Summer transfer window 2018
(08-02-2018, 12:24 PM)hwmook Wrote: I don't know why Suso is always being link with a move away when he seem geniunely happy staying in Milan. Unless we need to raise cash else I can't see us selling him away. I want to see us getting rid of Bacca who doesn't want to be here, Kalinic who is really crap all need to be disposed off before we consider selling the others.

We need cash. We’ll try as hard as possible to get rid of Bacca, Kalinic etc. but Suso is easier to move and will count as pure profit in regard to FFP.
It might mean that we won’t play with a 4-3-3 for the upcoming season. With Gattuso praising Hakan for his performance as a mezzala against Tottenham and our lack of wingers and overload of strikers for one position, it might make sense to switch to a 4-1-2-1-2.
i cant believe we actually got higuain 18m for a loan with no obligation, and the swap with caldara, i think leo must be giving those guys at juve some crack or something, i hope he keeps doing this thing with the others.
(08-02-2018, 12:47 PM)sylrus Wrote: i cant believe we actually got higuain 18m for a loan with no obligation, and the swap with caldara, i think leo must be giving those guys at juve some crack or something, i hope he keeps doing this thing with the others.

I am very very certain that we have an obligation to buy him next summer, it’s just written down on a napkin and not a contract. We have to appear sensible spending wise to UEFA. It is a gentleman agreement between us, Juventus and Higuain to comply with FFP.
Higuain, Caldara and Bonucci all having/had medicals, so expect the official announcement later today or tomorrow.

Looks like Leo's spoken Rabiot's mother and is considering whether we should make a bid or focus elsewhere (given the time we have, we may not have time to negotiate for Rabiot):

https://www.milannews.it/calciomercato-m...nto-303463

Bernard also looks very likely, we're the clear frontrunners and it seems things are heading towards a conclusion:

https://www.milannews.it/calciomercato-m...rdo-303468

Di Marzio has opened up the possibility of Pato returning to Milan:

https://www.milannews.it/calciomercato-m...rsi-303470

As I've mentioned before, if we sell/loan all of Kalinic, Bacca and Silva, then don't rule out a Pato return for the squad.

On Inter, it must be said their market needs to be respected, they've done a huge amount of work to reinforce a lot of areas they needed to improve and Modric would be a massive signing, as he'd replace Rafinha in adding creativity. It seems they are prepared to make a lot of short term signings to really push Juve and have a good run in CL.

I also think the outcome of their situation might have a bearing on our market. If they can get Modric and Vidal isn't signed, then I wouldn't be shocked if Leo is ready to see if we can gain from the opportunity there.
Inter is having a great mercato. They'll likely finish second in the league this season

I think with our current squad that we can finish fourth
(08-02-2018, 01:42 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: Inter is having a great mercato.  They'll likely finish second in the league this season

I think with our current squad that we can finish fourth

Knowing Inter, they will still fuck up and finish fifth.
maybe higuain can make us finish 2nd
I could see Vidal coming here if Modric goes to Inter. Wasn't he linked to us before. 

I'd like to see Pato back for another chance.
(08-02-2018, 12:38 PM)Nicolas Wrote: We need cash. We’ll try as hard as possible to get rid of Bacca, Kalinic etc. but Suso is easier to move and will count as pure profit in regard to FFP.
It might mean that we won’t play with a 4-3-3 for the upcoming season. With Gattuso praising Hakan for his performance as a mezzala against Tottenham and our lack of wingers and overload of strikers for one position, it might make sense to switch to a 4-1-2-1-2.

I really doubt we will Suso if it is still below 40 mil euros. You can say much about FFP, but if it is ONLY our concern, we won't sign Higuain. Suso's wage does not put weight on our financial expenses and the supposedly 35 mil euros of transfer fee could be covered by other players who are less important like Silva or Kalinic+Bacca+Gomez. In addition, it is not that the transfer window is closing.

I really think that our best players will remain in Milan except enormous amount of money arrives. Higuain's transfer should emphasize our project: to bring the level quality of Milan into the next stage in a short time. Selling one of our best players does not reflect that goal.

Btw I am pleased Higuain is joining Milan. Our target could be Zaza before the takeover of the club ownership, now we are getting one of best scorer in Serie A in the last couple of years. I never expected this.

What might be a concern to me is that we lost the player who has been building strong partnership with Romagnoli. I am not upset we lost Bonucci since he is replaceable. Loosing him means the two CBs in our formation need time to produce strong defense.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(08-02-2018, 02:00 PM)Siregar Wrote: Btw I am pleased Higuain is joining Milan. Our target could be Zaza before the takeover of the club ownership, now we are getting one of best scorer in Serie A in the last couple of years. I never expected this.

What might be a concern to me is that we lost the player who has been building strong partnership with Romagnoli. I am not upset we lost Bonucci since he is replaceable. Loosing him means the two CBs in our formation need time to produce strong defense.

About Higuain, he's not one of the best scorers in Serie A, he is the best goalscorer of the last 5 years in Italy (111 goals, more than anyone else). Sagrin

What is funny about Caldara coming is that last season, there was a rumour about Juventus wanting Romagnoli. I think these rumours were also there in Fébruary/March.
They would have got the next best 3 defenders of Italy all together. Finally, we have the next best 2 (I think Rugani hasn't developed like expected, he looks a bit lost sometimes on the pitch and not as solid as he should be) in Milan.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !