, 08:29 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: On Bonucci potentially going for money only, I'd say f' it and maintain the Caldara swap, regardless of Chelsea. I couldn't care less about Bonucci's will, we do what serves us.

Anyway, looks like there's close to being a breakthrough, Higuain returning to Italy to speak to Leo

https://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/sky...ero-302964

That doesn't happen if he's just planning to reject the offer

I agree with you 100% on that. Bonucci will stay then. We don't need to be desperate to get rid of him at all. He will deal with it and get over with it in a few months.