Summer transfer window 2018
Considering he inherited an average squad with many issues, I think he did well when he took over. Can the team grow from last years 2nd half of the season? We'll see. Full pre season, new team, we'll see how he goes now. For now, he's our coach. We'll see come December whether it was a good decision or not.
(08-06-2018, 07:02 AM)porcho Wrote: Considering he inherited an average squad with many issues, I think he did well when he took over. Can the team grow from last years 2nd half of the season? We'll see. Full pre season, new team, we'll see how he goes now. For now, he's our coach. We'll see come December whether it was a good decision or not.

At least, with Gattuso, the players weren't in holidays like in the last few years during the preparation ... which means our players won't be tired after 60 minutes come October ! Smile

That's already a good point ...

He took a team which was mentally destroyed and managed, in a few weeks, to make them believe in a run for an hypothetical CL spot !

He must have his chance.

What is said for Locatelli or some others (having their chance if they do well despite not being superstars) is the same for the coach.
And who knows if we don't have the perfect coach for Milan ? Only time will tell ...

We're in a moment with Milan given back to real Rossoneri, we can't put a former Juventus bandiera on our bench right now. Not now. And if Gattuso does well, never ! Big Grin
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(08-06-2018, 07:11 AM)GeoTav Wrote: At least, with Gattuso, the players weren't in holidays like in the last few years during the preparation ... which means our players won't be tired after 60 minutes come October ! Smile

That's already a good point ...

He took a team which was mentally destroyed and managed, in a few weeks, to make them believe in a run for an hypothetical CL spot !

He must have his chance.

What is said for Locatelli or some others (having their chance if they do well despite not being superstars) is the same for the coach.
And who knows if we don't have the perfect coach for Milan ? Only time will tell ...

We're in a moment with Milan given back to real Rossoneri, we can't put a former Juventus bandiera on our bench right now. Not now. And if Gattuso does well, never ! Big Grin

Exactly!
(08-06-2018, 06:39 AM)millinarios Wrote: Everyone can have a lucky string of results once in a while, and remember even Montella seemed okay the season before, only to turn into disaster in the next one. I personally was never satisfied with our way of playing. As for Conte, I'm not a huge fan of his, but even his win percentage with Bari and Siena (before Juventus) is better than anything Gattuso could produce so far in any team. I really doubt he will be still our coach one year from now.

Don't you remember he manage Atalanta in between Bari and Siena? He left after a few months and left the team in 19th place. He got sacked by Chelsea after a 5th place finish and he is always whining about more signings instead of doing his job. Unless ancelotti want to come back again else I don't think anybody should replace Gattuso this season.
We are not in CL right now where a slip could decide the journey of the club in the tournament. A young Coach like Gattuso who aready brought the team from a low point of mentality and quality play to the much improved ones should be sufficient for the team at least for this season. We can see from last season, he managed to escape a serie of draws towards the end of the season eventhough it cost the CL spot. It was actually an excessive goal for him to reach CL spot considering the position of the club when he was appointed by the club.

We still need more than 1 midfielder (assumed Hakan still on the left wing). There should be a starting material CM we get for left side of the midfield and one CM who can compete mostly with Biglia and Kessie. We lack of quality players not only in starting line up but also on the bench for midfield position.

Borini should be third or fourth choice for RB and wing.  Sagrin
Mauri should be loaned out. 
Locatelli can fight for a spot in the midfield.
Hopefully Strinic could offer more than RR. RR's contribution to the attack is almost nothing. He is an average fullback from what we could see last season.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
According to some british media Arsenal want RR for £30 million (€33.7 million).
(08-06-2018, 07:42 AM)Siregar Wrote: We are not in CL right now where a slip could decide the journey of the club in the tournament. A young Coach like Gattuso who aready brought the team from a low point of mentality and quality play to the much improved ones should be sufficient for the team at least for this season. We can see from last season, he managed to escape a serie of draws towards the end of the season eventhough it cost the CL spot. It was actually an excessive goal for him to reach CL spot considering the position of the club when he was appointed by the club.

We still need more than 1 midfielder (assumed Hakan still on the left wing). There should be a starting material CM we get for left side of the midfield and one CM who can compete mostly with Biglia and Kessie. We lack of quality players not only in starting line up but also on the bench for midfield position.

Borini should be third or fourth choice for RB and wing.  Sagrin
Mauri should be loaned out. 
Locatelli can fight for a spot in the midfield.
Hopefully Strinic could offer more than RR. RR's contribution to the attack is almost nothing. He is an average fullback from what we could see last season.

Arsenal is interested in RR, maybe we should ship him out.
At £30m, an offer for RR should be considered, but only accepted if we have a good replacement lined up. Strinic, despite a good world cup, really isn't the answer imo.

On RR, I think opinions of him seem a little off. I know he's not had a great season last season, but the idea he's not an offensive wingback just isn't true. He built his name off his offensive performances at Wolfsburg and for Switzerland (even in the WC) he played much more offensively than he has at Milan. I'm not sure why at Milan he's more withdrawn, but he is an offensive wingback. He's also got a lot more to give than he did last season, so I'm not keen on selling unless we have a guarantee replacement already planned.
(08-06-2018, 08:21 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: According to some british media Arsenal want RR for £30 million (€33.7 million).

If it is true, we should sell him. IIRC we got him around 15-20 mil euros. We will then have big profit.  Devilol

RR is not a terrible fullback. He is decent defensively but he often looked confused when he was upfront. What he offred only crosses but unfortunately not delicous ones for our striker.

I am not sure if he can improve his offensive ability. 

Problem might appear is finding better availabe option who is good at both defensive and offensive works.  Confused

Hopefully Conti could be soon recovered and gain his form like in his Atalanta's time so we can have very good fullback offensively on the right side balanced by RR who is better defensively.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
When Conti will be back, he will have Caldara and Kessie next to him on the left, like if he never left Atalanta ... Big Grin

About RR, last season,we saw Roberto Rodriguez, his bro ... let's see what will happen with Ricardo !
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !